Become a Patron!

Custom 3d print ideas

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok so this is just a feeler and I wasn't positive where to put it. Basically I'd just like to hear what people would be happy to see out in the market for these types items? Do people like battery cases, organizing trays, custom atty stands or cool squonkers? I've recently invested a lot into 3d printing because I'm enjoying it and also enjoying trying to learn more about it.
Last night I used my newest printer and made this chess piece that seems ordinary but it's pretty high detail and it could of been better.
b843741a698d3a8c9cb7a1b66addb632.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool. I would like to see mod boxes for building custom boxes. Also like the idea of organizing trays for mods and attys.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Juice storage... like an open display that elevates with several tiers that would hold glass 120's.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Very cool. I would like to see mod boxes for building custom boxes. Also like the idea of organizing trays for mods and attys.

Vv/vw? Regulated? Mech? Reg or squonk? Lol

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't mind grabbing a compacted regulated squonk mod. I been slowly working on 3d printing as well. But asking a friend to borrow the printer while I'm learning how to use the software.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
All of the above. Lol. What I was meaning was empty boxes for use by custom modders.

I get what you mean but I dont think many people will want a 3d printed box without the proper cut outs already in place? Do you think people would?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get what you mean but I dont think many people will want a 3d printed box without the proper cut outs already in place? Do you think people would?

If its Designed right that it can all slot together Including renforeced areas to allow holes to be cut
+ things to be mounted allowing you to install small screws bolts ect , but you would need to look up the already masses of 3d printed mods avalible already ,
Many would still like to be easily able to build there own ,
Faceplates for dna 75 C
Or other mod chips
Sx 475j plates ect
Board mounts
As well as atty stands
Mod stands an so on ,
But everyones needs are different
You could go all out an try an atty stand/ build station for Rebuilables allowing the rolls of wire to be mounted and easily used cut while building the deck , or combo of everything ,
thats in parts each bit sold separately
then can be slotted together on each purchase
so can slowly increase as your Collection grows ,
Display stands holders ect .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have a 3D printer but can never get anytime on it...My GF monopolizes it in her ongoing search for the perfect dildo. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Oh wow you must buy a lot of flexible filament. I haven't really tried that much yet

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow you must buy a lot of flexible filament. I haven't really tried that much yet

Just ideas pal , you could try making board mounts , buttons
Battery doors sledges ect that people or builders may want , parts that are not so readily available
Supply/ demand find out whats needed by diy builders an fill that gap for them they might comission you to make other parts ect

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my favorite things , rage 3d printed battery cases , they went out of business but I got some doubles , triples and quads from them first. Always wanted a party box made the same so I could store my oh shit tank and coils in my go bag . Gonna get me a printer one day and make some
605a0264d8d3778e84bf0989632be91a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
One of my favorite things , rage 3d printed battery cases , they went out of business but I got some doubles , triples and quads from them first. Always wanted a party box made the same so I could store my oh shit tank and coils in my go bag . Gonna get me a printer one day and make some
605a0264d8d3778e84bf0989632be91a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I've thought about this but designing it would be kinda hard because every mod, bottle and everything else is all different shapes and sizes

VU Sponsors