The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not touching that one...:huh:
Umm the burned word....
Yes poor wording but....
Should have said something like organic that is black after being burned?
Pretty much anything organic is black after being burned.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/5375600

So this shit is for sale on fasttech now.:facepalm:

Look, I see like 1000 people in the comment section saying this shit is either not healthy or a stupid idea and then there is ONE lonely member on there arguing with every one of them.

So @skoony should I call you Lucifer_Dreams now?

Also notice it's $11.39 for 8.3 grams but you can get the shit for what it is actually supposed to be used for here for 2 bucks an ounce.

So, nearly 4 times as much for nearly 6 times less money:

https://www.yarnorama.com/collections/man-made-fibers/products/carbonized-bamboo

I can't wait for the fasttech reviews to roll in for this shit (from the 3 or 4 people stupid enough to buy it:giggle:)
and the tragedy is that sometimes there isn't even one, there should be no regulatory body for vape. vape industry is the closest thing in america to a free self regulated market and needs to be an example for other markets. I'm probably the longest time vaper on this website and I remember when the FDA was in an all out war with vape coming out with false study after false study trying to smash the industry before most americans knew about it, they saw it as a threat to big tobacco, the government makes tens of billions every year from tobacco. pharmaceutical companies and the medical industry makes more. even the lung health and anti cancer organizations make unbelievable amounts due to the use of tobacco... regulatory bodies are bad for industries and bad for general populations. if the fda had it's way, no one, NO ONE would have the freedom to vape... i would still smoke cigarettes and my family would have me for a shorter time... if the FDA was forced out of vape... we wouldn't have big tobacco owned vape companies at walmart and other major retailers. remember it wasn't FDA regulation that made organic unbleached cotton the standard for any self respecting vaper it was the enthusiasts. the FDA would rather see us use the silica of the pre-made coils. I would rather people have the freedom to use something like dark cotton then have silica pushed on us or vape to be outlawed altogether. but i guess you're probably right, people are idiots and they shouldn't be given more reasons to educate themselves and empower themselves by saying give us better products! The FDA just makes it so that the people say it's the governments job and if they say it's safe then that's good enough and they say it's bad than i won't use it. bye bye vape!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and the tragedy is that sometimes there isn't even one, there should be no regulatory body for vape. vape industry is the closest thing in america to a free self regulated market and needs to be an example for other markets. I'm probably the longest time vaper on this website and I remember when the FDA was in an all out war with vape coming out with false study after false study trying to smash the industry before most americans knew about it, they saw it as a threat to big tobacco, the government makes tens of billions every year from tobacco. pharmaceutical companies and the medical industry makes more. even the lung health and anti cancer organizations make unbelievable amounts due to the use of tobacco... regulatory bodies are bad for industries and bad for general populations. if the fda had it's way, no one, NO ONE would have the freedom to vape... i would still smoke cigarettes and my family would have me for a shorter time... if the FDA was forced out of vape... we wouldn't have big tobacco owned vape companies at walmart and other major retailers. remember it wasn't FDA regulation that made organic unbleached cotton the standard for any self respecting vaper it was the enthusiasts. the FDA would rather see us use the silica of the pre-made coils. I would rather people have the freedom to use something like dark cotton then have silica pushed on us or vape to be outlawed altogether. but i guess you're probably right, people are idiots and they shouldn't be given more reasons to educate themselves and empower themselves by saying give us better products! The FDA just makes it so that the people say it's the governments job and if they say it's safe then that's good enough and they say it's bad than i won't use it. bye bye vape!

It's called "paternalism", a/k/a "Big Nanny," and you're absolutely right; Big Nanny has encouraged Americans to be perpetual children and develop ZERO discriminatory abilities -- they don't want people THINKING, that's dangerous! :facepalm:

And yet, FDA allows food companies to use many kinds of sulfites for color preservation in foods, despite the fact that 1) sulfites could put an asthmatic into total pulmonary collapse, and 2) the numbers of asthmatics are growing all the time, and are, even now, something like 25% of the population. The reason they allow sulfites? Same reason they hate vaping: $$$. Food companies COULD use sulfur dioxide for the same purpose (color preservation), but it's some fraction of a cent more costly than sulfites, so they use the money they save to pay off the FDA. :facepalm: Big Agri is every bit as corrupt as Big Pharma.

Andria

2019 now.... I know this thread is the epitome of a dead horse but I've seen a few really big issues...

before i directly reply, i have to make note that my criticism is in no way reflecting of my opinion of your intellect or cognitive abilities...

you asked skoony to provide proof of the carbon cotton's safety...
Yeah, talk about a blast from the past. And that's very sweet of you.

That was an sarcastic hypothetical question, and a criticism aimed at Dark Cotton (the people). Early on in the conversation where Dark Cotton dropped in, they claimed the product was "safe", and had supposedly been developed with a university team or whatever the story was. I'm too lazy to re-read the whole thing right now, so I may be slightly paraphrasing their pitch. I'm fairly convinced they were lying about the research bit.

My principle concern is bad actors jumping into the industry, marketing suspicious products just to make a buck. You mention the FDA having no business messing with us and I agree. Fair or not, we have targets on our backs as vapers and when I'm concerned that someone's peddling a line of bunk that may give politicians and regulatory agencies another excuse to point and say, "See? This is horrible dangerous. Someone think of the children!" I'm going to pipe up. They scoff at the harm reduction to smokers.

Someone can look at how I did it years later and worry that I was overzealous. Maybe I was, though I don't think so. Not in a case where I'm dealing with liars.

VU Sponsors