Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup, she is a spoiled kitteh for sure.
Never married or had kids (thank gods), and not very socialized in general, so a furbaby is about all I can handle...but she is good for me too.
t09072.gif

Had a couple cups of joe and finally made some brekky....

EyLEXju.jpg

That pic of Milly that Bunny posted? Milly is saying, "See? See what I did?" lol She's got you, bud. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah..lol... :D

That day was the first time since I got her in the end of Nov 2019 that she's actually been cuddly like that.
So, I had to take a bunch of pics because one day she'll be gone and without pictures, I'd forget.

Well, she's obviously decided that you're an ok hooman, as far as hoomans go, and if she has to have a hooman, it's ok for it to be you.

That's high praise from a cat. You know. Some of 'em don't like any hoomans at all and won't be persuaded no matter what we do.

Makes me miss my old Miyu boy. He was an orange tabby, part Maine, huge and so damn sweet. When I had oral surgery and was basically knocked out for two days after I got home, every time I woke up to go to the bathroom, he was perched on my belly. He was making sure nobody messed with me.

The good ones are SO good, it's hard to do without them when they're gone. I had him for about 15 years; he lived to be 18.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi. What do you usually fish for there?
Im going tomorrow, there are perch (non native English Perch) Aussie Golden Perch (yellowbelly) and Murray Cod where we are going to.

Loved those old movies. When I was a kid we had Deadly Earnest who had a late night monster movie show which my mum let me stay up to watch on Friday nights.
Creature from the black lagoon, It came from outer space, Birds to name a few. I used to love Friday nights. Deadly Earnest had (the hand you see in the glove) a hand with a mind of its own called Claw. Now and then it would attack him :D
Lame by today's standards but I thought it was awesome!
View attachment 162445
I catch a variety, walleye, crappie, bass (mainly for the fun), bluegills (small but very tasty) and ring perch. I can't wait to go;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All goin good here. Another beautiful day but a lot hotter, well to me anyway but I've been out hoeing the garden:rolleyes:. Running out of things to do around here but at least this year my garden has been kept fairly weed free. I seen where some of the protesters are turning up with the virus already:eek:, kinda figured that would happen, just hoping it doesn't start another wave of it:gaah:.
I wanna go fishin:(
Everyone stay safe and healthy:)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been a long day already.

Fighting with the audio setup between my new computer, the old stereo, the newish HDTV, and too many wires...lol Problem was...well, compatibility. New Comp has onboard Realtek everything for network and audio. They suck terribly in Linux.

I had it all working fine, then I realized..the sound was coming from my damn video card via HDMI, not the actual audio device that routes to my stereo. So the old EVGA 560ti was working harder than it should, I couldn't do hardware re-encodes, and Video cards shouldn't be doing damn audio. Arggh.

So, I turned off all the onboard shit on the motherboard. Networking is now via an actual Intel gigabit LAN card, and I put the ancient but awesome Sound Blaster Audigy sound card from the old computer in this machine. Everything is great now. Except I lost the ability to control everything from the TV's remote. Fuck.

Figured it out though; I used some creative cabling and the 'ol Yamaha amp to switch between inputs for audio, while the newer TV handles the video switching. It's another remote to use but works nicely and with a lot better quality.

Dedicated Hardware beats onboard every damn time.:cool:

Two remotes, but only Three Buttons to rule it all...yeah it's a bit of a mess ATM...don't care.
1uFHHxH.jpg

Now, I'm gonna sit my ass down and have a genuine original recipe Mexican Coke with real cane sugar and some 8yo Black Velvet.

eNascar Pro Heat from 'Dega is on at 5pm. :shades:

GjaMoTI.jpg

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I catch a variety, walleye, crappie, bass (mainly for the fun), bluegills (small but very tasty) and ring perch. I can't wait to go;)
Googled those. Your ring perch look almost exactly like our Redfin (english perch)
Those Walleye look like a good fish to go for going by the sizes I saw in the images!
Good luck when they let you loose Jimi.
I'll have a few casts for you today when I'm out there. I cant guarantee youll catch anything though ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Googled those. Your ring perch look almost exactly like our Redfin (english perch)
Those Walleye look like a good fish to go for going by the sizes I saw in the images!
Good luck when they let you loose Jimi.
I'll have a few casts for you today when I'm out there. I cant guarantee youll catch anything though ;)

Cool, our ring perch don't get very big but sure are tasty
The walleye are fine eating too
Thank you my friend:D
Good luck to you today, wish I could be there with you:)
That's ok it will just feel good to take a few casts;)
Fish is about the only meat I can have and then it's limited to once or twice a month:(

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I realize not many will appreciate this, but I'm proud of what I built for verry cheap.

