Become a Patron!

CUSTOM FIRMWARE EDITOR FOR THE WISMEC REULEAUX RX200, JOYTECH EVIC VTC MINI & CUBOID 200X

Doug.E.Fresh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok first if this has already been mentioned then I apologize. I happened to stumble upon a site with some tools in a zip file to modify the fonts by means of a pixel editor. This is described for the Evic VTC Mini, Wismec Reuleaux RX200, and Joyetech Cuboid 200w. This is a windows .exe program. However I use a mac but using wine I was able to load the program and open the most recent RX200 3.0 firmware and see the on screen menu items and units (in varying sizes) displayed in pixels. However I'm a bit confused about how to move forward from here perhaps someone else can take the wheel and make some cool new fonts for the firmware. I'd like to see the colors for the RX200 inverted if anyone can figure this out. Anyway looking at the site views and site downloads I'm assuming not many people have discovered this yet but I could be very wrong. Enjoy! :cool:

http://pictape.com/devices/custom-firmware-for-the-evic-vtc-mini-cuboid-rx200.php

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok first if this has already been mentioned then I apologize. I happened to stumble upon a site with some tools in a zip file to modify the fonts by means of a pixel editor. This is described for the Evic VTC Mini, Wismec Reuleaux RX200, and Joyetech Cuboid 200w. This is a windows .exe program. However I use a mac but using wine I was able to load the program and open the most recent RX200 3.0 firmware and see the on screen menu items and units (in varying sizes) displayed in pixels. However I'm a bit confused about how to move forward from here perhaps someone else can take the wheel and make some cool new fonts for the firmware. I'd like to see the colors for the RX200 inverted if anyone can figure this out. Anyway looking at the site views and site downloads I'm assuming not many people have discovered this yet but I could be very wrong. Enjoy! :cool:

http://pictape.com/devices/custom-firmware-for-the-evic-vtc-mini-cuboid-rx200.php
Do you work for pictape? Their links are showing up everywhere and it's really starting to look like spam.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the only think you can really change on the RX is the puff timer? Lame. Theres really not much you can customize on a tiny little pixel screen thats already stuffed full of all the information you need

So the only think you can really change on the RX is the puff timer? Lame. Theres really not much you can customize on a tiny little pixel screen thats already stuffed full of all the information you need
You can also change the font of the letters/numbers, and edit strings to change things like "wattage" to whatever you like as long it has an equal amount of letters or less.

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any documentation on how to use the editor?

I cant seem to get the link to work. I have spent too much time failing to get NFimwareEditor to even remotely work. any advice?
Thanks

What issues are you having with NFirmware editor?
My issue is with installing the program itself. I don't know if it's my pc or my own incompetence. The best results, it almost loaded, there was an error notification and it loaded the program but it wouldn't do anything, at all. And I tried everything. So I tried reinstalling it and it won't load at all now.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would say FONT Editor and not Firmware editor, it may edit the firmware to do so but just editing a font is one of the easier things you could accomplish...
c4b2738c2c347948047bb5a4900ec6f8.gif

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would need to be coded/injected...if theres one already then it can be edited, if not then it has to be created.
In the RX200 .bin, there is a stylized "beyond" logo, but I cannot see where it is used. It can be edited and is the last item in the "images" category.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In the RX200 .bin, there is a stylized "beyond" logo, but I cannot see where it is used. It can be edited and is the last item in the "images" category.
You have a link for the custom .bin? Ill see what I can do

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured out what the placeholder 0xA2 was for, it is a splash screen that you can activate in the NFirmware "patches" section. It activates after you vape and will display whatever you replace the "beyond" logo with for 15 seconds. It must be in there for a beyond co-branded mod.

My issue is with installing the program itself. I don't know if it's my pc or my own incompetence. The best results, it almost loaded, there was an error notification and it loaded the program but it wouldn't do anything, at all. And I tried everything. So I tried reinstalling it and it won't load at all now.
You don't install the program at all. You simply extract all the contents of the zip file into a folder and run the exe.

How do you activate it in the patches screen, I don't even see a patch for it.

I figured out what the placeholder 0xA2 was for, it is a splash screen that you can activate in the NFirmware "patches" section. It activates after you vape and will display whatever you replace the "beyond" logo with for 15 seconds. It must be in there for a beyond co-branded mod.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you activate it in the patches screen, I don't even see a patch for it.
In the "Patches" tab, you should see a check box that says "Splash" next to it. Click on the box and then click on the button down below that says "Apply patches" and save the file. Upload it to your RX200 and you're done! Then, depending on what you have in the 0xA2 placeholder, that will display a few seconds after you vape.

In the "Patches" tab, you should see a check box that says "Splash" next to it. Click on the box and then click on the button down below that says "Apply patches" and save the file. Upload it to your RX200 and you're done! Then, depending on what you have in the 0xA2 placeholder, that will display a few seconds after you vape.
Thanks man, will check it when get home!

NOT_SMOKE_zpsrfue03pv.jpg

Just getting silly!
Man, still not seeing what you're talking about. What firmware file are you loading into NFirmware? Maybe if you could post screen shot of the tab. I don't think I've got the same files as you, so not getting that option for splash screen.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, still not seeing what you're talking about. What firmware file are you loading into NFirmware? Maybe if you could post screen shot of the tab. I don't think I've got the same files as you, so not getting that option for splash screen.

