Become a Patron!

Curve Mode

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my minikin v2 and using the curve mode feature. I have been looking for other mods that have curve mode but having a hard time locating or telling if any other mods have this feature yet. I would really like to find a small/mini mod that supports it, I would be fine even if it was only a 60/75 watt device.

What other mods have a curve mode available, or something that may be listed under a different name?

Thanks!

Cheers
:cheers:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I love my minikin v2 and using the curve mode feature. I have been looking for other mods that have curve mode but having a hard time locating or telling if any other mods have this feature yet. I would really like to find a small/mini mod that supports it, I would be fine even if it was only a 60/75 watt device.

What other mods have a curve mode available, or something that may be listed under a different name?

Thanks!

Cheers
:cheers:
ijoy mods and the vapresso tarot pro have similar features.
for ijoy you get 3 seconds of preheat and you can adjust the wattage by .5 second intervals
for the vapresso I'm not 100% sure as i don't have one but i know it has something similar

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
FWIW, it doesn't have curve mode out of the box, but any mod supported by the custom MyEvic or ArcticFox firmwares get curve mode added. I'll have to look at the latest Joyetech and Wismec firmwares to see if they added it to the stock versions too.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
FWIW, it doesn't have curve mode out of the box, but any mod supported by the custom MyEvic or ArcticFox firmwares get curve mode added. I'll have to look at the latest Joyetech and Wismec firmwares to see if they added it to the stock versions too.
i have an rx300 and hedron both on the latest firmware and they don't. it's only a single preheat option where you pick the watts and time limit. both aren't very good mods though So i don't recommend them. formal reviews will be coming soon though. I also have a primo on the way

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
i have an rx300 and hedron both on the latest firmware and they don't. it's only a single preheat option where you pick the watts and time limit. both aren't very good mods though So i don't recommend them. formal reviews will be coming soon though. I also have a primo on the way
I don't know about the Hedron, but you can install either of the custom firmwares on the 300 and voila, curve mode availability. :) Is it any good? I dunno, I don't use curve mode, but it's there to try out.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't know about the Hedron, but you can install either of the custom firmwares on the 300 and voila, curve mode availability. :) Is it any good? I dunno, I don't use curve mode, but it's there to try out.
i'll probably test it after i do my reviews since i want to review with the actual factory firmware. and yeah it'll work with the hedron, it's the same chip as the RX200s and RX2/3

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
asvape Strider 75W, I got one of these a few weeks ago, 75W updateable to 80W and has curve, single 26650 or 18650, love it works very well, and very well made.
Vapor DNA carries it, the link is to VO's site. It has the VO chip.
https://vo.technology/product/strider-black/
strider_black-600x600.jpg

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
i'll probably test it after i do my reviews since i want to review with the actual factory firmware. and yeah it'll work with the hedron, it's the same chip as the RX200s and RX2/3
I completely understand the reviews with stock firmware. It's good to know the Hedron is the same chipset. I haven't seen any of your reviews yet, I'll have to check them out.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I completely understand the reviews with stock firmware. It's good to know the Hedron is the same chipset. I haven't seen any of your reviews yet, I'll have to check them out.
thanks!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
asvape Strider 75W, I got one of these a few weeks ago, 75W updateable to 80W and has curve, single 26650 or 18650, love it works very well, and very well made.
Vapor DNA carries it, the link is to VO's site. It has the VO chip.
https://vo.technology/product/strider-black/
strider_black-600x600.jpg
I have never tried the VO chipset, I may have to break down and give this thing a try one day. It looks pretty nice.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never tried the VO chipset, I may have to break down and give this thing a try one day. It looks pretty nice.
Hey Dev, Busardo has a test on it up on Youtube, no lag at all in Watts mode and TC is accurate, has a slight drop at the far end. I'm getting 1 and a half days on the 26650 at 60-65W on a .2 Notch, I love the thing, well made, cut crystal buttons, the only neg is nowhere in the directions does it tell you when in TC to hold the+ and - to lock baseline ohm. VO is USA made and they have a chip up to 200W without Curve but has automatic TC mode, just mount and set to Auto, good to go, I'm impressed so far, real close to a DNA chip. BMI dropped Yihi in favor of VO.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hey Dev, Busardo has a test on it up on Youtube, no lag at all in Watts mode and TC is accurate, has a slight drop at the far end. I'm getting 1 and a half days on the 26650 at 60-65W on a .2 Notch, I love the thing, well made, cut crystal buttons, the only neg is nowhere in the directions does it tell you when in TC to hold the+ and - to lock baseline ohm. VO is USA made and they have a chip up to 200W without Curve but has automatic TC mode, just mount and set to Auto, good to go, I'm impressed so far, real close to a DNA chip. BMI dropped Yihi in favor of VO.
Hey Vapin, that's great info, but I'm skeptical of automatic anything, let alone TC mode. If it also has a manual TC override I would definitely consider it. I don't know about better than Yihi though, I absolutely LOVE my original M Class, it is FANTASTIC in TC mode, and a lot less trouble to setup than a DNA (also a great chipset when PROPERLY setup).

