Become a Patron!

Dazed Vaping & Confused In Oregon

iflybye68

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Kanger mini tank on my Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 with led read out. My question is I use 0.5 ohm coils for my tank, but on my read out it will say anywhere between 6.1 and 6.7 and I'm only Vaping at 28.5 watts. Why is this? Thanks happy to know that help is near!! Happy holidays!!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple of things, first the ohm reader on most Mods really isn't all that accurate. They generally do a good job of getting it in the general ball park though. Second the coils themselves, same thing there. They get it in the general ball park so the 0.1 - 0.2 discrepancy would be a combination of the two, the Mod and the Coil.

Nothing to worry about, unless your 0.5 coil was showing significantly like 0.9 or 0.2 or something

iflybye68

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great thanks for the quick response and for the info I feel much better now.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem, sometimes you will get a really off reading. When that happens here are things to check

• Clean the 510 connection
  • Look for loose connections
  • Check the tank itself on an Ohm Reader or another Mod

Don't over tighten, just make sure things are snug. Also a dedicated Ohm Reader is very, very handy and useful to have. They're inexpensive and IMO are an essential tool to have for a Vaper. Be aware there are crap ones out there so I very highly recommend getting one from USA Ohm Meter, they're made here in the U.S. and are the most accurate Ohm Readers out there.

http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com/Standard-Ohm-Meters_c2.htm

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Couple of things, first the ohm reader on most Mods really isn't all that accurate. They generally do a good job of getting it in the general ball park though. Second the coils themselves, same thing there. They get it in the general ball park so the 0.1 - 0.2 discrepancy would be a combination of the two, the Mod and the Coil.

Nothing to worry about, unless your 0.5 coil was showing significantly like 0.9 or 0.2 or something
If i read his response right the resistance should be .5 but is reading 6.1-6.7 thats way off. something sounds wrong.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Almost every Kanger mini 0.5 ohm coil I've ever used(probably near 100) has read at least 0.6.

VU Sponsors