Become a Patron!

Critics warn Bentley’s proposed tobacco and e-cig tax hike could cost 2,000 jobs

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The law would also preclude retailers from conducting promotions or sales and would stop vapor patrons from sampling various flavors without buying an entire vial.
Sounds like their goal is to shutter the vaping industry in their area.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So either they are trying to completely destroy the areas vape shops, or they have no fucking clue what they are doing.
25cents a ml?!?!?!?!?!? Thats 2.50 per 10ml bottle, do they even understand how this shit works? I have my doubts.
If something like this goes through, they can say goodbye to all vapor revenue all together, because all their shops will shut down.
If this is a greed issue, it will backfire. If its a destruction issue, it will work.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There you go ! Same song ,they just changed the words . It's not about your health , and never was about your health , it's about the money . The local b&m will suffer , and people will buy more on line , or cross the state line . It's about lazy politicians looking for an easy way out , to grab some cash . People will cross into the next state , because if you live by the N.H. state line in Ma. every one goes to N.H. and buys liquor 25% cheaper . The state knows it and built N.H. state liquor stores right off the highway ! When it's time to vote I hope ,the store owners keep this in mind ! Thanks for the heads up !

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Our Asshat of a governor who is now running for President John Kasich has proposed a $1.00 per ml tax!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So either they are trying to completely destroy the areas vape shops, or they have no fucking clue what they are doing.
25cents a ml?!?!?!?!?!? Thats 2.50 per 10ml bottle, do they even understand how this shit works? I have my doubts.
If something like this goes through, they can say goodbye to all vapor revenue all together, because all their shops will shut down.
If this is a greed issue, it will backfire. If its a destruction issue, it will work.

I understand that RJ Renoylds sponsors these bills all across the US.
A cheap big tobacco gas station cigalike contains what? 2ml's of eliquid MAX?
That makes the good ecigs that actually work way more expensive.
They know they can not compete with vaping so they chip away and small to medium size vendors' profit margins.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is Big Tobacco flexing it's muscles on it's home turf. The state, Governor, and legislature don't care if they shutter small businesses. They are short sited and greedy. They know that if they raise taxes on Tobacco any more than they have, the black market will boom. The same with booze and beer, if they raise taxes, a big chunk of their political donations will suddenly dry up. 5150sick is correct, Big Tobacco can't compete without a rigged market, nor can they offer products that vapers will use to get off Tobacco for the long run. After all, Big Tobacco needs smokers to stay in business. They have shown they don't give a rats ass about anyone or anything but their profits. Those same profits keep politicians squealing and fighting to get to the slop trough that Big Tobacco and taxes provide them.

Vape shop employees don't make a lot of money, the owners make some, but it's not a huge amount. What the politician are counting on is the sping and manufactured narrative they paint as Vaping as the same as smoking tobacco. They are counting on vapers to stay silent through same campaigns. What these political pigs may not realize is that vaping has taken hold as a viable alternative to tobacco. When you have older folks vaping to stay off the smokes, you have folks who are also politically active who are vapers. The same goes for younger people. More so than ever, younger people are determining the future poltical landscape. Politican's know this and try to pander to them, but our younger generations see through the bullshit and have less trust in their government than any other time in history.

As a former smoker, I can say the issue of Big Tobacco lining the pockets of politicians needs to be brought into the open and those politicians removed from power. Politicians and Big Tobacco simply don't care about people. They only care about money and the illusion of power money brings.

It's time for vapers to get brooms and mops. It's time to clean out the corruption infesting our local, state, and federal governments.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand that RJ Renoylds sponsors these bills all across the US.
A cheap big tobacco gas station cigalike contains what? 2ml's of eliquid MAX?
That makes the good ecigs that actually work way more expensive.
They know they can not compete with vaping so they chip away and small to medium size vendors' profit margins.
I was shortsighted. that makes alot of sense.

VU Sponsors