Become a Patron!

Daedalus Pro is twisting me off! xD

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello all! I have a question to ask about building with the Daedalus Pro. Now I love the kit. It saves me time and aggrivation for sure. Now my go to build is a SS fused clapton 2x26g with a 36ga outter wrap. The wires are cut, straightened, and then wound together with the 26ga cylinder wire guide. Now while winding my wires are still twisting up really bad and getting them straight is generally a bitch. Is there something to help stop the twisting or am I doing something wrong? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Btw the picture shows the wire after 10 minutes of trying to straighten it out.
0f360002840f59884f11b964b24006aa.jpg

Posted from a OP5T

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually better swivels but I'm not sure on the deadalus. But when using my drill mine usually twist too. I reverse the drill and hold with acrylic tip players where the twist starts

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st. Dont use the inserts if only using 2 cores...2nd..after snipping..keep wire in chuck and reverse a bit whioe holdong with plierstil u see straight...now remove and insert the other end and do the same...make sense? Let me if u know what i mean..if not ill make a video for u. I dont use it much but love that thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
1st. Dont use the inserts if only using 2 cores...2nd..after snipping..keep wire in chuck and reverse a bit whioe holdong with plierstil u see straight...now remove and insert the other end and do the same...make sense? Let me if u know what i mean..if not ill make a video for u. I dont use it much but love that thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Exactly!

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for the tips. Ill make some wire tomorrow and will give a update soon

Posted from a OP5T

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello all!
So after a crazy weekend a small update. So taking a bunch of tension off of the outer wire spool helped out alot. The twisting wasn't bad at all but still could be better. Had no idea that it could be that loose but still make a good coil. So a bit more tuning is required but till I get more wire ill just hold off for now. Thanks all

Posted from a OP5T

VU Sponsors