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Vapin, that's great info, but I'm skeptical of automatic anything, let alone TC mode. If it also has a manual TC override I would definitely consider it. I don't know about better than Yihi though, I absolutely LOVE my original M Class, it is FANTASTIC in TC mode, and a lot less trouble to setup than a DNA (also a great chipset when PROPERLY setup).
It does have manual TC, as far as Yihi I don't know either, just interesting info about BMI, I love their Mods.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Well, I'm intrigued. Do you know if the VO does TCR or TFR so you can use other TC wires?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm intrigued. Do you know if the VO does TCR or TFR so you can use other TC wires?
Mine does not do TCR, but the algorithms seem very accurate, the chip has performed well with Ni and 316.
Here is the link for info on the chip, the manual shown is for the Automatic TC chip, they make two different chips, mine is 80W with the update, the other is available in 75,80,150,200W
http://vochipset.com/downloads/?age-verified=a7830e683b
Check out the Home Page to get a look at some more VO chip mods, awesome!

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Cloud Kicker Society Icon has that VO chipset. It's pretty accurate in TC mode. My only con is you can only set the temperature and not the wattage. TBH though it vapes fantastic, I'm just a control freak that likes to set my own wattage in TC. Definitely one of the better TC chipsets on the market.
8b6609bfd68f6b00604950ce04f2b428.jpg

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My Cloud Kicker Society Icon has that VO chipset. It's pretty accurate in TC mode. My only con is you can only set the temperature and not the wattage. TBH though it vapes fantastic, I'm just a control freak that likes to set my own wattage in TC. Definitely one of the better TC chipsets on the market.

-William Cowper
one day i'll get my hands on one to test it

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

-William Cowper
I looked at that also at my B&M, they also had the Dagger, what do you think about the Auto TC?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It works great. I have no complaints at all. I really like the way it vapes and I'm a TC vaper. I did a full review of the mod and board.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/304797/

-William Cowper
Me also, love TC, one tank that was a PITA with Ni is the Vaporesso Gemini Ccell, floored me it worked well on the Strider, finally got a good hit with high flavor.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me also, love TC, one tank that was a PITA with Ni is the Vaporesso Gemini Ccell, floored me it worked well in the Strider, finally got a good hit with high flavor.
Yeah, I don't do Ni. Strictly SS for me.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Fast Tech has the Dagger and the CKS, here in the states Vapor DNA has very good prices with the coupons available.
the problem is they don't really appeal to me. the dagger is a single 18650 which i never use. the icon is nice but for 80+ bucks doesn't look good with tanks over 22mm i believe and most tanks i use are 24-26mm. If it was half the price i would get it, but for almost 100 bucks i'd rather wait for a sale or a newer wider version

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the problem is they don't really appeal to me. the dagger is a single 18650 which i never use. the icon is nice but for 80+ bucks doesn't look good with tanks over 22mm i believe and most tanks i use are 24-26mm. If it was half the price i would get it, but for almost 100 bucks i'd rather wait for a sale or a newer wider version
Hopefully if the VO chip gains popularity we will see mods at lower prices with more battery options, personally I think we will.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FYI, the Icon can fit a 24mm with absolutely no overhang. A 25mm will have slight overhang on the platform but not on the mod itself.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hopefully if the VO chip gains popularity we will see mods at lower prices with more battery options, personally I think we will.
I suspect it may actually be an FSK board. The vape I get in tc mode is almost eerily the same. This is just a suspicion of mine I have no proof or inside knowledge of what kind of board it really is.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yeah I'm really interested in the chip for sure.
FYI, the Icon can fit a 24mm with absolutely no overhang. A 25mm will have slight overhang on the platform but not on the mod itself.

-William Cowper
that's good to know!
I suspect it may actually be an FSK board. The vape I get in tc mode is almost eerily the same. This is just a suspicion of mine I have no proof or inside knowledge of what kind of board it really is.

-William Cowper
I've looked into it a bit and it doens't appear so. VO makes their own boards. they are like another evolv/hohmtech it's different tech in the chip. they are out of riverside, ca. but being so close to hohmtech it wouldn't surprise me if they knew or have talked with ben. One day I'll get a chip of theirs to test out. just not sure when. They sent one to grimm green to review but not to the tech guys like DJLsb or phil, which is interesting. You;d think sending to someone like DJLsb would bring them a lot more attention if the chip performs well

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah I'm really interested in the chip for sure.

that's good to know!

