Become a Patron!

CUBIS LEAKING??

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

every time i refill my cubis tank with juice i tend to get juice when i try to hit it again once its filled up. I haven't over filled it, I usually go well below the max fill to be safe.Ive tried it now with 50/50 and 70/30 juices and it still happens

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's not really considered leaking tho, more like flooding.
A few have complained about this, only happens when filling.
I've never had any flooding after filling yet.
It will clear out after a few hits normally, or just fling it to shake the juice out of the coil head.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah I've done that but its every time i re fill .. so is the coil just flooded ?

What I have found that has helped me with the cubis is to make sure the air vent is mostly open for the first couple of hits. Then adjust down to your liking. Works for me...no wet mouth...

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how could it be flooded if i have only refilled the tank? I haven't put more juice into the coil itself

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how could it be flooded if i have only refilled the tank? I haven't put more juice into the coil itself

Has something to do with the normal Vacuum inside the tank being released when removing the top.
Or when you screw the top back on it can pressurize the tank and push juice in through the bottom juice slots.
The top threads on the inside have v-cuts in the threads that are supposed to help with that tho.
Maybe they're getting juice in them so they can't vent properly.

The other trick I forgot is to blow into the drip tip after filling, but NOT upside down.
Supposed to push the extra juice back into the tank.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine does it too.
Its the air pressure pushing juice through the wick a little, with the last tightening turns. The grooves cut into the threads to alleviate this don't work 100%.

EDIT: I type slower than @Heabob

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so should i just blow into the drip tip after I re-fill? I've been doing that but I still get little juice mists every now and then!! its not the end of the world just annoying

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get really bad flooding after every refill on the Cubis, just the way it is I think. I just eat juice until it clears up.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
so should i just blow into the drip tip after I re-fill? I've been doing that but I still get little juice mists every now and then!! its not the end of the world just annoying

Blowing after a refill, or whenever you get gurgles or flooding.
If it floods regularly there might be other problems with the coil, cotton wick too loose, or
missing/bad seals at the top of the coil head.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
BTW I've had more issues with burning and not wicking at first, with only 30%VG.
Hard for me to get the heads primed up good enough when new.

Impatiently waiting for the RBA heads for this to come out...
Edit: 02/28, Ordered 2 from sweet-vapes, now available.

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW I've had more issues with burning and not wicking at first, with only 30%VG.
Hard for me to get the heads primed up good enough when new.

Impatiently waiting for the RBA heads for this to come out...

Hear, hear.
I've haven't had any wicking issues w/80% VG on the 1.5 Clapton coil, but's the only one I've been using since I got it 3 weeks ago. A dry pull once in a while, but a primer pull fixes that.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hear, hear.
I've haven't had any wicking issues w/80% VG on the 1.5 Clapton coil, but's the only one I've been using since I got it 3 weeks ago. A dry pull once in a while, but a primer pull fixes that.

Yea, I've been primer pulling like crazy:D.
Even put like 4 drops into the head before installing.
My 1.5 only lasted 5 days, and the 1 ohm was 3 days.
But I do vape a lot of gunky stuff...

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That probably explains it, and why it took me 4 years to go through 100 cartomizers. I vape straight up Blueberry without any fancy dairy/pastry after flavors.

VU Sponsors