Become a Patron!

Dear 2018, Here's The Mod I'm Looking For You To Bring

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2018, I hope you are the one I've been waiting on. Your predecessor, 2017, was all flash and promises but never delivered on them.

First, you have to promise that the mod you're going to bring will be a solid one. No weird battery doors, no flimsy buttons, no doorbell wire, no chalk masquerading as paint, and forget about animal hide as a finish. No, not even the skin of a Nauga.

I've had my fling with different batteries. Let's just keep with a pair of 18650s.

I know that technology is all the rage what with internet doorbells, drones and such. But, really, let's keep the OLED touchscreens and LED lightshows confined to CES or some such. Just provide me a nice display with the info I need on it. No speedometer, thermometer, clocks, etc. As long as we're talking, a menu that makes sense and is easy to use.

The shape/style, you ask? I have zero feelings for a box. I tell you a few that I have liked the feel of and you just go ahead and surprise me you sweet talker you.
I've enjoyed the Tesla Wye, nice grippy finish, good weight, nice to hold. Pity that it just barely misses on the 30mm Plus.
The Aspire Speeder, looks great, fits my hand like a glove, like the fire button, lever.
Vaporesso Revenger X, just barely larger than the batteries it holds. Rounded off, not curved exactly, wonderful centered 510.
So, there's a few I liked 2018, just remember the mod you bring has to hold a 30mm mod without overhang.

510? Did I mention you have to have a good 510 centered on the mod?

As for a chip, I've got quite the list for you 2018, quite the list.

Auto wattage. In both TC and wattage mode. I had this for a short time and was really taken with it.
Accurate resistance reading. Key here is, accurate. How many mods have I relegated to the shelf because they would not read true resistance and also had no way to adjust their faulty reading.
Accurate TC. Enough said.
TCR settings that use 'standard' TCR values. Don't cut corners by limiting the values to 200-400 either.
Curves, lots of curves! Wattage, temperature, combined, and make them very granular.
Settings, let's splurge, what the heck. Make wattage adjustable in 1W increments. If someone really wants 9.2 watts, let them get their own year to bring them a mod. And make temp adjustable in 5 degrees increments.
Since you are going to bring me a svelte dual battery mod, it should adjust (wattage and TC modes) from 1-170W. I'll never actually use the 170W and my batteries may not support it. But it looks good on the box.

Oh, 2018, you are shiny and new. Full of hope and promise. Don't let me down like all the other years. Show me you're different. Bring me the mod of my dreams!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And I still want a Pony!

And my chances are better as what you are asking for makes too much damn sense:D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just give me a nice simple PWM mod with a battery reading that dont cost $100-300

VU Sponsors