Become a Patron!

Cumulative Shipping Cost Gripes

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am sure nearly everyone has gone through this so I probably shouldn't even be making this thread but I can't help but express some resentment over needless extra shipping costs due to having to buy a mod, atty, batteries, and ejuice from four separate places. Usually, mods and attys can be combined but not in my case and whittling down to three isn't much progress anyway but I guess it is something.

I am not knocking any of the vendors that sell these products since many do an excellent job at what they sell but it sure would be nice to have reputable places to one stop shop including batteries which are probably the cheapest of the four to ship without free shipping but they do help add to the total of a one stop total purchase.

Take my case. Since I am eventually buying a Vapefly Nicolas MTL atty directly from Vapefly sales since it is only sold on one US site and they offered to sell it to me directly, I am obviously going to do it that way but it will cost me $7 even though I am getting it at the lowest price and a promise that I don't need to ship it back if I make a defective product claim. Can't beat the offer but still, it is a separate shipping cost none the less that I could have got free shipping for if only I had a quad mod and bought two quarters to marry.

Ecig.com has the Smoant Battlestar for the wonderfully low price of $32.45 after coupon code. So wonderfully low that it fails to qualify for the $50 minimum needed for free shipping if only I could buy my atty with it. Batteries or juice for that matter.

As far as juices, that one is the one I can least complain about since I am looking for the most precise full flavored cigarette emulator on the market hence the least likelihood it would also be available with other vaping gear.

It isn't so much the cost as it is the principle of having to pay shipping four times over at about $20 - $30 in shipping costs that could have been for free. These batteries weren't made for the consumer market so paying extra is a must. Thank you LG, Samsung, and Sony for that. NETs and especially WTAs are hard to make so a limited market has to be expected. The mod and atty makers abandoning smokers is something many here complain about so when a new company like Vapefly does the right thing, of course I'll pay extra but another shipping cost none the less.

No worries. I'll suck it up and pay the four separate shipping costs. I just had to let out frustration is all. Hopefully, some can understand that need.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^THIS^^...buy two battlestars.
For someone who has never tried anything more than a NJOY Ecig and may not know how vaping will work out, that is a bit premature. If I were to buy multiple mods, they would be different ones.

I guess that is a future solution if I were to ever start a collection. Just not now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For someone who has never tried anything more than a NJOY Ecig and may not know how vaping will work out, that is a bit premature. If I were to buy multiple mods, they would be different ones.

I guess that is a future solution if I were to ever start a collection. Just not now.
Buy one and sell the other if you don't like it. I have two battlestars, they're good CHEAP mods.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you calculate (subtract) the shipping, yur gettin the second mod for 20+ change, hard to beat that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When buying a MOD I always like to get replacement coils for it because you will definitely need them and that adds up so it should be easy enough to get to $50.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With my tank stands at first I built a 3 hole and before the Lacquer dried I needed a 5 hole! So I decided to make a 13 hole and before the finish dried I needed more room!

upload_2017-10-31_14-53-43.png

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When buying a MOD I always like to get replacement coils for it because you will definitely need them and that adds up so it should be easy enough to get to $50.
The replacement coils will be bought with the atty not the mod but hey, it is bundling shipping.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you calculate (subtract) the shipping, yur gettin the second mod for 20+ change, hard to beat that.
Are you interested in buying your third Battlestar from me? He'll, I could buy extra Vapefly Nicolases for you since they are such a pain to get. What about a Mini or Fantasy from Vapefly?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you interested in buying your third Battlestar from me? He'll, I could buy extra Vapefly Nicolases for you since they are such a pain to get. What about a Mini or Fantasy from Vapefly?

Do you already have a battery charger?

You could get a cheap one for Ecig.com so instead of paying the shipping charge, for a few bucks more you get a charger also

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you already have a battery charger?

You could get a cheap one for Ecig.com so instead of paying the shipping charge, for a few bucks more you get a charger also
Great suggestion. Unfortunately, I already have a Nitecore D4 Digicharger due to my husband's flashlights. Otherwise, that would have been perfect.

There is a place in the US (Volcano Ecigs I think) that sells it for $38.99 with free shipping or about what Ecig sells it for plus shipping. It is the principle thing so that doesn't help.

