Become a Patron!

Dead Rabbit Solo RTA

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

Hellvape releasing a single-coil version of the Dead Rabbit RTA V3 was a no-brainer and very welcome, as the dual-coil V3 is one of their best recent atomizers.

DSC03030.JPG

Product overview

The Dead Rabbit Solo RTA is a 24mm top-to-bottom/side airflow RTA, with a postless deck and 2/4ml juice capacity.

DSC03027.jpg

What do you get?
  • Dead Rabbit Solo RTA (fitted with 2ml straight glass)
  • 4ml bubble glass
  • Accessories/spares
No cotton/coils doesn’t bother me that much, but I would have liked to have seen something extra in the box.

First impressions

Initially, I was expecting a shrunken version of the Dead Rabbit 3 RTA, but after unscrewing the deck, I was met with a postless deck with under-coil airflow and honeycomb airflow on the inner chamber, so it’s more like a combination of the Dead Rabbit 2 and 3 RTAs.

Aesthetically, it’s very much in line with recent Dead Rabbit atomizers with chunky ridges on the AFC ring and base, where it differs is that it’s slide-to-fill, rather than the more common quarter-turn setup.

There are no build quality issues, everything screws in smoothly and feels good.

DSC03036.JPG

Build

Getting the coil in the deck is simple, pre-cut the leads and drop it in, align and secure it. However, due the lack of a coil measuring tool, the lead length is up to you; 4mm worked well for me.

There’s more than enough room for a 3.5mm coil, if you decide to go with a larger coil, then I’d recommend trying 5mm coil leads.

DSC03038.JPG

Wicking is very simple, cut the wicks just outside of the base, thin/fluff them and put them in the wicking ports. It’s very forgiving with wicking, I’ve experienced no dryness or deck flooding with numerous builds.

DSC03042.JPG

How does it perform?
  • 3.0mm dual-core fused clapton at 0.31ohm - this build worked well from 40-55w with airflow fully open. It gives a very saturated and flavorful vape, very much in line with something like the Blaze Solo RTA. Vapor production is good once you get over 50w and the flavor is crisp and accurate with fruit/pastry/cream juices.
Overall, this RTA is up there with the best single-coil RTAs for performance.

Airflow

The airflow is slightly restrictive, but very much in line with single-coil direct lung RTAs.

Conclusion

The only issue I can find with this RTA is that someone new to RTAs might struggle to choose a suitable coil and get confused with coil lead length.

When it comes to ease of use and performance, this is an excellent RTA that I’d be very happy to use on a daily basis.

Disclaimer

The Dead Rabbit Solo RTA was provided for the purposes of this review by Hellvape.

VU Sponsors