Become a Patron!

Decisions, decisions

So I'm fairly new to vaping. I started out with a KangerTech Sub box nano that did me well until I dropped it one too many times and now the screen is on the fritz and it only works when it wants too.

So I'm looking at a couple of box mods right meow and what I am having a hard time deciding between is the SMOK Micro One 80 Watt TC TFV4 and the WULF 60W TC BOX MOD as well as the Vaporesso Target VTC 75W MOD. Based on price and features I am leaning toward the SMOK, but was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations to make. I prefer tanks to dripping, and I would like to have more control over the wattage and temp.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
joyetech vtc mini
eleaf istick100tc

both have upgradeable firmware and offer tc in for nickle. titanium or stainless steel

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whats the benefit of having it with "upgradeable firmware" vs not having that feature?
When I got my VTC mini, it was a 60w mod. The first upgrade took it to 75w. The next upgrade dealt more with the TC features of it. Instead of having to buy something new, more powerful or with more bells and whistles, you get to upgrade the mod you have. Kinda nice, though I haven't done the most recent one. I don't use the TC feature.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Exactly what @Huckleberried said. When they put out a new feature or need to fix an oversight, you can upgrade the board instead of having to replace the mod.
the sxmini m class, did not offere temp limiting with stainless steel or give you the option of programming a tcr curve. When stainless steel got popular they put out an update, giving the mod that ability and making it more powerful Additionallty they added some other features in other updates. Its keeping the mod relevan without another investment

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Joyetech e-Vic VTC mini and LOVE it. I use it with my Heracles and Arctic tanks at around 50w (seems to be my sweet spot). never an issue, very happy with it.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I agree with everyone else but i have been hearing great things about those ceramic coils with the Target. I have some buds that swear by those coils now. Might be worth another look but you cant go wrong with the others. You may even take a look at the Cuboid as well. There is also a new Innokin mod about to come out called the Coolfire4 Plus TC100. I have the 70w non TC version and its my go to mod right now. Just feels good in the hand.

VU Sponsors