wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Living in the boonies has its ups and downs I just took off on a 3-hour trip for printer ink . 40 minutes into my drive I remember I didn't change my batteries dammit man maybe if I turn it down to 40 Watts it'll make it till I get back home LOL

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Does your device have a pass-through mode?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh no! :eek: ... got a cell phone charger with you maybe?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
LOL nope no pass through I used to keep spare batteries in the car but they would sit so long they would discharge because I'm pretty on top of it normally that and usually the wifey is with me and I'll steal her vape I guess low power is better then no power

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL nope no pass through I used to keep spare batteries in the car but they would sit so long they would discharge because I'm pretty on top of it normally that and usually the wifey is with me and I'll steal her vape I guess low power is better then no power

If you have a cheap mod you do not use but has onboard charging. Keep it in the car to use as an emergency mod/charger.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an adapter to take cigaetter lighter 12v dc and covert to 120v a.c. then plug my charger in it. I have a cheap 1 bay charger in the car at all times and usually carry at least one spare battery in plastic container in my pocket. If only I could remember my bottle of juice. I switched to squonking for driving and keep forgetting to check the damn bottle lol. I live in a mildly remote area that all we have is either gas station juice *yuck* or $50 30ml bottles at a shop far away. I do diy but forget the bottle and keeping in the car is a bad idea lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can also get 1 cell chargers that are powered by USB cable.

Like this.
amazon.com/XTAR-MC1-Battery-Charger-Single/dp/B00IZQRC34

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yesterday remembered spare batteries, then forgot to grab mod! Luckily I'm believer in backups for backups.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have an adapter to take cigaetter lighter 12v dc and covert to 120v a.c. then plug my charger in it. I have a cheap 1 bay charger in the car at all times and usually carry at least one spare battery in plastic container in my pocket. If only I could remember my bottle of juice. I switched to squonking for driving and keep forgetting to check the damn bottle lol. I live in a mildly remote area that all we have is either gas station juice *yuck* or $50 30ml bottles at a shop far away. I do diy but forget the bottle and keeping in the car is a bad idea lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Almost bought a little cheap Vape at Walmart but I decided not to give them my money about an hour from home I should be okay my batteries did die about 30 minutes ago though. Been thinking about a squonk for work don't want to spend a fortune though on a single battery mod. Anyone have any experience with that new dripbox 160. Seems like it'd be okay for a spare in the car or for work

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Almost bought a little cheap Vape at Walmart but I decided not to give them my money about an hour from home I should be okay my batteries did die about 30 minutes ago though. Been thinking about a squonk for work don't want to spend a fortune though on a single battery mod. Anyone have any experience with that new dripbox 160. Seems like it'd be okay for a spare in the car or for work

I recommended the Dripbox 160 to a friend of mine based on the great performance of my Dripbox 80 and everytime we talk, he thanks me for the recommendation.

When I know that I am going to be on the road for a few hours, I am usually pretty good about making sure that when I leave the house that my mod has a fully charged battery and that I have at least one extra battery in my pocket (inside an old pill bottle) and extra E-Liquid.

But then there are times when I have just plain forgotten and I can just plug in my Dripbox while I drive using my cell phone charger.

I also find that if I am driving for an hour or more while using is as a passthrough, when I get to my destination, the battery is fully charged.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I recommended the Dripbox 160 to a friend of mine based on the great performance of my Dripbox 80 and everytime we talk, he thanks me for the recommendation.

When I know that I am going to be on the road for a few hours, I am usually pretty good about making sure that when I leave the house that my mod has a fully charged battery and that I have at least one extra battery in my pocket (inside an old pill bottle) and extra E-Liquid.

But then there are times when I have just plain forgotten and I can just plug in my Dripbox while I drive using my cell phone charger.

I also find that if I am driving for an hour or more while using is as a passthrough, when I get to my destination, the battery is fully charged.
Thank you sir think I'll pull the trigger on a couple when I get home. I know mama will want one to

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you sir think I'll pull the trigger on a couple when I get home. I know mama will want one to

Biggest downside to the 160 (besides crap stock attie) is that the 510 is not adjustable

I like the Geekvape Gbox better - you can still find them in stock here and there

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Biggest downside to the 160 (besides crap stock attie) is that the 510 is not adjustable

I like the Geekvape Gbox better - you can still find them in stock here and there
Yep but I like the price on the Dripbox better.
And so far all attys I tried work on the Dripbox.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

You may want to purchase some extra sqounk bottles and RDA heads when you order the mods.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just walked in the door .... batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh how I missed you haha. the drip box looks more available the only thing I worry about is Ive hated every kanger tank I've owned lol. but hopefully the device is better than the old tanks I remember right? lol Ive been wanting a squonk so the kanger will at least get me familiar for the style and see if I want to get a nicer one someday. Im still going to dig around and see what I can find, its not such an emergency now that Im home hahahahaa I have some new criteria on my list like pass through and USB charging. all my mods are kinda old back when the only real pass through stuff were those inokin or whatever the heck it is. I really need to update with 2017 already

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just walked in the door .... batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh how I missed you haha. the drip box looks more available the only thing I worry about is Ive hated every kanger tank I've owned lol. but hopefully the device is better than the old tanks I remember right? lol Ive been wanting a squonk so the kanger will at least get me familiar for the style and see if I want to get a nicer one someday. Im still going to dig around and see what I can find, its not such an emergency now that Im home hahahahaa I have some new criteria on my list like pass through and USB charging. all my mods are kinda old back when the only real pass through stuff were those inokin or whatever the heck it is. I really need to update with 2017 already
The atty that comes with the Kanger kinda sucks, esp with the 'factory' coils.
Vapes nice with duals built up at the top of the posts even with the air slots though.
I build spaced 3mm id 25 ga SS coils that work out to 2.3-.25 ohms.
Works great in TC mode in the Dripbox 160.
I use the same build/ atty on my coppervapes too.

I actually like them better than my Goon clones.

VU Sponsors