897c56cb386beb02151b96a8327ee29a.jpg

90d2b55dae01f977b6700068a078b4c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quartz glass, top and bottom fill tank, stainless steel high quality build and beats the super tank in taste and vapor production.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to agree, I have 2 of them and they share time with my Silo Beast

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like it with nickel coils but stock coils are too hot a vape for me.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My only problem I am having right now is the top won't unscrew. One of my 2 the bottom won't unscrew. Did any of you have this problem and know how to fix it?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am thinking liquid got in between and somehow is acting like a glue.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you might want to try soaking in warm water to help break the seal. Totally dismantle and give a good cleaning

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it fixed and all cleaned out. IMO I love the super tanks I bought 6 of them, 2 blue, 2 black and 2 silver. I bought 2 crown and comparing the taste and vapor production Crown easily has a sharper and more fluid taste compared to the super tank. Crown is also built better and not a pain to get to the coil like the super tanks are. Crown has quartz glass and stainless steal top quality vs aluminum and purex glass. Of course the super tanks do look better however we really don't buy tanks for looks. We buy them quality, taste/flavor and vape production. Crown beats the super tank in those areas however the coils from both are the best I have seen from a vape.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to agree, I like the taste of the Crown even at high voltage. The quality of the Crown impressed me with the food grade stainless steel and the glass

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm curious, how does it compare to Aspires Atlantis series?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get better taste, 4ml capacity, Top fill. I have taken the wattage up to 100 watts without a burnt taste. Smooth adjustable airflow so I like it a lot better that the Atlantis series even with the new Atlantis coils

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Atlantis took a major step back. There are literally 5 tanks that kill the Atlantis in every way. Crown, super tank, herackles, artic, few others I didn't get to try yet.

Atlantis coils are crap compared to super tanks, crown, and herackles.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There really is no taste to the new Atlantis coils at .3 ohms. They added Japanese cotton but I got more taste from their old coils in the original Atlantis tank. They really took a step back and it is sad since I they are like Sony back in the 1990s they got so big so fast their egos only care about the money. Their innovation and quality is not keeping up with the competition.

parmacrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried so many tanks I've completely lost track. Until the Crown my favorite was the Zephyrus. Prior to that the Kanger Sub tank. I like to be able to build my own coils so I tend to gravitate to tanks that offer an RTA deck. When I got my Crowns I also got the RTA section for them. I am totally in love with the massive clouds I can get with the Ni200 coils in temp control. The .25 stock stainless coils are the best for non-temp. After having several days to test these out I have to say the Crown tanks beat everything I've tried for both flavor and vapor.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried so many tanks I've completely lost track. Until the Crown my favorite was the Zephyrus. Prior to that the Kanger Sub tank. I like to be able to build my own coils so I tend to gravitate to tanks that offer an RTA deck. When I got my Crowns I also got the RTA section for them. I am totally in love with the massive clouds I can get with the Ni200 coils in temp control. The .25 stock stainless coils are the best for non-temp. After having several days to test these out I have to say the Crown tanks beat everything I've tried for both flavor and vapor.
I am still loving mine haven't really looked at tanks since I received mine, Picked up another one. The coils seem to last a while also

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure have heard alot of people say it is unbeatable. Just ordered one myself. How is the airflow on this atty ? Is it as open as the starre tank ?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Figured a refresh was in order. Maybe we can keep everything in one thread....

I absolutely love mine. Through my Kanger away. No where near the same league. The nickle coil in TC is great. The SS coils are best. But that comes with more power. Awesome flavor and vapor.

I was forgetting to close air valve when filling. It did put some juice in the bottom. Nothing bad though. Didn't leak out, and easy to clean. The coil can flood when filling. Only noticed it on higher PG stuff. Not a problem with 70 VG. Just trying to burn up some stuff I have.

Zero leaks. Very easy to keep clean. Easy to take apart. Love top fill. I can do whatever I want with air. My D2 is plenty to drive it. I ordered another one and some coils. I got a RBA for a great price, but probably won't use it. Only if I want to make some Ti coils. Rediscovering all my favorite flavors. I can't imagine what it would take to blow the Crown away. Just get one and call it good.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The .25 gave all I wanted at 75w. 50-60 was fine for me. Same with .5 coil. I'm not into hot vape. But only because "hot" to me means burning, spitting, cracking. Actually got comfortable with 75w. Nice warm tasty vape. The nickle coil is good for me at 45 joules and 400F. Cooler still than the steel coils.

