Become a Patron!

Day 10 of my vape tongue torment...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone feels the need to question my old ass. My English is passible thru 6 professors. Lets party.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
OIC, that was directed at me...
No dude, I'm contributing to the conversation. Vaper's tongue has more than one remedy.
Your English ain't got nuthing to do with this,
Like you, this old guy has a bit experience and like you I'm sharing it.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hade a bad 48 hours. Ignore me. Fuckin Bike gave me an oil bath on the freeway. Got the wrong oil line. I would bite a parking stop if it looked at me funny, sorry.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hade a bad 48 hours. Ignore me. Fuckin Bike gave me an oil bath on the freeway. Got the wrong oil line. I would bite a parking stop if it looked at me funny, sorry.
Cool. Me too. Not the fucking oil line but I feel your pain.
Mine was the IRS and some legal and money shit I won't get into.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cope with it all. Bambi asks if my bike is broken down. No I'm sunning myself.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cope with it all. Bambi asks if my bike is broken down. No I'm sunning myself.

Yea, the stuff all over ya is sun tan lotion..
I'm just gonna cut a record for mine and never speak again.

Time to see the sandman. later

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks again for all the replies, guys. For me, it was basically spending a night just vaping unflavored. That began the "recovery." Even now that its been several days since i've had my taste back, I still start every vape session with 2-5 puffs of unflavored. Basically because im hoping it doesn't come back and Im paranoid.

And Ive had a couple chuckles at how Saddle was misunderstanding Hazyshades' replies and getting more and more defensive. :p

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks again for all the replies, guys. For me, it was basically spending a night just vaping unflavored. That began the "recovery." Even now that its been several days since i've had my taste back, I still start every vape session with 2-5 puffs of unflavored. Basically because im hoping it doesn't come back and Im paranoid.

And Ive had a couple chuckles at how Saddle was misunderstanding Hazyshades' replies and getting more and more defensive. :p
I'm glad you got a laugh..Yeah, Saddletramp's been having crap happen
and so have I..I was WTF!? Picture a couple of old dudes going at each other
'cause we're both pissed at life.
I'm getting my BS taken care of, hopefully Saddletramp got his bike back together
w/o having to rebuild his crankshaft.

John, try less flavoring in your DIY...hope you get over that soon.
Regards,
Hazy

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool. Me too. Not the fucking oil line but I feel your pain.
Mine was the IRS and some legal and money shit I won't get into.
Fuck the IRS and state revenue tax agents.
Bunch of corrupt assholes that need investigated, nothing like ultimate power to money grab and no accountability.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck the IRS and state revenue tax agents.
Bunch of corrupt assholes that need investigated, nothing like ultimate power to money grab and no accountability.
You'll get no argument from me there...I could tell you shit
but why raise my blood pressure..LOL.

Let's just say taxation w/o representation

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with a little identity theft thrown in for good measure courtesy of USPS, the other civil servants who don't know it.

CaptNutz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Happy Monday everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know it seems silly to most people, but I am going through 9-10 days so far of vape tongue and it's really bummed me out. I know, there is hunger in the world, war etc...but in my little bubble I call my life, vaping the many flavors i have is one of my favorite little sources of everyday joy. And I can barely taste them.

Some days it's 50% flavor...some days I can't taste anything. Can't taste my DIY creations, my NET tobacco juices...nothing.

The past couple days I've tried to stick to vaping exclusively unflavored juice to try to reset my nose. And I don't have any misguided ideas -- it's the nose at play here, not the tongue. Olfactory fatigue. And it's pissing me off to no end! :mad::(:eek:

Can anyone who has had multi-day or multi-week vape tongue tell me what, if anything, helped you get over it? Is it a day or two of JUST unflavored juice vaping?

The typical "solutions" online really tend to focus on the completely wrong body part and suggest mouthwash, coffee grounds etc. So I think it's just TIME...but it's so aggravating.
I signed up for this website for answers. I vaped for 2 years no problems with 2 different juices and sometimes only one and never had vapor tongue. Well unfortunately I’ve had it for 6 months now off and on but mostly on and to the point where it hurts bad. I take care of my mouth/body but might be giving up vaping for a bit and going on the patch

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I signed up for this website for answers. I vaped for 2 years no problems with 2 different juices and sometimes only one and never had vapor tongue. Well unfortunately I’ve had it for 6 months now off and on but mostly on and to the point where it hurts bad. I take care of my mouth/body but might be giving up vaping for a bit and going on the patch
Drink more water i would say. Also get some ginger to clean your palette

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the record the only solution for me was vaping unflavored. One day it was all unflavored. Next day it was mostly UF. Then I gradually worked the regulars back in. It took a few days for full recovery, but it all started when I committed totally to vaping unflavored for one whole day at least.

VU Sponsors