Become a Patron!

Dark Horse Mini

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
https://m.fasttech.com/product/2290001-mini-dark-horse-v2-styled-rda-rebuildable

Mine just came in this afternoon! I may not get to build it until Sunday because of work (arg) but it looks super cool.

Anyone else have one or getting one? I might start out with some simple 26ga duals at about 0.6 ohm and see what kind of flavor it has.

I haven't got to inspect it much but I really like how much you get for the cost. 2 drip tips, 4 rings etc. So far I'm happy. We'll see how she vapes!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just had to sneak a peek and I think I'm really gonna like this little guy. The o-rings for the top cap feel great. Not too loose (like my mutationx1) or too tight (like my mutationx2).

Tightening down the top ring locks the AFC ring into place which is neat. The wide open draw feels good. Not too open, there's still a little resistance. The build deck looks good too.

Dasbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post photos please! (Specially with the silver airflow ring and the white wide top cap), I bought one too and it's on the way.
How is the flavor?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here ya go bud. I am sitting here trying to decide what coils to wrap for it. I'll post back once I vape it.

20150515_203116-1.jpg

Dasbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn dude, that looks pretty beautiful to me, love the finish, but the drip tip seems a little large too.
Did you build it yet?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn dude, that looks pretty beautiful to me, love the finish, but the drip tip seems a little large too.
Did you build it yet?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Thanks and I'm digging it so far.

Yeah the wide DT is nuts. Here's how I started out. I'm not sure I'll use either of the DTs that came w it very often. Wrapped some 26ga parallels, 1/8" 6 wraps, 0.21 ohms. Had the 2 larger holes open. Good draw, pretty hot and good flavor. Wicked w rayon (2nd time ever) and using a juice that I'm not familiar with but I'm happy so far. I'll try my usual wick and a more familiar juice soon. Super unscientific 1st run, I know.

20150515_210704-1.jpg

Here's a group shot for size comparison next to a stillare/stingray X and a Arctic tank on a SMPL. Nice little rig to hold and vape! Probably will rebuild w 24ga duals and shiseido wick for a more tame vape. The 26ga parallels are pretty hot for me in this size atty.

20150515_210645-1.jpg

Dasbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't wait to get mine too, I'll post some photos as soon I get it.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome. I rebuilt it night before last w 24ga spaced coils 1/8" 6 wrap at 0.27 ohms. Wicked it w sheseido this time. I'm liking this build w the 2 smallest air holes over the split openings.

One drawback to having this many AFC options is that you can't fully utilize them. I haven't messed with it a lot but it looks like closing it all the way down in single coil mode starts to expose other holes.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I forgot to mention that the top cap o-rings are good when dry but once juice is introduced they are a little loose for my liking. I'll be scrounging up some slightly bigger ones.

VU Sponsors