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My experience lately has been different. Ever since I got a parallel box, I've put my crown down. It doesn't crank out enough watts for me. And the nickle coils at 50j on my ipv4 is just a bit weak for me. I've been digging my maganus for the past month on my mech box, so much I went out and bought a Starre. I'm still not ready to get rid of the crown. It will b in my collection for ever

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I got a early surprise today. My stuff got here. Figured Wednesday.

Black tank
2 boxes of nickle coils
1 box of .5 ohm dual coils
1 RBA kit

All for $50 to my door. (2 different stores) Thanks to VU for posting up smokin deals and being quick on the mouse.

The RBA is actually pretty cool. Bad experience with Kanger RBA... But the juice holes are big. Big enough for my use. I really like the premades. I might have to get some Ti wire now and see what the difference is.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got done cleaning mine, just the tank kit though, no RBA or spares.
Nice that it came with one each of the sub heads. Didn't know for sure actually.

The 120w capable 0.25 looks a little scary to be honest... I think I'll play with the 0.5 for starters.
I have the .25 installed and its hitting really good at 55w...but will bump it after a bit...pretty good flavor so far...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
55 on that dual vert? Pussy.

Been breaking it in at 55w...vaped a 1/4 tank and bumped to 65w..vaped another 1/4 tank and bumped it up to 75w..flavor was going away and it was a hot vape....bumped back down to 65w and that seems to be my sweetspot...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds about right, even low. Just at 50, taking it slow.

These 0.5 dual verts are good for 60-70 just on their own. The wicking and cannon bore airflow add at least 10 more.
Getting a little spit back now. Might be break-in, or it could be not enough power for efficient vaporization.
I noticed the juice inlets are rather small..that said my hot vape at 75w could be due to slow wicking ...can't keep up with the higher wattage..could explain why the flavor fell away too..don't know for sure as I've only had this tank for a few hours....but I do like it so far

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK, so I have been praising the Crown loudly. I've been putting my old sub tank mini down as trash. I still love my Crown, but a little context is needed. I have been playing with coils and TC and power comparing them. I have tried to get them close to an even playing field, and it dawned on me I didn't do the same for the sub tank mini.

The mini was on a Cloupor mini and I could never get anything over 20w without a burnt hit. I don't need my D2 at 75w, and keep the crown around 50-60w. The flavor is simply amazing compared to the mini.

Well I turned the D2 down to 30w with a .5 coil and ya, not so impressive. The Crown almost doesn't want to get out of bed for 30w. With all the air it is pretty thin, cool vape. Still a great tank, but it was definitely not made for low power.

If you do like low power, it's still a good tank. You can dial the air back well. Nice cool vape. You will never burn a wick.... But it really shines when you give it what it can handle. Which is a bit of a bummer for me... My intent has never been to blow clouds and see how much juice I can go through in a day. But this tank is just so darn good. I've doubled my consumption, and I haven't dropped nic. That's kinda bad. And besides the obvious nic habit, I won't be quitting anytime soon. It's made vaping so enjoyable, I can't see that happening.

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
I have two Crowns. Silver running the .25 SS coil @ 60W and a black one running the Ni200 @ 47J/450F. The nickel coil is really good compared to other nickel coils but that SS coil is amazing!

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have two Crowns. Silver running the .25 SS coil @ 60W and a black one running the Ni200 @ 47J/450F. The nickel coil is really good compared to other nickel coils but that SS coil is amazing!
What mod? Does it make a difference? When I had the .25 coils in my crown on my ipv3, 100w seemed weak. I found myself closing off the air flow to get solid vapor. Same went for the nickle coil on my ipv4 @ 50j. Even maxed out to 572 deg. Does the mod make difference?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It shouldn't make a difference, unless there's something wrong with the connection. These coils take a lot of watts to shine though. I'm currently running the Ni coil at 60w and 550F and the SS 0.25 coil at 70 watts (I think you can take it up to 100 watts safely). I wonder if yours wasn't primed properly or if it was just a bad coil? I know Vaping Devil had a few bad Ni coils that didn't perform properly.

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think it was bad, hit like a champ at 125w just way too hot for me. I really like the .5 coils. At 70ish watts it was great. I would even run the .5 at 100w whenever I could handle the heat.

