Become a Patron!

Crown tank coils burning after 2 days

miks1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi all, im currently using a uwell crowntank on an ijoy solo mini mod. my current setup is the .25 stainless steel coil and a 80VG/20PG juice which namely is cinema by clouds of icarus. the current wattage is set at 40 watts however i noticed that i am not tasting the full flavour of the e juice and after just 2 tanks the coil seems to be burnt and the flavour is all but gone, any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This. And I only get about 4-5 days out of the coils.
How you break in the Crown coil will determine the life you get out of it. Well primed and slow and low. I get no less than 3 weeks out of them.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi all, im currently using a uwell crowntank on an ijoy solo mini mod. my current setup is the .25 stainless steel coil and a 80VG/20PG juice which namely is cinema by clouds of icarus. the current wattage is set at 40 watts however i noticed that i am not tasting the full flavour of the e juice and after just 2 tanks the coil seems to be burnt and the flavour is all but gone, any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Turn up to 60+ watts, 40 watts is pretty meh with the .25Ω coils. I mostly use the .5Ω and use those at 50+ watts.

I can't help with the burning problem, I hear folks say this a lot but it's never been my experience. I just prime and go, no half-hour ritual or special procedure, and the coils last forever.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turn up to 60+ watts, 40 watts is pretty meh with the .25Ω coils. I mostly use the .5Ω and use those at 50+ watts.

I can't help with the burning problem, I hear folks say this a lot but it's never been my experience. I just prime and go, no half-hour ritual or special procedure, and the coils last forever.

Yup, that is exactly my experience with the Crown as well. Things a farkin dream! :) Not QUITE the vapor production of the Boreas, but the flavor is as good as anything I've EVER tried. And those OCC's, they're just energizer bunnies for me...

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They can be buggers to prime, but it's worth it. The cotton is just so tight on their coils, I take my time. I also find that gently poking a little hole (like with the tip of a safety pin) in the cotton in the juice holes helps the thick, 80/20 juice I use to wick properly. No dry hits.

VU Sponsors