Become a Patron!

Crown Coil flooded after sitting overnight

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my Crown is a new tank for me. I finally got the coil priming down on coil #3 and it was vaping beautifully all day yesterday! This morning I wake up, grab my mod and start vaping and it is totally flooded - gurgling, spitting, low vapor. So I run through all the little tricks to unflood the coil but nothing works. I broke it down and the coil looks pretty gunky and almost like the cotton has spread into the middle of the coil and is kinda blocking the middle part of the coil. Is this normal after just 1 day of vaping? I cleaned out some ejuice that had gotten into the base well of the tank and put the coil back in, put everything back together and started vaping and it was just as bad if not worse. Just primed a new coil and am letting it sit for a while but I dont want to have to use a new coil every day. Any help is appreciated!

I was using Kilo Cereal Milk and Capone both are 70/30 VG/PG. Coil is a 1.2 ohm Crown coil and was vaping all day between 16-20Watts.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uwell who makes the Crown tank can be hit of miss with coils. Not sure if you have the original Crown or the 2 or new 3 version but they all had problems.

I have not had what happened to you but have gotten some bad coils. On my new Crown 3 the first coil seeped juice and only lasted 3 to 4 days.

I would just try a new coil, looks like you got a bad one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So my Crown is a new tank for me. I finally got the coil priming down on coil #3 and it was vaping beautifully all day yesterday! This morning I wake up, grab my mod and start vaping and it is totally flooded - gurgling, spitting, low vapor. So I run through all the little tricks to unflood the coil but nothing works. I broke it down and the coil looks pretty gunky and almost like the cotton has spread into the middle of the coil and is kinda blocking the middle part of the coil. Is this normal after just 1 day of vaping? I cleaned out some ejuice that had gotten into the base well of the tank and put the coil back in, put everything back together and started vaping and it was just as bad if not worse. Just primed a new coil and am letting it sit for a while but I dont want to have to use a new coil every day. Any help is appreciated!

I was using Kilo Cereal Milk and Capone both are 70/30 VG/PG. Coil is a 1.2 ohm Crown coil and was vaping all day between 16-20Watts.

Edited my post cause I thought we were talking about the Crown III. The OG Crown has about a 25% rate on the coils. Believe it or not the Ni coils are better. I own hundreds of Crown coils and so far on the SS about 1 out of 4 are just bad coils.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uwell who makes the Crown tank can be hit of miss with coils. Not sure if you have the original Crown or the 2 or new 3 version but they all had problems.

I have not had what happened to you but have gotten some bad coils. On my new Crown 3 the first coil seeped juice and only lasted 3 to 4 days.

I would just try a new coil, looks like you got a bad one.

Gah..
It is an original Crown...the guys at my vape shop talked me into getting it because it was the most reliable supposedly. I had to order the 1.2 ohm coils because my device maxes out at 30W ...I just put the 4th coil in from my 4 pack lol (good thing I ordered 2 packs)...the first 2 coils I messed up by not priming enough (lots of cotton in there lol) but this 3rd one I primed the hell out of it (dripped juice on it and let it prime overnight) it worked so well yesterday...just so weird that it got messed up just from sitting...

Are these continuous problems just part of vaping? Or am I having bad luck? Lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original Crown is still a damn good tank. It does come down to luck with the coils though, I was pretty lucky with the original, still have one I use from time to time.

I haven't heard much complaints about the cotton expanding in the middle. It was probably just bad luck. When you get a good coil it should last a week or a month depending on how much you vape and the eliquid you use.

I think you will be fine, now that you got the bad luck out of the way it should be smooth sailing from here on out

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Edited my post cause I thought we were talking about the Crown III. The OG Crown has about a 25% rate on the coils. Believe it or not the Ni coils are better. I own hundreds of Crown coils and so far on the SS about 1 out of 4 are just bad coils.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

So a bad coil could start off awesome? Just dont understand how it got flooded just from sitting overnight...but yeah the cotton is all in the middle of the coil...didnt know if that was normal but thinking that has something to do with why I can't un flood it.
I guess even if I go through a coil a day it is still cheaper than smoking lol

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The original Crown is still a damn good tank. It does come down to luck with the coils though, I was pretty lucky with the original, still have one I use from time to time.

I haven't heard much complaints about the cotton expanding in the middle. It was probably just bad luck. When you get a good coil it should last a week or a month depending on how much you vape and the eliquid you use.

I think you will be fine, now that you got the bad luck out of the way it should be smooth sailing from here on out

I hope so! Lol because since I started vaping 1 month ago I have maybe had 3 days of no problems to deal with with my equipment. A lot of it was newbie user errors but some of it was just faulty equipment too...hoping for some smooth sailing! Lol thanks for the help!