Streaming HD eNascar full-screen....and multi-tasking. Mint 19.3 OS entirely on SSD and 32GB of RAM FTW.

Clean.

b0BaJ6P.png

This, coming from a dying old Core 2 Duo PC with a SATAII hard drive, 4Gb of RAM, and a WIn7 install from 2008. My old EVGA 560ti FPB is now idling at about 45C in a 80F room.

I know it's not hard-core gamer tech, but It's like I'm in the future now...lol

Yes, I am promoting getting away from Windows. It's a giant suck-fest of resources, not to mention data and privacy violations. Microsoft = You are the Product. They are ending WIndows as a consumer OS..it'll all soon be 'in the cloud'. Their servers and by subscription.

User control will be offloaded to them and marketed for $$. You don't own Windows, you License it from them. GLWT...I'm freeeee.

Last edited:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife is doing good today. She's eating small amounts of what the hospital calls food and walking around. The governor lifted some of the restrictions at hospitals, so I was able to go visit her for a little while after work today. She's coming home tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife is doing good today. She's eating small amounts of what the hospital calls food and walking around. The governor lifted some of the restrictions at hospitals, so I was able to go visit her for a little while after work today. She's coming home tomorrow.

That's great news

Sent from a pile of wood chips

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hells yeah! :D

For All.....

489089__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+twilight_animated_meme_spike_looking+at+you_image+macro_flying_hug.gif

Teehee...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Been a long day already.

Fighting with the audio setup between my new computer, the old stereo, the newish HDTV, and too many wires...lol Problem was...well, compatibility. New Comp has onboard Realtek everything for network and audio. They suck terribly in Linux.

I had it all working fine, then I realized..the sound was coming from my damn video card via HDMI, not the actual audio device that routes to my stereo. So the old EVGA 560ti was working harder than it should, I couldn't do hardware re-encodes, and Video cards shouldn't be doing damn audio. Arggh.

So, I turned off all the onboard shit on the motherboard. Networking is now via an actual Intel gigabit LAN card, and I put the ancient but awesome Sound Blaster Audigy sound card from the old computer in this machine. Everything is great now. Except I lost the ability to control everything from the TV's remote. Fuck.

Figured it out though; I used some creative cabling and the 'ol Yamaha amp to switch between inputs for audio, while the newer TV handles the video switching. It's another remote to use but works nicely and with a lot better quality.

Dedicated Hardware beats onboard every damn time.:cool:

Two remotes, but only Three Buttons to rule it all...yeah it's a bit of a mess ATM...don't care.
1uFHHxH.jpg

Now, I'm gonna sit my ass down and have a genuine original recipe Mexican Coke with real cane sugar and some 8yo Black Velvet.

eNascar Pro Heat from 'Dega is on at 5pm. :shades:

GjaMoTI.jpg

That reminds me of a party when I was in college and we were at my friend’s (dad’s) place in the City. Her dad and his partner were there, and Dad was hanging out with us. He broke out a bottle of Armagnac with some of us in the kitchen. We were all calling it “Velvet Fire”. Lol It’s on the bottle. After much partying, it was hilarious. It still makes me crack up.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I realize not many will appreciate this, but I'm proud of what I built for verry cheap.

Streaming HD eNascar full-screen....and multi-tasking. Mint 19.3 OS entirely on SSD and 32GB of RAM FTW.

Clean.

b0BaJ6P.png

This, coming from a dying old Core 2 Duo PC with a SATAII hard drive, 4Gb of RAM, and a WIn7 install from 2008. My old EVGA 560ti FPB is now idling at about 45C in a 80F room.

Yes, I am promoting getting away from Windows. It's a giant suck-fest of resources, not to mention data and privacy violations. Microsoft = You are the Product. They are ending WIndows as a consumer OS..it'll all soon be 'in the cloud'. Their servers and by subscription.

