Become a Patron!

Cut wood possibly damaged my rba?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi people. So curious if this is possible or has anyone had this happen. I purchased cut wood unicorn milk. Built my rba primed. Did everything right. Hit ok a couple times then started tasting like crap. So I was told rebuild rba again and prime the coil, same juice and same thing. Tasted like crap. So I put my prebuilt .5 coil in and same thing. Tasted like crap. It tasted perfect when I tested at store before buying and first few hits then boom just nasty. I'm getting a new coil and not sure if the juice does not work in kanger coils or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta be honest, this thread title is very misleading and a very strange way to start one off, but Ill go ahead and answer the initial question.

id be willing to say no....cutwood did not damage your RBA :)

and yes the Kanger coils are awesome...use could use two at the same times for "double the pleasure and double the fun"

B5F8BBB0-C579-407A-B4A1-C656424697AD-23692-000001F53AD70BCF_zpsjzgyqj1e.jpg

DC646156-BFED-4843-BBA2-E1AA594E464F-23692-000001F19D755B3C_zpsfxet7g4f.jpg

parmacrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like it's getting burnt. Maybe try bringing the power down some.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did. After changing coils and everything and still had same nasty flavor.

parmacrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you happen to know the VG/PG ratio on that juice? It's possible it's high in VG and not wicking properly. Are you using the original RBA deck that came with your subtank? If so, is it the one with tiny cutout slots for juice flow? I had horrible issues getting thick juices to wick in that RBA. I finally had to use my dremel to add a couple 2.5mm holes in the sides of that outer ring on the RBA to get good flow.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used the rba and the .5 prebuilt. Both tasted trash. They were working good before that cuttwood. I was using jimmy the juice man peachy strawberry 3mg max vg and no issues. So I decided to try the cuttwood in my Atlantis 2. Same shitty taste so I tried another coil in the Atlantis. Same thing. So I thru out coils and the cuttwood now I have no issues with whatever other juice I use. As far as the rba deck. Drill holes where. I have pics to show me

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cuttwood is max VG.
Idk about the atlantis but OCC Kanger coils can't wick it very well and the RBA heads channels are just too small.
You might want to try pancake wicking but the only tanks I can use cuttwood in are my dedicated dual coil RTA'S and I have to wick them pretty loose.

What atty did you sample it with?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used the subtank mini and the Atlantis 2

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Both did same thing

parmacrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used the rba and the .5 prebuilt. Both tasted trash. They were working good before that cuttwood. I was using jimmy the juice man peachy strawberry 3mg max vg and no issues. So I decided to try the cuttwood in my Atlantis 2. Same shitty taste so I tried another coil in the Atlantis. Same thing. So I thru out coils and the cuttwood now I have no issues with whatever other juice I use. As far as the rba deck. Drill holes where. I have pics to show me

This video is the one I used when I did my kanger decks.

VU Sponsors