Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
then rain drops when got back home.

Ha! Serves you right sending all that rain up our end of the hollar last week. :p :)

Get up earlier today and am greeted by a decent thick fog. Doesn't seem to want to lift any time soon either.

You're vaping too much. :)

Minor add: Spoke with my mom a bit this evening via messenger. She was having some trout. Told her I was coming home she couldn't eat all that herself. She asked if I had a plate yet. :) She says our middle brother seems to have gotten his crap together. His recent hospital visit set him against being addicted to the quick running dope.

The trout mom had for supper was from what him and his eldest daughter had caught fishing. I'm so glad he's seeming to be coming to the clear. Hopefully he'll not backslide. Think he might have gotten himself scared back to the right. So yeah can hope he's doing better and keeps on doing better.

Youngest brother seems to have moved back in with mom now. It was grill he had bought and put out on her patio that did up the trout. He's going to help her get a building on the property moved to around back. Where it is now, sets on another property. She had been unsure since it was put there by my step-dad who well. They had it surveyed and set the lines. So the building will get moved.

She was happy because it gave them less yard to mow. :)

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ha! Serves you right sending all that rain up our end of the hollar last week. :p :)

Minor add: Spoke with my mom a bit this evening via messenger. She was having some trout. Told her I was coming home she couldn't eat all that herself. She asked if I had a plate yet. :) She says our middle brother seems to have gotten his crap together. His recent hospital visit set him against being addicted to the quick running dope.

The trout mom had for supper was from what him and his eldest daughter had caught fishing. I'm so glad he's seeming to be coming to the clear. Hopefully he'll not backslide. Think he might have gotten himself scared back to the right. So yeah can hope he's doing better and keeps on doing better.

Youngest brother seems to have moved back in with mom now. It was grill he had bought and put out on her patio that did up the trout. He's going to help her get a building on the property moved to around back. Where it is now, sets on another property. She had been unsure since it was put there by my step-dad who well. They had it surveyed and set the lines. So the building will get moved.

:D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Happy Birthday Huck! *hugs*

a1.JPG

You get allll the pik-a-nik baskets! xD

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Maybe corona made it hard to cop drugs and made it easier to be clean? But really I just hope he’s decided to stay straight. Good for you and your bro. :yay:

Glad your mom is doing well, too. :hug bombz:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe corona made it hard to cop drugs and made it easier to be clean?

Well, a heart attack lends perspective. He's still in his thirties, might take a metaphorical bullet to the brain to wake him up.

Happy-Birthday-card-minion1.jpg

Happy Run Around Nakey Day, @Nailz !

We sure do have a lot of May babies here.

A lot of maybe huh? :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, a heart attack lends perspective. He's still in his thirties, might take a metaphorical bullet to the brain to wake him up.

Heart attack sure woke my sister up. Happens that way sometimes. Prison will do that, too, if a person's paying attention at all.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the last of the three fans cleaned up and running, the one that cools the bed area for us.

She's leaning' out to get the breeze..hehe.
t108005.gif

PsedtaB5MEFf3NoaQPGI3H4u6M83gm6eeAD0QvOvMjQW1qNAD5pi3EbdFf5tCbt9Qnc=s0-d-e1-ft

Fan *is* actually running in this pic, I just wanted to stop the kitty-motion with flash and 1/60th of a second exposure. Also combating heavy glare from full sun outside...not a cloud in the sky and it's about 85F. Bleh...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Sorry, I wasn’t being funny about a heart attack. I missed that. I had just been wondering about people who do drugs now, and how they must be coping during lockdown.

How’s things with you otherwise? Good to see you, brother. :hugs a go go:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I said I wasn't gonna watch any filler retro football, but this one...good to hear Madden being himself on the mike. And I got time to kill before iRacing. =)

(made a chipotle ranch, roast turkey breast and bacon, Fusilli pasta w/ veggies for tonight. It's chillin' in the fridge)

Snap1174.jpg

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I wasn’t being funny about a heart attack. I missed that. I had just been wondering about people who do drugs now, and how they must be coping during lockdown.

How’s things with you otherwise? Good to see you, brother. :hugs a go go:

Nah, didn't figure you or @nadalama were being funny. In fact I agree. :)

Things seem to be heading forward toward better. S'all we can put faith in and ask. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, yesterday evening that six foot long snake got into the hovel. Worse case it might give sister in law a heart attack. Best case he eats up all the rats & mice and moves on. We're thinking it is a snake they named Reggie who was in FIL's in the basement behind washer & dryer. Almost afraid to do any more weed eating. I'll likely get blamed for "purposely calling out a snake and putting it in our hovel". Nothing further from the truth but of course I know the SIL and her bullshit drama.

*sighs* Soon, soon ... we get our own home. Don't have to fuck around with her shit. Last week I allegedly did something with a book the youngest nephew had got from the library. I couldn't recall for sure if I had moved it aside at FIL's to sit down or not. It was a book by Obama's wife. I don't recall even seeing it and it'd not be anything I'd pick up to read or look at, maybe I moved it but I even doubt that. She told her dad she would look for it after her work one day, comes in asking if he had found it, pitched a fit when he said he hadn't looked ... after she said she would herself. *smh*

That aside I'm not the type what does nasty stuff to spite others. Granted I might think it's a bit hilarious her own drama would cause her so much stress over a snake. I didn't though put the snake into the hovel. Her husband can attest to that. He knew like I did that after seeing it outside on the wall of the hovel, it'd find its own way in. It did. Snakes do what snakes do. Sure it's likely my fault for not killing it. Why though would I kill a harmless snake, or let it get killed after I likely ran it out of the weeds by weed eating? Nope, I just got him out of the road. Figured he'd slink off and do his own thing. Um, well he did.