User control will be offloaded to them and marketed for $$. You don't own Windows, you License it from them. GLWT...I'm freeeee.

Which Linux distro are you using?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

YAY!! Such good news. I’m so glad things worked out well for you, Chain. You’re a really good guy. :hug::hug:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Clean.

b0BaJ6P.png

I sure appreciate it! I hate Winblows

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Great news!! Bonus that you were able to spend some time with her too.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m doing good. It’s taken since like December for me to feel better, but I realized that I am. It’s not like I woke up one morning and jumped out of bed feeling great. It taken months to feel normal. :sigh:

I’m still a bit strange from not having done much for 5-6 months, but I’m trying to eat good, take vitamins and minerals, etc.

Stay healthy, y’all. If what I had was corona, wow it sucks. It kicked my butt hard. So be careful when lockdown ends, please. Love you guys!!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am very, very jealous of @CaFF's Mexican Coca Cola with real cane sugar. If it was in one of those 6.5 oz. bottles, I'm afraid I'd have to go to the Pacific Northwest and steal it off his table.

He can keep the booze, I just want the Co'cola!

Hope everyone's doing well today. Glad to hear that @ChainVapeS wife is doing well, and that he got to pay her a visit.

When some of this crisis is over, will we still appreciate these not-so-small things that we've always taken for granted before? Who would have thought there would EVER be a time it would be touch-and-go as to whether we could visit a sick relative in the hospital? Or go out to a restaurant to eat? Or go to church, or shopping for clothes, or on vacation, or to ride on the train, or to a concert, or any of those things?

It has been a long week, work-wise, I have been bored and distracted and just working for the weekend. I'm glad it's Friday.

Take care and be safe, and have a lovely weekend! Hope we all have good weather.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cooling off for the weekend here, the predicted highs are in the 80's which sure beats the 100's the last few days.

Tomorrow I get to go help set up things for in person Mass at my church. We will be doing it outdoors and parishioners will bring their own chairs. Our overlords in Cali were going to limit us to 100 people in a building that holds 700 people if we did it in the church itself. This also saves us from needing to scrub everything down between Masses. As it stands there will be 5 Masses on the weekend. One English and one Spanish on Saturday evening and one English and one Spanish on Sunday morning. There will be an additional Spanish Mass on Sunday evening. This schedule will avoid the summer heat until we can get back to normal.

Tomorrow afternoon will be spent at a winery for their opening back up party. There will be food and while there won't tasting of different wines we will buy a bottle to enjoy. There will also be a live band. My wife and I cannot wait!

Me, my wife, and the critters are all doing fine.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which Linux distro are you using?

Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit using Cinnamon. But I could change to MATE or XFCE or any other DE if I wanted to. :)
This new PC has enough power that even running a pretty intensive DE like Cinnamon, it flies.
I did turn off some excess animations and FX though. Performance and efficiency beats pretty most every time.

I've been a *nix user since about 1994 or so, and a Ubuntu fan since they were mailing out promo cd's like a decade ago. I just like Debian I guess...lol. But, Mint is just a nice fit for me. Really good support and community.

I am very, very jealous of @CaFF's Mexican Coca Cola with real cane sugar. If it was in one of those 6.5 oz. bottles, I'm afraid Id have to go to the Pacific Northwest and steal it off his table.

Those are the 1 Liter glass bottles, but they have the regular size ones too. I just think 1L for like $2.50 ea is a good deal. ;-)

MexGrocer has them, but very pricey. If ya have any Mexican stores around they'd be cheaper. Perhaps even Walmart?

Mint! @CaFF have you tried the Deepin desktop. I'm really liking it.

I've heard of that, but am a bit nervous about using a wholly Chinese DE from Wuhan, even if it has been around since 2004 in some form. Not that there aren't great coders there, just that it IS a Communist state we are practically at war with. If they wanted to backdoor it, the coders would have little choice but to comply. Sure, it's OSS, but I don't have the skills to inspect all of the code myself. Lots of other choices from less hinky countries.

It's also tooo much like a Apple UI for my taste...just overkill IMO...I like understated. :)

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Aw, you guys! Hubby wants to go fishing so bad. He's usually gone half the time, from March to around October/November. At least he can make his lures now.

