Become a Patron!

Custom Mod Creations (Out of Business)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered 2 4NINE replica's Saturday from them via paypal. Did I just order from Russia? First time I used them and it is all done via PP and no update.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes been there. Doesn't seem to respond though. I know he is legit just wondering where he is located. Thanks for responding ;)

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just pm him on facebook asking where is he based out of. Does he custom make these mods and rba's or is he just reselling china products

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just pm him on facebook asking where is he based out of. Does he custom make these mods and rba's or is he just reselling china products

Both, sort of. He has things made to his specs like the "Black Edition Kayfun".

Not sure by whom.

FWIW, Focalecig often has "special" mods and atties that others don't always have.
Like this version of the brass 4nine clone with a modified top cap:

4Nine Style Mod: These two 4Nine Mods are upgraded versions with engraved logo and different top cap. The upgraded top cap allows you to use normal 510 pin like Kanger protank.

http://focalecig.com/groupbuy/4Nine-Style-Special-Edition-Mechanical-Mod-19628

Last edited:

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for info. He has Russian name on gmail. The Georgia you are talking about is in USA and not other Georgia at least! lol.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now a bit worried. Paypal sent a confirm but I have not received any shipping notice. I was talking to someone on FB who said he ordered 22 days ago and still has not gotten a confirmation and no answers to emails. I have sent 2 emails myself and no answer. I hope they are not drop shippers. I could have bought cheaper and waited 30 to 60 all by myself. I will give till Mon night for a reply or confirmation then start with paypal. When I ordered it said it would ship on June 30th.

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you order the preorder item? If so he might be waiting on a shipment.

That said, I ordered the preorder kayfun on april 7. It shipped april 8 and i received it april 10.

It came from Alpharetta, GA Edited to add USA ...not Russia.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
no it said ships June 30th when I ordered. I sent email and he said he was waiting for black one to come in and would ship by end of week. Sunday I asked if it shipped and he said it would ship Mon (today) and would email me tracking. I never got one. I will email tomorrow. Wouldn't bother me if they would just tell me when and send it then. I don't think I'm getting ripped off just jerked around a bit.

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He was probably expecting it, but hasn't received it yet. One thing you might check. While he sends email from custom mod creations. His shipment email will come from a1ecigs(or at least mine was).

I wouldn't stress to much. Both my personal experience, and all the other posts I've seen about him, has been positive.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm sure I'll get the stuff just disappointed on being strung along. I don't like being told end of week, then Monday for sure, then nothing. I can order from China and save a few bucks but I try and deal with USA companies when I can. If they would have emailed back and said the black one was not in stock but being shipped and would be another 7 to 10 days I wouldn't think much of it.

I am stressed though. Having basement waterproofed and have 2 guys with jack hammers going to town in basement :p

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He was probably expecting it, but hasn't received it yet. One thing you might check. While he sends email from custom mod creations. His shipment email will come from a1ecigs(or at least mine was).

I wouldn't stress to much. Both my personal experience, and all the other posts I've seen about him, has been positive.
His eBay email was/is a1ecigs so I wouldn't be surprised he still uses that even though he's now gotten his own site. I and plenty of other folks have committed on Artemis' seemingly poor social skills considering he's running a business. Typically the only correspondence once you've ordered is an email generated by the software that prints the mailing label.

He does respond if you have a problem with a purchase. Its just the sort of typical "is it here yet" or "is it really xxx" or things a beginner or first timer might ask, those type questions that seem to go unanswered.

And excepting the typical cruddy Chinese quality control issues his products are good, solid clones, often manufactured with some change from the typical version of the product that he feels will improve it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well finally after 2 days of no contact he shipped and sent me tracking awhile ago. Scheduled for Saturday delivery. I'm a bit upset of the way he handled the whole thing. If he would have said I should have them with in the next week an will ship the next day that would have been sufficient. At least he did ship. Hope to enjoy them. They do look sharp!

I ordered a 4Nine on 7/18. I emailed him twice for shipping information. Finally received a notification of stamp generation on 7/23. Still nothing stating that its been accepted by the post office yet.

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
I've got two kayfun Black's - one regular, one copper... I've two Tridents form him as well and a copper 4nine.
1) His Kayfun is lightyears better than any other clone - it's not even close.
2) His Trident has more O-Rings, and doesn't seem to have the post issues China does.
3) I emailed him about the 4Nine and he sent me an updated piece...

I'll vouch for his quality for the Kayfuns and the Tridents - hands down better, peirod.
I've not been thrilled with the 4Nine, as it has the elcheapo - non-adjustable insulator/magnet - and I had to replace mine with something else. However - the "new" topcap (hybrid top) he sent is MUCH better than the FastTechs I have.

He may be slow to respond, but if I buy another Kayfun or Trident - he will get my money again - hands down.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wholeheartedly agree! I now purchase all my Kayfun clones from Custom Mod Creations.
As you stated, after trying "other clones", the quality of CMC's is top notch.
And they are constantly innovating and improving their product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 31
Ordered a 4Nine in SS got a brass. Customer service told me to just mail it back and they would send out the SS.

Mailed it back and got nothing. They said they never received it.

I'd recommend staying away from this POS.

I ordered a gold nano kit for my kayfun on 8th of February and received a shipping details email on February 9th.

I contacted them on 11/03 to let them know that I have not received anything. They replied the next day 12/03 that they will check with USPS. I have not heard from them again. I have sent them 2 more emails asking for an update and no response!

The do not accept paypal so I paid with my card directly which means I cannot file a dispute!

I say stay away from them!!!!!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a gold nano kit for my kayfun on 8th of February and received a shipping details email on February 9th.

I contacted them on 11/03 to let them know that I have not received anything. They replied the next day 12/03 that they will check with USPS. I have not heard from them again. I have sent them 2 more emails asking for an update and no response!

The do not accept paypal so I paid with my card directly which means I cannot file a dispute!

I say stay away from them!!!!!!
Why can't you file a dispute? CC's normally have the best dispute system of any other payment methods.

And based on other threads, I'm actually glad that either of you received a response at all...

do not order from him. i have never got my shipment. i had sent many emails asking for a tracking number, he stopped responding after the first response with a bogus excuse. i didn't bother with asking again. no have time to deal with a crook over $20.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's been out of business for a while! If you were lucky you were able to file a claim with your cc company and get the charge reversed :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The guy who owned custom mod creations scammed a lot of vapers before he closed up shop and fled the country. CC dispute is the only avenue open now.

VU Sponsors