As for the nickle coils, they have been consistent with each other. 3 out of a 4 pack.

No big deal, just gotta order me more of them .5's

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like Amanda stated these coils do take alot of watts..but that said the .25 ss coil absolutely rocks for me at 75w (I broke them in at 60-62w when I first used these coils.... 75w was too hot).... BTW the way I have two Crowns and vape them in rotation on my two IPV4's..no issues at all with the IPV4's...a great vape! Lol
2cdb0b89928a66dbe13e71c6b71bda87.jpg

Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What mod? Does it make a difference? When I had the .25 coils in my crown on my ipv3, 100w seemed weak. I found myself closing off the air flow to get solid vapor. Same went for the nickle coil on my ipv4 @ 50j. Even maxed out to 572 deg. Does the mod make difference?

You may also want to make sure your 510 connections are clean. I use a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. It never hurts to clean.

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I clean them regularly. Every couple days tops. Being in my pocket all day, doing what I do for a living, shit gets dirty fast.

I'll get me some coils from another source. Any online recommendations?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my coils from Code3 vapor when they were on sale. Price still isn't bad, and shipping is free!

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
Mostly either my IPV3Li or my M Class. Both are almost the same as the way they vape.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems almost counter-intuitive but I much prefer the .5 ohm coil at 40-50m watts on my sigeleis - I have both the 75 and the 150. I did use the the .25 and the the nickel coils. Both were very nice. But I get great taste and much better battery life vaping at 45-50 watts on my devices with the airflow at half open. I know that I can take them higher but I just do not need to. The super tank mini might indeed look better and it does produce a lot of vapor but it is way more finicky to disassemble and maintain and does not have as good a flavor - for me. These are all subjective impressions of course. Vape the nickel or the .25 if you prefer them. If I want to go high wattage I will use my RDAs which I have a lot of. The point of a tank for me is not to have to build and mess about. This tank checks all the boxes.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems almost counter-intuitive but I much prefer the .5 ohm coil at 40-50m watts on my sigeleis - I have both the 75 and the 150. I did use the the .25 and the the nickel coils. Both were very nice. But I get great taste and much better battery life vaping at 45-50 watts on my devices with the airflow at half open. I know that I can take them higher but I just do not need to. The super tank mini might indeed look better and it does produce a lot of vapor but it is way more finicky to disassemble and maintain and does not have as good a flavor - for me. These are all subjective impressions of course. Vape the nickel or the .25 if you prefer them. If I want to go high wattage I will use my RDAs which I have a lot of. The point of a tank for me is not to have to build and mess about. This tank checks all the boxes.
You're right, it is a personal preference when it comes to what one wants from his vape..I too have alot of RDA's, two 150w IPV3's and two 100w IPV4's set up with two Crown tanks (.25) and a couple RDA's when I'm in the mood to fog up my room...Also I have the power packed IPVD2/Maganus with the .5 coil I like to take with me when I'm driving, or out and about..
I guess what I'm trying to say is I like'um all, lol.. But this Crown simply is the best subtank I've owned to date..great flavor at 70w or so and clouds just short of dripping works for me, especially from a tank...just sayin..

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ha! I also prefer the .5Ω coils but I generally vape them at 25-30 watts. I'm sensitive to strong or overly sweet flavors and often dilute strong juices to get a less intense vape. The Crown with .5Ω coils above 30 watts gives me more flavor than I need. I guess there's all kinds of vapers. :D
The RBA head with a .9Ω Clapton is my favorite Crown vape so far but the RBA head is a bit tricky to wick and can definitely leak so I got a pack of the .5Ω heads until I can reliably get the RBA worked out. It isn't nearly as easy to properly wick as a Lemo, Kanger Subtank or (the easiest) an eGo One Mega.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! I also prefer the .5Ω coils but I generally vape them at 25-30 watts. I'm sensitive to strong or overly sweet flavors and often dilute strong juices to get a less intense vape. The Crown with .5Ω coils above 30 watts gives me more flavor than I need. I guess there's all kinds of vapers. :D
The RBA head with a .9Ω Clapton is my favorite Crown vape so far but the RBA head is a bit tricky to wick and can definitely leak so I got a pack of the .5Ω heads until I can reliably get the RBA worked out. It isn't nearly as easy to properly wick as a Lemo, Kanger Subtank or (the easiest) an eGo One Mega.
Indeed there are all kinds vapers out here...main thing is staying tobacco free, least it's been that way since I started vaping three years ago..I was addicted to nicotine but lately it seems I'm addicted to clouds, lol

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So its my 1st time using my Crown tank, and I have a slight problem...

