Become a Patron!

Damn Vape Dread BF RDA

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've seen a couple reviews for the Damn Vape Dread BF RDA. It looks like my kind of RDA. Big clouds, decent flavor, unusual coils and unusual style deck. It is designed to use stovetop coils but you can use regular coils if you want to. The kit also comes with a tool to make the stovetop coils. I will change out the 510 pin and use it as a dripper. Just wondering if anyone has one yet and what are your thought?
When I find that shinyitis bug I'm going to smash it's guts out!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well I got my Dread RDA today. I started with the tool to build the coils. I used SS316L 24g wire. I did 5 wraps and it came out to .15 ohms dual coils. The tool was very easy to use. Put in the wire and spin. Perfect stovetop coils. Installing the coils the first time was a bit of a PITA but it wasn't really bad if you have any experience and I'm sure it will get easier with practice. DJLSB Vapes has a good video for trimming the coil legs. When I put the coils in I loosely tightened the screws then used a pair of tweezers to position the coils and finally tightened the screws. Dry burned the coils and they looked liked an old electric stove. VERY COOL! Now the tricky part. Wicking. I got it right after a couple tries. You have to use alot of cotton or rayon. I put the cotton underneath the coil then wrapped it over the top of the horizontal leg then tucked it back under the leg. I used some of my DIY Butterscotch Birthday Cake ejuice. I have it on my Dovpo VEE mod at 4.0 volts. Airflow wide open. It is an airy draw that makes some big dense clouds. The flavor is good but nothing to write home about. I would say 7 out of 10. I'll play with it some more but first impression is it's kinda cool and definitely different.

VU Sponsors