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mistake, I found 1.2 coils, anyway sounds like it needs higher wattage to vape the juice.
The 1.2s say 10-30W. I started off at 10 yesterday becauae it was a brand new coil and then slowly went up from there, ended up at 20W at the end of the day.

How quickly can I crank the watts? I dont wanna burn it but dont wanna flood it either lol

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased 1.2 coils through Uwell. They are definitely 1.2
Yea, that's where I looked, they show .25, .50 and .15. I would use higher W, sounds like it is not vaping all the juice it wicks, for me I get 2-3 weeks out of the .25. I have been using all of Uwell's tanks for quite a while.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 1.2s say 10-30W. I started off at 10 yesterday becauae it was a brand new coil and then slowly went up from there, ended up at 20W at the end of the day.

How quickly can I crank the watts? I dont wanna burn it but dont wanna flood it either lol
For me when I break a Crown Coil in, start low and when you see bubbles, start cranking it up, as far as flooding, I either close the airflow or turn the tank upside down at night.

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me when I break a Crown Coil in, start low and when you see bubbles, start cranking it up, as far as flooding, I either close the airflow or turn the tank upside down at night.

Will definitely try turning upside at night...made sure to close the airholes.
OK so when the little bubbles show up does that mean it needs more wattage? Was getting little bubbles yesterday.

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I am starting to break my new coil in. I loaded it with juice, let it sit for an hour. Starting at 10 W and moving it on up little at a time. Any other pointers so I dont mess this one up? Lol

I vape about 4-5 tanks a day but am trying not to chain vape and give it 30 seconds between pulls.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will definitely try turning upside at night...made sure to close the airholes.
OK so when the little bubbles show up does that mean it needs more wattage? Was getting little bubbles yesterday.
When you see bubbles, it means the coil is wicking, so if the cotton is good and wet, you can turn up the watts.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I am starting to break my new coil in. I loaded it with juice, let it sit for an hour. Starting at 10 W and moving it on up little at a time. Any other pointers so I dont mess this one up? Lol

I vape about 4-5 tanks a day but am trying not to chain vape and give it 30 seconds between pulls.
Just be patient with Crown Coils, low and slow, you'll know when you can put the watts to it, the flavor starts to increase and the chance of burning the cotton is much less.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my old crown tanks I have never had one leak, sorry your having problems with your coils I ran through a Bad batch one time so I understand your frustration And MyVaperstore is a great place to shop but they do not make the coils and I'm sure Vendor's are as upset as we are when they hear about bad coils, stick with it and follow the tips above and you should be ok. When I first started Vapeing I figured it like paying for an education , in the end the good days will out weigh the bad, your new to this and Learning.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my old crown tanks I have never had one leak, sorry your having problems with your coils I ran through a Bad batch one time so I understand your frustration And MyVaperstore is a great place to shop but they do not make the coils and I'm sure Vendor's are as upset as we are when they hear about bad coils, stick with it and follow the tips above and you should be ok. When I first started Vapeing I figured it like paying for an education , in the end the good days will out weigh the bad, your new to this and Learning.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Yes I think it was just a bad coil because I put a new one in yesterday and was very patient with priming it and warming it up. It is working great! Worried awesome yesterday and is just as good if not better today! Yes lots of learning curves lol but you are so right, the good days definitely outweigh the bad. Loving this tank now that I have it figured out. It is performing wonderfully and amazing flavor!

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never have issues with the crown or the coils. Overnight preferably leave it half full closing the airholes and lay your mod in its side, gravity wont be so hard on the juice making it less likely to flood. Mine never floods. Also make sure all the threads are tight. Any air encourages flooding

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This happened to someone else on here , I have been lucky on the coils I guess. The bad news is these defective coils are floating around like hit or mis . When they make these coils do they have batch
Numbers ??

Sent From Rain Forest

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what cartomizers , Brand Name Cartos I might add use to do , the word got around real quick and then when they stocked again they would be perfect. QC was lacking. In this day and age and technology these Tanks should be working and leak free , it is also expensive these Tanks are not cheap.... Is that asking to much from these companies ?

Sent From Rain Forest

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly i havent had issues. I think with any tank you should be sure that all threaded parts are tight. Airways are closed when filling or not in use, and leave a tank on its side overnight. I rebuild a stock coil 3-5 times and no leaks. If a random guy on vaping underground rebuilds them. Then them hardworking chinese kids who master building the same coil at least 200 times a day are doing a perfecto job.

but dont listen to me, im a new member on vaping underground

VU Sponsors