Become a Patron!

Crown 3 spitback problem

Simbah

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I've been experiencing a lot of spit back and popping(movie theater popcorn)from my second coil - the 0.5.
No leakage from the airholes, running at 70/80 watts. I cleaned the chimney with a qtip and it comes back soaked.
Maybe some of you could help me troubleshoot this...
Bad coil, bad design?
It'd be a shame to have to ditch or return this tank, I like it a lot lol
Thanks.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a great tank. The secret is not to panic.
Consider operator error before mfg error.

Just keep vaping.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like an o-ring or not fully seated somewhere if it's returning after clearing. mines been fine across both coil types

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could also be inhaling too hard on the tank, causing it to flood

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi everyone, I've been experiencing a lot of spit back and popping(movie theater popcorn)from my second coil - the 0.5.
No leakage from the airholes, running at 70/80 watts. I cleaned the chimney with a qtip and it comes back soaked.
Maybe some of you could help me troubleshoot this...
Bad coil, bad design?
It'd be a shame to have to ditch or return this tank, I like it a lot lol
Thanks.
Your not using enough wattage. the coils are super underrated. both the .5 and .25 need 100-120 watts. The .5 arne't good for dual mods either due to volt limits. I use the .5 only for my iPWM mods at around 7.5 volts loaded or roughly 112 watts. many dual battery mos can't output 7.5 volts

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My c3 .5 coils work just fine at 75 (max for my little dot mod box) and only get a tiny bit of crackling on the 1st draw after it sits a a while. I hope they haven't switched manufacturers cause i really love these coils.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Simbah

Member For 4 Years
Yeah weird on the Alien it seems to work better than on the Minikin. Damn, now I have to buy a 3 battery mod lmfao

VU Sponsors