Crown III

Discussion in 'All Tanks / Factory Coils' started by ruizb59, Oct 25, 2017.

1. ruizb59

ruizb59 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Any one have thoughts on the Crown III? Been thinking about getting it. Looking for actual cons. I see nothing on the bad. And how is it on cloud production? I have the smok beast king now and want more vapor.

2. NoProblem

NoProblem New Member

Blog Posts:
    I haven't any cons that I can think of at the moment, but as an avid vapor, I can give you my 2 cents.

I've been using the SMOK TFV8-X with the top air flow for about 1 month now and it most certainly is a really excellent tank that pulls really nice, but in my opinion, Crown 3 beats it all around. I just received my Crown 3 in the mail and had to compare it to my TFV8-X immediately, here's the results........

Closing the air flow just over 1/4 on the Crown 3, (leaving air flow slots less than 3/4 open), equals getting about the same air flow as my Smok TFV8-X with the air flow wide open - and wide open slots on the C3 is really, really smooth, clean and quick! So better air flow on the C3 than the X-8.

I have the same juice in both (fresh) tanks right now and the flavor in the Crown 3 is not drastically superior, but it is definitely noticeably superior. I don't notice any difference in cloud production, they both fog the place up like crazy which cracks me up sometimes (I'm easily amused).

Right now, I have only tried the .25 ohm coil that came already installed in the C3 and I'm vaping it at 98 watts. In the 8-X, I use the .5 ohm, Q-2 coil and vape that at about 63 watts. When you find your sweet spot, both work extremely well.

The C3 is a whole lot easier to fill with Ejuice than the TFV8-X, that's for sure. As a DIYer who can plow through 30mls a day, most of l my juices are in 8 or 16 ounce bottles with a tip too big for the X-8, but works just fine with the C3. No more juice spitting out while filling, even though the tanks not even 1/4 full yet like the X-8. Gotta like that!

I've only had the C3 tank a couple of hours, but out of the box, in my opinion, it handily beats the X-8. They did a great job on this tank!

Just Frank likes this.
  3. ruizb59

ruizb59 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank that helps. Did answer my questions but looking for more from people with long term use. And I have a v12 that leaks a lot. For some reason.

4. pescadore

pescadore Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I had the Crown III and I ended up trading it because I don't vape at high wattage. I really liked how long the coils seemed to last but I use RTA's or tanks with RBA's almost exclusively so I gave it up. I also did not like how hot the tank got but I know that vaping at high wattage that it can be expected. I think that overall it's a good tank for what it does.

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  5. ruizb59

ruizb59 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks I got used to higher wattage but don't mind going lower. And how is the nicotine delivery?

6. pescadore

pescadore Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm not the best one to ask about that. I vape 1mg or less

7. ruizb59

ruizb59 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks though man

8. NoProblem

NoProblem New Member

Blog Posts:
    The way this tank is constructed, it'd be quite the feat if it somehow manged to leak.

I've gone through 3 tank fulls so far and it looks like the X-8 does have slightly better cloud production.

I still like my X-8 and don't plan on shelving it any time soon, but heck, getting the C3 was well worth it for $18.99 + $5.40 shipping from EightVape.com

9. Just Frank

Just Frank Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have both as well. The Crown 3 is far superior IMO. Its a great tank that gives really good flavor. The coils last a long time. The only con is it gets really hot if you chain vape it.

Side note: I was totally unimpressed with the Smok-Baby-Beast-X-Brother (stupid name). Its been benched indefinitely. For a FAR superior top-flow tank I use the Cleito Exo with regular Cleito .4 SS coils. It has a better draw, and better flavor.

10. Badfrog

Badfrog Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got the crown III and just didn't like it. I thought the flavor was so so. I got tired of spit back on the first hit or two every morning (happens when it sits idle for a while). I put mine away. My wife kept using her's but the 2nd and 3rd coils leaked quite a bit. Pretty disappointing.

If you want some good clouds, check out the eleaf melo 300. Its not a flavor machine but it gets better if you close down the airflow a bit and the fill system is slick. I liked running it at 120ish watts. So far, zero leaks and no spit back. I have no comparison to the Smok tanks.

11. NoProblem

NoProblem New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok, 14 days (4180 puffs on the counter) on the Crown 3 using only the .25 ohm coil, vaping almost exclusively between 90 -100 watts and this thing is awesome.

About once or twice a day I bump it up to 130 watts for a while, maybe 10 - 15 puffs or so for a nice flavor boost, using juices ranging from 70 vg /30 pg to max VG that I mix myself at 3mgs nicotine. Mostly I vape sweet strawberry mixes, but also plenty of custards and probably about 6 or 8 tanks of nice, smooth, max VG caramel cappuccino - and this tank just keeps shining. I have not noticed any loss of flavor or vapor - and so far I've had zero, I mean zero leakage, I did have slight gurgle and popping once a few days ago, but that's it. At this rate, I can see this first coil lasting a month or so - I want to try the .50 ohm in it but the one in it just won't die ha ha.

Yep, I'm with Just Frank - this tank is way better than my SMOK, which will remain on the bench.

12. xoloduck

xoloduck New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just got this tank and my cool is already tasting a little burnt... i use nude ejuice which is 70/30 and i hit it a lot. But its barely been 2 days. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

13. NoProblem

NoProblem New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ya, who knows if it's a bad coil or something, that happens, at least it has with the three different tanks I've had. Pop it out and see if it's black in the coil, maybe stick a q-tip in there see if it comes out black, that's what I do - if it's black, I just toss it and replace with a new one.

I finally changed my original coil, now I'm on the .5 ohm and don't really notice any difference.

14. xoloduck

xoloduck New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ya i understand. But this has been my issue for the last few months with different tanks too. (Isubv and cubis pro) coils only lasting a few days at the most.

15. NoProblem

NoProblem New Member

Blog Posts:
    I found coils I get online don't usually last as long as the ones that come with the tank, but it's odd that it's your original coil is already bad.

I don't know what to say other than try the next coil. I've seen on youtube that there is no need to prime the C3 coil, or wait 20 min or so after filling before you start vaping, but I still prime and wait, also I start out at 40 watts for a few puffs, then work my up 10 watts at a time till I get where I want it - always seems to break them in nicely for me - maybe try that?

16. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I agree with everything you said about the Crown lll- this tank gets very hot! Too hot for me to enjoy and I vaped this tank under 50w!
    I didn't sell mine or trade, but cleaned it up and put away for rainy day! I used both coils and the results were the same! Really not a fan of this tank!

pescadore likes this.
  17. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Maybe not priming correctly , try some down into the center cotton of the coil and on the outside cotton holes and let stand for at least 15 minutes and turn your wattage down to about 15w- 20w and work your way up slowly to break in the coil and not burn the cotton. Coils last for weeks for me, but I also run this tank under 50w.

18. PaulS

PaulS Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I rarely use sub ohm tanks. I primarily squonk or use high end RTAs. The only sub ohm that made the cut in my house was the Crown 111 mini. I did have to put the bubble tank on though for more juice. Thing is Crown coils just last way longer than the other manufacturers. Taste is okay - I am generally a MTL vaper or RDA vaper. I find all the sub ohm tanks a bit too airy. And even with the airflow closed 1/2 way I need 66-74 watts to get any kind of a decent vape. But whanI'n too lazy to build it suits me just fine.