I did contact Ecig via live chat and the rep said he would forward the bulk rate sales sheet from Vapefly I gave him. Not holding my breath but I guess I can hope that they not only do it but have them in stock by Black Friday.

I'd post that sales sheet on this site and encourage others to include it in communication with US vape sites but I am not messing with the Vendor(s)/VU relationship(s) so I am leaving that thread idea alone.

I'll just focus on getting the closest thing to a full flavored cigarette in an ejuice for now to satisfy an intellectual curiosity about making the closest thing to the perfect cigarette emulator before moving onto vaping that is more about my personal desires for now. I'll even be the site lab monkey for this kind of experiment if people are interested in working with me on it.

Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll suck it up and pay the four separate shipping costs. I just had to let out frustration is all. Hopefully, some can understand that need.

I hear ya. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Canada and not only do we pay more for shipping, it also takes a lot longer to get to us :huh:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear ya. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Canada and not only do we pay more for shipping, it also takes a lot longer to get to us :huh:
I guess it is worse for Canadians. I don't know how batterycanada.com or canvape.com is.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it is worse for Canadians. I don't know how batterycanada.com or canvape.com is.

Battery Canada has no bare Li-Ion cells. Canvape had a good deal on HG2s a while back, but it was gone last time I looked, and I wouldn't trust them to sell authentic batts anyway. I've been using Ilumination Supply for the last few years. Last time I bought 6 batts and I think the shipping was around $10 USD and took a calender week which is great.

But we Canucks have to be careful. Some US suppliers will charge $25 to ship a $50 order. And if an order is shipped UPS we can also get hit with duty, sales tax and cartage/import fees which can bring that $25 ship fee up to $50 :cuss2:. You learn to be careful after a while :)

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Battery Canada has no bare Li-Ion cells. Canvape had a good deal on HG2s a while back, but it was gone last time I looked, and I wouldn't trust them to sell authentic batts anyway. I've been using Ilumination Supply for the last few years. Last time I bought 6 batts and I think the shipping was around $10 USD and took a calender week which is great.

But we Canucks have to be careful. Some US suppliers will charge $25 to ship a $50 order. And if an order is shipped UPS we can also get hit with duty, sales tax and cartage/import fees which can bring that $25 ship fee up to $50 :cuss2:. You learn to be careful after a while :)
Post Office Box on the US side of the border for pickup? ;)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post Office Box on the US side of the border for pickup? ;)

Checked out that option a while back ... way too expensive unless you make a lot of purchases. The only way around it is to be careful so it doesn't get out of hand.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Checked out that option a while back ... way too expensive unless you make a lot of purchases. The only way around it is to be careful so it doesn't get out of hand.
Probably not worth it just for vaping gear but maybe if you buy other things as well like flashlights, parts for things and who knows what else. You just have to rent the cheapest box and if it doesn't fit, they will leave a slip in the box you give to the clerk who will retrieve your package. Probably less than $75CAD a year or something like $7CAD a month depending on location. Something to think about.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably not worth it just for vaping gear but maybe if you buy other things as well like flashlights, parts for things and who knows what else. You just have to rent the cheapest box and if it doesn't fit, they will leave a slip in the box you give to the clerk who will retrieve your package. Probably less than $75CAD a year or something like $7CAD a month depending on location. Something to think about.

It's not that simple though Polargirl. I am not close to the US border. Each trip to get a package would cost me say $100. And then I have to deal with crossing the border back into Canada.

There are services that will collect the packages and get them to you, but they are way too expensive for the tiny volume of US purchases I make.

Believe me, I've looked into it and there's just no way this can work for me. But thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it :cheers:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not that simple though Polargirl. I am not close to the US border. Each trip to get a package would cost me say $100. And then I have to deal with crossing the border back into Canada.

There are services that will collect the packages and get them to you, but they are way too expensive for the tiny volume of US purchases I make.

Believe me, I've looked into it and there's just no way this can work for me. But thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it :cheers:

Sorry to hear. Most Canadians are near the US border so I thought I'd suggest. Most of the maritime provinces and Edmonton area are two well known exceptions and many more. Too bad. Hope a new solution develops for you.

VU Sponsors