Become a Patron!

Cure for Nautilus bottom coil atomizers Burnt Taste

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How to prevent a burnt taste with Nautilus bottom coil atomizers:

A burnt taste is mainly due to the eLiquid not wicking properly onto the coils. This is due to a too thick eLiquid (over 30% VG) and/or to a lack of air pressure inside the tank (too much vacuum). Bottom coil tanks are very influenced by the vacuum created in the tank when the eLiquid wicks onto the coils. To help solve the "burnt taste" issue of a bottom coil atomizer, simply blow gently into the mouth piece - you should see a couple of air bubbles coming from the hole of the coil head. This will rebalance the air pressure inside the tank and help the eLiquid wick properly onto the coils. This simple tip has proven to be very effective in helping get a fantastic vape with bottom coil atomizers.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks JColt, I will remember that one....

Joe Corrao

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks JColt, I will remember that one....
This is where adjustable air flow comes in. A tighter draw (smaller holes on the nautilus) will draw in more liquid and less air to the coil. Larger holes will draw in more air and less liquid. Hence dryer wick.Hope I could help.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not true about the over 30% VG being thick. my higher VG juices are much thinner...
As a DIYer, I can tell you that VG is much thicker than PG. Depending on the maker of pre-made juices, the same ratios of pg/vg (70/30, 50/50, etc.) can be thicker or thinner depending on other factors such as flavorings, alcohol, or water. But if 2 identical juices are made, with the only variance being the pg/vg ratio, the higher vg mix will be thicker.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the burnt taste i due to a lack of airflow and wattage setting, one has to play around with both to find ones sweet spot...regards.

How to prevent a burnt taste with Nautilus bottom coil atomizers:

A burnt taste is mainly due to the eLiquid not wicking properly onto the coils. This is due to a too thick eLiquid (over 30% VG) and/or to a lack of air pressure inside the tank (too much vacuum). Bottom coil tanks are very influenced by the vacuum created in the tank when the eLiquid wicks onto the coils. To help solve the "burnt taste" issue of a bottom coil atomizer, simply blow gently into the mouth piece - you should see a couple of air bubbles coming from the hole of the coil head. This will rebalance the air pressure inside the tank and help the eLiquid wick properly onto the coils. This simple tip has proven to be very effective in helping get a fantastic vape with bottom coil atomizers.

Do you know how to stop gurgling and getting eliquid in my mouth for both sizes?
I fill my tanks and will get gurgling and sometimes eliquid in my mouth.
Tanks still work great.
I just have to take off drip tip and
clean. I usually use the largest air hole. Love the tanks but would like to fix it

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you know how to stop gurgling and getting eliquid in my mouth for both sizes?
I fill my tanks and will get gurgling and sometimes eliquid in my mouth.
Tanks still work great.
I just have to take off drip tip and
clean. I usually use the largest air hole. Love the tanks but would like to fix it

My full size nautilus used to do this until I realized I had to tighten the base even further (this is easier on my minis). Once I tightened the hell out of it it stopped gurgling! (Be careful not to break the glass!)

My full size nautilus used to do this until I realized I had to tighten the base even further (this is easier on my minis). Once I tightened the hell out of it it stopped gurgling! (Be careful not to break the glass!)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a shot. Didn't want to tighten so far that glass breaks.
When you do this, is there an end when you cannot screw in anymore?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a shot. Didn't want to tighten so far that glass breaks.
When you do this, is there an end when you cannot screw in anymore?

On my minis it does come to a dead stop. On the big nauti, no - I just tighten until I can't tighten any further. I'd put the big nauti in a back drawer and written it off until I decided to give it one more try!

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine only leak if on sides. I always keep upright. When they do leak I clean the base out real good with tissue.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I routinely run 70pg plus in a Nautilus with no problem. There are 4 incarnations of nautilus coils, the newest being the BVC with 4 large weep holes. If you're still running the old dual coils with two tiny weep holes........... Look for the newer coils.

VU Sponsors