I've looked into it a bit and it doens't appear so. VO makes their own boards. they are like another evolv/hohmtech it's different tech in the chip. they are out of riverside, ca. but being so close to hohmtech it wouldn't surprise me if they knew or have talked with ben. One day I'll get a chip of theirs to test out. just not sure when. They sent one to grimm green to review but not to the tech guys like DJLsb or phil, which is interesting. You;d think sending to someone like DJLsb would bring them a lot more attention if the chip performs well
I like Djslb but he scares a lot of companies and for good reason. He commands a lot of respect in the industry. Even his fellow reviewers get pissed at him. Look how he's been dogging the DNA in his vids. He keeps saying he's getting reports of DNA'S failing. Lol. Not sure if I owned a company if I would send him a mod either. Lol. If it's not an FSK board then I just gave the VO board a huge compliment.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like Djslb but he scares a lot of companies and for good reason. He commands a lot of respect in the industry. Even his fellow reviewers get pissed at him. Look how he's been dogging the DNA in his vids. He keeps saying he's getting reports of DNA'S failing. Lol. Not sure if I owned a company if I would send him a mod either. Lol. If it's not an FSK board then I just gave the VO board a huge compliment.

-William Cowper
Yeah that's why he is my favorite but companies that are scared to send him stuff to test throw up a red flag to me. It means they don't stand behind their product

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah that's why he is my favorite but companies that are scared to send him stuff to test throw up a red flag to me. It means they don't stand behind their product

Yeah well, I'm not with you on that one. I like DJSLB but I have a problem with anointing him King Of All Reviewers. Especially since he is hired out by several companies. He can't be totally honest and still get a paycheck. Let's not be naive about it. I'm not a technical guy and I don't pretend to be one but I know what works.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah well, I'm not with you on that one. I like DJSLB but I have a problem with anointing him King Of All Reviewers. Especially since he is hired out by several companies. He can't be totally honest and still get a paycheck. Let's not be naive about it. I'm not a technical guy and I don't pretend to be one but I know what works.

-William Cowper
I know that I'm just saying if someone purposely doesn't want him reviewing their product there has to be a good reason. Which is a bad reason lol.

It's just bad that most of the big youtubers aren't even really reviewers at this point. They are merely advertisers

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know that I'm just saying if someone purposely doesn't want him reviewing their product there has to be a good reason. Which is a bad reason lol.

It's just bad that most of the big youtubers aren't even really reviewers at this point. They are merely advertisers

Not necessarily, especially if they're like HT and doing things differently then traditional testing methods may not be valid.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not necessarily, especially if they're like HT and doing things differently then traditional testing methods may not be valid.

-William Cowper
For temp control sure. For power mode it is what it is. I'm not a stickler for actual temp as long as it's smooth and keeps it constant it's good for me. I don't consider any of them temp control but more flavor control. We all know no devices are very accurate. They are just close enough

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For temp control sure. For power mode it is what it is. I'm not a stickler for actual temp as long as it's smooth and keeps it constant it's good for me. I don't consider any of them temp control but more flavor control. We all know no devices are very accurate. They are just close enough

Agreed, but just on the TC thing you can almost justify why a company wouldn't want Daniel or Phil to put their shit thru the ringer. That's all I'm saying.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Agreed, but just on the TC thing you can almost justify why a company wouldn't want Daniel or Phil to put their shit thru the ringer. That's all I'm saying.

-William Cowper
I understand for sure. It's why I don't bother testing actual temp. I just hook it up to the O-scope and record the line to make sure it's steady until there is no juice then drip on it and make sure it recovers and such.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

-William Cowper
You always have such great info, I happen to be a very technical person, and I find you to be a little more technical than you give yourself credit for.

And I also am a big fan of your work. I love hearing what you've got to say.

I'm picking up a Charon this weekend. Putting in an order by Monday.

The gene chip offers curve mode and you can program in mod and on Windows PC. How about that?

Does anyone know if smoant released the curve update. I read somewhere that they did.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You always have such great info, I happen to be a very technical person, and I find you to be a little more technical than you give yourself credit for.

And I also am a big fan of your work. I love hearing what you've got to say.

I'm picking up a Charon this weekend. Putting in an order by Monday.

The gene chip offers curve mode and you can program in mod and on Windows PC. How about that?

Does anyone know if smoant released the curve update. I read somewhere that they did.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Thx a lot. Truly appreciate that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors