Become a Patron!

Crown tank coils life time

miks1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there, ive been using the .25 SS coils on my crown tank, on a 80/20 juice at round about 67 watts. ive been using the coil for about 5 days and it seems as if the coil is starting to near it end ( slight burnt taste and darkend cotton). i would like to know how long more or less are they suppose to last and or how i can increase their life expectancy ( provided it was correctly broken in and primed)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
80/20 odds too thick for the premade coils. 80/20 odds designed for rda's

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
80VG is fine in the Crown coils - many subohm tanks these days do fine with high VG. I generally get about 30mls out of a coil, but I do run them constantly (that 30ml is in one day) so they do get very hot).

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I even have 90VG in my Crown tanks. Some of my coils last 4-5 weeks, some just 1-2 weeks, depending on what liquid I'm vaping. However, I also vape in TC, which might lengthen the coils life.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run both the .25Ω and the .5Ω SS coils in TC with the same settings for both, and can attest that the .5Ω last about 2 weeks longer than the .25Ω. I don't even bother with the Ni200, they just suck no matter what.

I usually get about 4-5 weeks from the .5Ω, get about 2-3 from the .25Ω

I run various liquids from 70VG/30PG to 90+VG, no issues with dry hits or flooding

I run them both in SS TC mode at 550f at 40W

miks1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I even have 90VG in my Crown tanks. Some of my coils last 4-5 weeks, some just 1-2 weeks, depending on what liquid I'm vaping. However, I also vape in TC, which might lengthen the coils life.

what are you setttings when vaping in SS TC mode?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to have much better luck with the .15 Ni200 Crown coils. (500 degs F) The .5 SS are ok in power mode, as are the .25's. Just not in TC mode. IMHO, they are way too inconsistent with flavor and vapor production. (using a 70/30 blend). Don't last more than a week or two either. Just can't seem to find a pleasurable vape with the SS coils.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I seem to have much better luck with the .15 Ni200 Crown coils. (500 degs F) The .5 SS are ok in power mode, as are the .25's. Just not in TC mode. IMHO, they are way too inconsistent with flavor and vapor production. (using a 70/30 blend). Don't last more than a week or two either. Just can't seem to find a pleasurable vape with the SS coils.
I'm using the SS in TC on my VTC Mini, and my two DNA200 mods, all the time. Can't complain.

VU Sponsors