Open NFirmware and load this file:
STEP_001_zpsawh64yts.jpg

Once it loads, look under "images" at the last placeholder, 0xA2. This is your splash display. Do with it as you like, it is a pretty big canvas. The active preview window lets you see your image as it will appear on your mod.
STEP_003_zpstw0envws.jpg

Then click on the "Patches" tab up top and click the "splash" box.
STEP_004_zpsgviwle6k.jpg

Then click on "Apply patches" you should get this message.
STEP_005_zps5vrwfqmz.jpg

Then save the file and load it to your mod. Hope this helps.

Im having trouble getting any firmware i create to flash to my rx200....i change the splash to my image and activate patch save encripted and i brick the darn thing every time i try....any ideas?

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
make sure you have the latest version of NFirmware, and the newest edition of the Wismec upgrade package.

i have the latest of both the nfirmware and the wisemec 3.10 upgrade and have no problems flashing things that others had made just things that i am creating myself and i know it either must be my error or my crappy laptop...but as i said i have no problems with firmware that others created...im just trying to create one with my company logo of the vape store where i work...i cant figure it out???

hi mate mate I'm wanting to mate a font do you have a program or could you help me ouy cheers
OTE="Spyg0at, post: 1131763, member: 47323"]
NOT_SMOKE_zpsrfue03pv.jpg

Just getting silly![/QUOTE]

Amm i missinh something here? I downloaded the latest nfirmware and rx200 3.10 today. Nfirmware lists no patches. I even downloaded a 3.10 (old) theme and it has a custom splash screen and says the patch is installed yet still doesnt work when i flash it...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So..... Evolve. Still holding out for $80 for the chip alone?

At these prices, its only a matter of time before some hardcore bad ass uber geeks from hell, reverse engineer the firmware, and write a command interperter to intergrate the RX with Lightscribe.

I'm talking about men who will never experience female companionship, or sunlight, or emerge from their parents basements for any extended periods of time. The mad monks of microchip mayhem. They dream in binary, and could solder surface mount components before they could ride bicycles. OK, they will never ride bicycles, but Evolve, take heed...... Your pricing model realy needs to...... um...... Evolve.

Not quite there yet, However...

The bar has been raised!!

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic

This is so good, that because it is not yet ported for my RX's, I bought a Cuboid Mini, just so I could try this firmware.

It is spectacular.

A long time ago, I had some involvement with Rockbox.

http://www.rockbox.org/
http://www.rockbox.org/

YEARS before Apple got around to it, I was able to watch video on my Ipod. And use the calculator. And play Doom. And use Paint, and a word processor, or play one of nearly 50 games. All running faster and better than anything Apple made. It even incorporated a Gameboy emulator, so you could use your Ipod to play all your old Gameboy games.

Oh, did I mention that Itunes was unnecessary? You could just drag and drop your music and video files directly onto the Ipod. Even in Linux.

Apple's response? Did you guess:

"Wow! Look at all this amazing stuff that we never even thought of incorporating! And these guys do it for fun!!

We need to up our game here at Apple, and begin thinking outside the Mac Box!!

If that's what you guessed, you'd be wrong. It was more like:

" Who the fuck do these meddlesome geeks think they are????? I'm Steve fucking Jobs! Have our corporate assassin in my office in one hour! Cancel that March of Mofkng Dimes shit for this afternoon. And the lawyers. Bring the lawyers to me as well, I don't care if the fucking Kracken is still in Beta, release that bad boy too!! And get me another black turtleneck, without Albanian Latte stains on it!!

What Apple's actual response was, after the courts determined that after a person bought an Apple product, they could do whatever the fuck they liked with it, was to "Show Us!!!".

By encrypting the bootloader so that only "official" Apple firmware could be loaded.

Unfortunately for Apple, they never paused to consider that if amateur hobbyists could write not just an alternative OS for the Ipod, but an entire platform that worked on MULTIPLE different devices, and Apple was still trying to make video function, that perhaps they lacked the brain power to actually design a encryption system, that would not be trivial to overcome. Which of course, is what happened.

Over, and over, and over, Apple getting more and more poo-faced each time, and doubling down on exercising their God given right to make really expensive, under-performing shit.

Wismec/Joyetech have not been this way. They don't directly endorse open source firmware, but they realize the benefits to themselves, and their customers, that open source provides. They understand, that if they had imaginations, they would not be "Big fkn Business"..

Last edited:

Zander

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What issues are you having with NFirmware editor?

I can not get NFirmwareEditor.v5.1 to work either... I just get an error saying "NFirmwareEditor has Stopped Working"? I am using Windows 7

Scratch that! I got it to work by placing the Extracted zip folder into my Programs Folder on the C Drive. I guess it will not run if it's on the desktop?

Last edited:
Can someone help me out here? For me, it appears that 0xA2 is not the splash screen. My patches tab also shows no patches available. I've tried with both Versions 3.10 and 3.13 Wismec software and i'm using the newest NFirmwareEditor which is currently v6.5.0. View attachment 77577

VU Sponsors