Become a Patron!

Crown III RBA

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello! Got a crown 3 last night and honestly, I'm not super impressed. I feel like I could've just stayed with my original cleito.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Unwell will come out with the RBA deck for the crown 3?

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also only use the cleito but have been looking at the crown. Can I ask why your not impressed? Thanks

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it last night, so maybe it just needs to be more broken in, but it gets VERY hot. I can chain vape on my cleito and have no problem. On the crown 3 I had to set it down to keep from hurting myself. As for flavor, I tried two different juices last night and could taste no difference. None.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uwell is normally above average as far as fit and finish of the actual tank but hit or miss with the coils. In my experience it was mostly miss. I haven't heard anything about an RBA; maybe you should consider getting an RTA or some kind of dedicated rebuildable. You'll eventually find that all factory coils eventually let you down so might as well quit while you're ahead.

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uwell is normally above average as far as fit and finish of the actual tank but hit or miss with the coils. In my experience it was mostly miss. I haven't heard anything about an RBA; maybe you should consider getting an RTA or some kind of dedicated rebuildable. You'll eventually find that all factory coils eventually let you down so might as well quit while you're ahead.

with that being said, is there one that already has coils and cotton that comes with it, this way i can just practice my building with everything provided already?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with that being said, is there one that already has coils and cotton that comes with it, this way i can just practice my building with everything provided already?
A lot of new RDA's come with a pair of coils, not sure about cotton.

Maybe someone can chime in with recommendations.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Crown 3 has no RBA yet>
My Crown 3 can get hot too- Maybe try a different drip tip on it, that may help-

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have a really cheap RDA the Twisted Messes- I think it is a clone but works great- I bought it as so I can drip and try juices before dedicating a tank!
I think I got this on sale for under $15.00 but that site is sold out of them- but think by shopping you can find it cheap!
I do not like RDA's constantly dripping- but good for at home and juice tasting! Sorry for the blurry picture- comes with 3 color rings- black,silver and blue!
20170407_150456(1).jpg

You could also look at The Oumier Wasp Nano RDA or Demon Killer's Tiny RDA.
Authentics of either one can be had for less than $20.00 and a Coilology SS316L Pre-coiled Performance Coiling Kits from hitthatjuice.com for under $15.00. The kit has 42 individual coils, 7 different types with 6 coils of each.
I normally use RTA's as my daily attys, but I keep one Geekvape tsunami rda built and ready-to-wick for new juice trials.
If you're dead-set on sub ohm/rba combo you could also consider the HorizonTech Duos Sub sub ohm tank. It uses HorizonTech Duos-specific sub ohm coils, Smok TFV8 sub ohm coils and also TFV8 RBA sections, TFV8 RBA and TFV8 RBA-16.
The RBA-16 utilizes a goon-style clamping deck.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I use my crown 3 all day and I never have a problem with it getting too hot. The only tank I ever had that problem with was the Smok TFV12

VU Sponsors