I filled the tank from the top and screwed the top back on. Went back screwed on my Smok X Cube 2 and turned it up to 65W. Noticed though that I have some slight gurgling going on and my coil might be a little flooded.

Did I do something wrong here or is this common due to fact the Crown doesn't have one of those on/of things newer top fills have to equalize pressure when putting the top back on.

ANY help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellow vapers!!!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to make sure that the airflow is off before you start filling the tank. When you fill it, leave a small pocket of air at the top. Once you have the top screwed on about half way, flip the tank over to finish screwing it on. Until I started filling my Crown this way I also occasionally had a bit of flooding. Hope this helps.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So its my 1st time using my Crown tank, and I have a slight problem...

I filled the tank from the top and screwed the top back on. Went back screwed on my Smok X Cube 2 and turned it up to 65W. Noticed though that I have some slight gurgling going on and my coil might be a little flooded.

Did I do something wrong here or is this common due to fact the Crown doesn't have one of those on/of things newer top fills have to equalize pressure when putting the top back on.

ANY help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellow vapers!!!
That happened to me the first time I filled the tank..apparently I over filled it and screwing on the top forced juice into the coil..big time gurgling, lol
So I took the tank off the mod and with the drip tip pointed down I shook out the excess drops of juice..did a couple dry pulls to ensure no more gurgle..screwed it back on the mod and it vapes great at 70w or so...now when I refill I make sure I don't over fill it...

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, I only ever fill about 2/3 - 3/4 way full in tanks. To try and avoid that plus I like switching flavors a lot. When you say airflow Algae, you just mean the airflow control on the bottom correct...?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've noticed it, but it also isn't that big of a deal. If I forget the air valve, it will flood a little more than not. I fill it all the way to the top of the brace. To it, not over it. If I think about it, iIwill give a little blow before I open valve. Not much of a problem.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I only ever fill about 2/3 - 3/4 way full in tanks. To try and avoid that plus I like switching flavors a lot. When you say airflow Algae, you just mean the airflow control on the bottom correct...?

Exactly. You always want to close off the airflow ring at the bottom of the tank before you open the top of the Crown to fill it. Closing that ring is the first thing you do and opening it back up is the final thing. Please let us know if it works for you the next time you go to fill your tank. :)

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You guys prefer crown u well vs the smok tvf4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Smok TVF4 is a great tank. However, I believe the taste better on the Crown Uwell. The TFV4 has a lot of coils available - that is its strength. In the end though to get the best flavor you need to vape it rather high. I get fantastic flavor from my Uwell with both the .5 and the .25 coil. I can vape anywhere between 45-100 watts depending on the coil I choose.

Now both tanks are juice hungry. That is just how it is. I drop a lot with atties so I'm used to juice hungry devices - if I want just flavor and want to use less juice I could vape at 15w with a Kayfun. It works just fine. So it boils down to preferences and choices we make. I own four regulated mods, five mechanical mods, four RDAs, three RBAs, 16 batteries, etc., etc. Obviously I don't need that much gear.

So is the Crown Uwell good enough to be my only tank? Yes, indeed. It is an excellent choice. Are there other good tanks and atomizers out there? Of course there is. But the Crown, IMHO, is not 'half a step behind' anything. I know guys vaping it at 120 watts and I vape it at work at 45 watts. I, plan on getting a second Uwell for my Sigelei 150w because I like it that much and occasionally want to vape at 100+ watts.

A;lso of note is that the Crown is very cheap for what it offers. You can pick them up now at a lot of online stores and the coils are now much easier to find. It is becoming the tank of choice in these parts ( Toronto, Ontario). It seems all the B+Ms are getting them in. It appears I'm not just one of its few fans.

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly. You always want to close off the airflow ring at the bottom of the tank before you open the top of the Crown to fill it. Closing that ring is the first thing you do and opening it back up is the final thing. Please let us know if it works for you the next time you go to fill your tank. :)

Definitely will let you guys know. Prolly will be today. I can't wait for the TFV4 mini in Black. Want to get full kit this time so I don't need to pay an extra like $15-20 for RBA, extra coil and accesories that come with kit.

VU Sponsors