Jessie is on bug patrol. She will fully inspect one room, then move to the next, until the house is completed. Then it's time for a nap before starting again. So funny to watch. She did find some kind of big bug the other night in my bathroom (of course) as I was getting ready for bed. Had to call hubby in for removal, didn't want Jessie to mess with an unknown insect. She was not happy with us! She got an extra treat, though.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am very, very jealous of @CaFF's Mexican Coca Cola with real cane sugar. If it was in one of those 6.5 oz. bottles, I'm afraid I'd have to go to the Pacific Northwest and steal it off his table.

He can keep the booze, I just want the Co'cola!

Hope everyone's doing well today. Glad to hear that @ChainVapeS wife is doing well, and that he got to pay her a visit.

When some of this crisis is over, will we still appreciate these not-so-small things that we've always taken for granted before? Who would have thought there would EVER be a time it would be touch-and-go as to whether we could visit a sick relative in the hospital? Or go out to a restaurant to eat? Or go to church, or shopping for clothes, or on vacation, or to ride on the train, or to a concert, or any of those things?

It has been a long week, work-wise, I have been bored and distracted and just working for the weekend. I'm glad it's Friday.

Take care and be safe, and have a lovely weekend! Hope we all have good weather.

It’s sad that only Mexico has Coke with real (cane) sugar in it. I found some a few years ago at a CVS here, but it was a one off.

I think most of us here will appreciate the little and not so little things we’ve been missing out on. But...most people in this country (unfortunately) will prolly fall right back into habitual behavior when all of this eases up.

You made me crave Coca Cola and I haven’t had one in about five years, more or less!!

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It’s sad that only Mexico has Coke with real (cane) sugar in it. I found some a few years ago at a CVS here, but it was a one off.

I think most of us here will appreciate the little and not so little things we’ve been missing out on. That’s not to say that most people in this country (unfortunately) will prolly fall right back into habitual behavior when all of this eases up.

You made me crave Coca Cola and I haven’t had one in about five years, more or less!!

I drink a Coke about twice a year when I can find the right kind of crushed ice. Nothing beats it except Coke with real sugar. I couldn't drink it as a steady diet, though. Can't stand sugary drinks on a consistent basis. I drink lots of unsweet tea.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW: does your OS notify you and let you update all of your softwares...without a reboot? Mine does. :cool:

Screenshot from 2020-06-05 13-22-01.png

Didn't even stop my iRacing stream or log me out of here. OFC, I wasn't using actual FF at the time, I use Waterfox as my daily driver.

I DO NOT miss update hell on Windows.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I drink a Coke about twice a year when I can find the right kind of crushed ice. Nothing beats it except Coke with real sugar. I couldn't drink it as a steady diet, though. Can't stand sugary drinks on a consistent basis. I drink lots of unsweet tea.

My hubs liked Coke, but he slowly stopped drinking the HFCS one. I knew it tasted different, but we didn’t know they’d taken the cane sugar out of it.
Real cane sugar is nowhere near as toxic as corn syrup, so it makes no sense to replace it with a corn product that’s prolly GMO, to boot.
I never really was a soda fan, except for root beer when I was a kid. My dad used to take me to a luncheonette that had a soda fountain and the root beer was so good!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
FWIW: does your OS notify you and let you update all of your softwares...without a reboot? Mine does. :cool:

View attachment 162534

Didn't even stop my iRacing stream or log me out of here. OFC, I wasn't using actual FF at the time, I use Waterfox as my daily driver.

I DO NOT miss update hell on Windows.

Apple’s updates aren’t much better. I switched to Macs when the Dell towers I had @20 years ago were driving me crazy. My hands used to start sweating and I’d get panicky. (EMF’s from them was bad for me! ) The smaller footprint from Apple didn’t make me feel crazy. Well, mostly not crazy.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I think most of us here will appreciate the little and not so little things we’ve been missing out on. But...most people in this country (unfortunately) will prolly fall right back into habitual behavior when all of this eases up.

People who travel from Oz to the Us say your Coke tastes much sweeter than ours does here. Actually they say most of your soft drinks taste much sweeter than ours do. Ours I believe uses cane sugar.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Life isn't ameliorating, it isn't deteriorating either. It has settled into a bit of stasis. A friend recently sent a care bomb package. :) That was a very nice and unexpected surprise. Perhaps, more later. For now y'all run 'er slow. :)

VU Sponsors