Become a Patron!

Crown II Version 4 .25 Ohm Coils

Crown II Version 4 .25 Ohm Coil review

I received a pack of .25 coils from Uwell for the purpose of testing and reviewing them while they were still in beta testing. They were provided to me free of charge.

I Pre-soaked coils in E liquid for approximately 24 hours per UWell’s instructions.
I broke in the coils by using them and they are why did you range between 60 W and 100 W increasing The wattage in 5 W increments. Cottony taste remained. I increase the wattage at 5 W increments until I reached 135 W. Surprisingly, the coil did not dry hit but the cottony taste remained but not as bad. I tried soaking the coils in demineralized water to see if that would remove the taste, but it did not fix the problem. After vaping about 2 ½ tanks of E liquid, the cottony taste finally disappeared and my E liquid finally started tasting as it should.

From version one to the version three coils, there was issues with the leaking. This issue is definitely almost fixed. I have not had anything spontaneous leaking with the .25 coils yet. The coils, have however, leaked when the fill cap is off too long. I noticed this one day when I did not screw the fill cap on tight enough and left my mind and tank on the counter and came back and found all the E liquid had leaked out of my tank and onto the counter. This is the only time that the leaking occurred.

The flavor I am getting from the .25 Coils is on par with that of the original crown coils which I thought was excellent. The benefit of the Crown II coils comes in with the new design of the airflow which is far superior. The airflow is very smooth and quiet compared to the original crown and much less turbulent. It is directed over the coils much better. These coils do great with stronger flavors but any subtle notes in the flavor are muted. If they would reduce the diameter of the coil, it would direct more the air over the coils. This change could potentially help the coil pick up more of the subtle flavors and E liquids by putting the coil or directly into the airflow.

I have vaped about six different flavors of E liquids through the coil. The VG PG Mix has ranged between 60/40 to 85/15. The .25 coil has done beautifully with all of these mixes! I have had no dry hitting or leaking while vaping. It has switched between the flavors without any problems. When switching between flavors it only takes about 6 to 7 draws before you are getting the pure taste of your new flavor. This is a definite improvement over the previous version of coils. The flavor would linger in the previous versions for a long time. In many cases, it would never leave.

The life of the coils have definitely been improved. The original coils and all the way up to version three, only thing to last about five tanks worth of E liquid. I was able to get 12 refills with the version 4 coils. The leaking issue that I previously mentioned does not develop until the coil has been used for about three or four tanks and only when the fill cap is off. Even though you do not get dry hits, with each successive fill, after about 6 or 7 tanks, it seems that the vape does become dryer. I also noticed that when I open the cap that a rush of bubbles occurs. Air exchange should be occurring through the wicking material. This indicates to me that the coil is not able to wick as efficiently as it should. The most likely is due to the amount of wicking material that they are using. I remove the coil to do a visual inspection and noticed that the wicking material had shrunk away from the Juiceholes slightly. If the cotton is tightening up against itself then it is not going to wick as efficiently.

Just a few quick last-minute mentions I would like to make. These coils use a lot of E liquid. Compared to the original crown coils, you can expect to use about 2 times more E liquid in a day. They are using the different metal for the coil’s shell. The wattage ranges are higher so you will not get as much life out of your batteries.

In conclusion, I do want to mention that the Crown II tank is a beautiful, well-crafted tank. The version 4 Crown II .25 coils are vastly improved over their predecessors but still need work. The flavor is much improved over the previous versions even though the break in period for the Coils is a little excessive. The coils should be broken-in and producing good flavor after you run them through their wattage range. The coils should not start leaking if the fill cap Is left off Nor should the cotton shrink. The coils wicking issue definitely needs to be resolved, it would not prevent me from buying the coils, as it is not causing dry hits, it just over the course of the life of the coils causing the hits to be dryer. This likely could be resolved by using a thinner cotton barrier so there is a better air exchange between the tank the coil. Getting 13 tanks out of any coil is excellent! My hats off to Uwell for that. Despite their imperfections, I am enjoying the flavor I am getting out of the new coils and I am getting relatively problem free use out of them as long as I don’t leave my fill cap off. I hope this review has been helpful.

VU Sponsors