Aw well, it'll be what it'll be. I'll be called everything but what's true. My wife knows I didn't put it in the hovel. She didn't want it in either. Again though she knows we've seen it isn't venomous and will probably benefit us by killing off vermin. There's no need to get anxious, alarmed. She's not either. She knows we're living in the country, knows the hovel is a hovel riddled with holes. Apparently her sister who has lived here just as long didn't get that memo.

Life is so so fucked up. *chuckles*

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is still going well here. I have a bit of mixing to do, a few new recipes. I did find that I like tiramisu, that was a surprise. Jessie is in the window, there's so much to be on alert for out there! I hope she never tries to go through the screen. Hubby is going to bbq for lunch.

Be careful and stay healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

All is still going well here. I have a bit of mixing to do, a few new recipes. I did find that I like tiramisu, that was a surprise. Jessie is in the window, there's so much to be on alert for out there! I hope she never tries to go through the screen. Hubby is going to bbq for lunch.

Be careful and stay healthy :hug:

I found out the hard way, @misswish, that the secret to coffee flavors, at least for me, is to not overdo the coffee. I have to use it very sparingly or it will take over a mix completely and be very bitter. Have to say though that I'm not a strong coffee fan. Can't drink Starbucks or similar coffees.

Have a house full of grandsons today. They are staying with us for a couple of days. It's nice having them here, they've livened the place up a bit. Everything A-OK so far.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Quiet as can be here in this house. Hubbs went to son's house to watch after the Bubba Juniors for a while so son can study. Some engineering class he's taking started last night.

I'm just on lunch break, working at home, wondering what I want to eat, if anything. Had super-yum breakfast this morning, thanks to hubbs. Ham & cheese omelet, buttery grits and toast, coffee, big glass of unsweetened tea. He really spoils me with these breakfasts sometimes!

I am beginning to lose track of the days of the week. I'm about to look at my e-mail calendar to find out what day it is. Last night I filled a tank with juice and by this morning had forgotten what I put in it. If I stay in this house much longer, I might forget how to drive! :eek: :D

Y'all stay safe!

Driving is like riding a bike. You don't forget. After 3 years I have car insurance again. I was nervous the first time I got behind the wheel but I had no problems. I've only driven short distances so far but once I'm sure I won't black out I'll drive longer distances. I know you were kinda joking but for the small part that might be worried, don't. You'll be fine!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Expecting near record heat and perhaps 10-year thunderstorms tonight...ackk...
https://www.weatherbug.com/news/Early-Weekend-Dangerous-Weather-Targets-Northwest

Got a few pix...this is just the outermost part of the mess. Real shit won't be here until tonight.

OqoHRlP.jpg

7CJJJxd.jpg

uByqXrE.jpg

Yeah, it's this dark at near 11AM...cat is NOT happy right now..she obviously can hear the far-away stuff and is hiding in the bathroom. A good plan.

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Ok I can understand that. We started out the same way but when we began breeding the chickens after a while we couldn't rehome the roosters anymore so I learned how to humanely butcher them. I'll tell you a secret. I never could eat any of the roosters I butchered. DH would make stock but I still couldn't eat it. ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok I can understand that. We started out the same way but when we began breeding the chickens after a while we couldn't rehome the roosters anymore so I learned how to humanely butcher them. I'll tell you a secret. I never could eat any of the roosters I butchered. DH would make stock but I still couldn't eat it. ;)

Years ago in Alaska, we ended up with 17 rescue Easter chicks, all growing out of dyed feathers of pink and blue

That's when we found out what they do with extra roosters, dye them and sell them as pets for Easter. Every single one of them was a rooster and no one wanted them even for free, lol

We slaughtered them all and I just made stock also, easiest thing to do. It was delicious, but I did feel bad every time we ate it, lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
morning

you kn
We do have two season of hay fever here, spring and fall, actually. Environs further north may not, I don't know.

Depending on what a person's sensitivities are, one or the other season may be noticeably worse. Mine is worse in the fall.ow what sucks about living in a temperate climate?
hayfever in winter :rolleyes: bet ya don't get hayfever, when pollens are 6" under snow
For the time being, watching the launch. Have laundry to do, then juice mixing.

We watched the launch too. Told my peeps in here that I really thought I'd never see another one in my lifetime, and that's true.

Think it was really good for the boys (age 8 and 11) to see it. They thought they coolest part was when the first stage separated from the rest of the rocket. They were speculating whether it would be possible to see the rocket in the sky, which gave me the opportunity to tell them about the time I DID see one from a distance, when we lived in central Florida back in the 60s. We were outside playing softball at school, and when it was time for the launch, the teacher pointed us in the right direction and we actually were able to see the speck of it with exhaust trails following behind. I'd thought it was an Apollo mission, but after looking at the launch dates, I see it must have been one of the later Gemini missions.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We watched the launch too. Told my peeps in here that I really thought I'd never see another one in my lifetime, and that's true.

Think it was really good for the boys (age 8 and 11) to see it. They thought they coolest part was when the first stage separated from the rest of the rocket. They were speculating whether it would be possible to see the rocket in the sky, which gave me the opportunity to tell them about the time I DID see one from a distance, when we lived in central Florida back in the 60s. We were outside playing softball at school, and when it was time for the launch, the teacher pointed us in the right direction and we actually were able to see the speck of it with exhaust trails following behind. I'd thought it was an Apollo mission, but after looking at the launch dates, I see it must have been one of the later Gemini missions.
I have the 1980's memories of Challenger, so was holding my breath during the separation. I'm sure a bunch of us were feeling that, somewhat. Years later, I was in FL on my honeymoon (
t9403.gif
) and I can't remember which it was, but we pulled over on the side of a highway and saw some of it. We weren't close enough for a wonderful view, or anything, but it was still pretty cool to see it.

VU Sponsors