Become a Patron!

Creating an Amazon for Vapes

Hi,

I've created a marketplace for vapes but have hit a brick wall in getting the word out to vendors.

Whats the best way to market my marketplace and services to as many vendors as possible?

Also, I really want to get more feedback on how we can improve so please comment on the site if you check it out.

Thanks,

This is not an advertisement, but links to the site are in my signature (Peddlir)

Thanks for the response Bignasty, however this is designed for small business's to sell on (local vape shops, local mixers), not chinese wholesalers.

Thanks!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amazon is apparently allowing the sale of vape gear. I've seen a lot of stuff listed there lately.

The issue is with Paypal payments, it isnt allowed assuming you get caught, I do not pretend to believe Amazon is not competition. In time, we will differentiate with hyper geolocation based shopping. Basically we push customers towards local stores and products, while still allowing global purchases as well

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The issue is with Paypal payments, it isnt allowed assuming you get caught, I do not pretend to believe Amazon is not competition. In time, we will differentiate with hyper geolocation based shopping. Basically we push customers towards local stores and products, while still allowing global purchases as well

So you charge vendors a fee to sign up and then what, take a percentage of their sales as well?

We take as minimal fee as we can, to give you comparison, Ebay and Amazon take upwards to 18% of all sales. We take 5% plus the minimal sign up fee. All money currently goes directly into development of enhanced features for vendors

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We take as minimal fee as we can, to give you comparison, Ebay and Amazon take upwards to 18% of all sales. We take 5% plus the minimal sign up fee. All money currently goes directly into development of enhanced features for vendors
Yeah, but Amazon and Ebay have millions and millions of customers shopping day and night. Not sure who you are targeting actually. I would say the vast majority of vape shops accept credit cards so it's not a huge leap for them to set up their own website and accept credit cards online. The only ones who rely on paypal are people working out of their living rooms. No disrespect but it seems to me you want a bunch of free advice about how you can make yourself rich piggybacking off of other people's sales. You say Amazon is your competition. No it's not. It's a multi-billion dollar company that's been around for twenty years. If they start becoming a marketplace for mods and atomizers, why would anyone need you? Great domain name though.

Thank you Vaperature for your feedback, I am sorry that you think I am merely trying to get rich. The reason I ask for "advice" is because I can turn feedback into solutions.

I can explain the larger picture of this project, if you were interested. I appreciate hearing your thoughts thus far.

Thank you

The name is the key to our larger vision, there is no marketplace designed for small business nor focused on hyper geolocation. We want to change that

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The name is the key to our larger vision, there is no marketplace designed for small business nor focused on hyper geolocation. We want to change that
Well I wish you the best of luck.

VU Sponsors