Become a Patron!

Deeks' berry Custard

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just another quick and easy custard recipe, I've been on a sick custard run for the better part of the year and am constantly messing with different custard based recipes. This one is pretty simple, surprisingly tasty as a shake and vape and will only get better over time!

Capella - Vanilla Custard V1 - 9% (V2 could probably be used but might not be as good shake n vape)
Capella - Sweet Strawberry - 4%
FlavourArt - Strawberry - 2%
FlavourArt - Cookie - 0.5% (or 1% INW Biscuit, TRY IT)
FlavourArt - Vanilla Classic - 0.5%

I mixed this at 80vg/20pg and like I mentioned above is very solid as a shake and vape. I'm digging the sweetness the high VG adds and haven't actually adjusted below that while experimenting. The FA Strawberry really plays well with the Caps strawberry and cuts down the kind of artificial taste of the Caps. The small amount of cookie gives it a bit of crispness on the exhale which I'm really digging as well. Going to be extremely hard to steep lol :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Deeks, I have the same custard base fetish. Have used both Cap V1 an V2. Since I know I love custard as a base I'll mix up a liter of custard and let it steep while I am taking little bits off for different recipes, I like custard usually between 10 and 15% if using it as a mixer. I can do either version of Cap's at 17% single flavor as an all day vape. Definitely going to try your recipe.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just another quick and easy custard recipe, I've been on a sick custard run for the better part of the year and am constantly messing with different custard based recipes. This one is pretty simple, surprisingly tasty as a shake and vape and will only get better over time!

Capella - Vanilla Custard V1 - 9% (V2 could probably be used but might not be as good shake n vape)
Capella - Sweet Strawberry - 4%
FlavourArt - Strawberry - 2%
FlavourArt - Cookie - 0.5%
FlavourArt - Vanilla Classic - 0.5%

I mixed this at 80vg/20pg and like I mentioned above is very solid as a shake and vape. I'm digging the sweetness the high VG adds and haven't actually adjusted below that while experimenting. The FA Strawberry really plays well with the Caps strawberry and cuts down the kind of artificial taste of the Caps. The small amount of cookie gives it a bit of crispness on the exhale which I'm really digging as well. Going to be extremely hard to steep lol :)

Enjoy!
Hey man, and if you use only FA strawebery? Im asking because I find CAP SS too artificial

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Deeks, I have the same custard base fetish. Have used both Cap V1 an V2. Since I know I love custard as a base I'll mix up a liter of custard and let it steep while I am taking little bits off for different recipes, I like custard usually between 10 and 15% if using it as a mixer. I can do either version of Cap's at 17% single flavor as an all day vape. Definitely going to try your recipe.
'I'll mix up a liter of custard '. OMG!!

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Skeene, LOL I think custard improves greatly after a long steep. I average between 15- 30 in ml a day. I've got another 500 ml of buttered pop corn/caramel/peanut butter steeping as well. Friend owns a vape shop, and I'll trade a little for a couple of things that are a pain to make. Betty is a great girl, but she is difficult. I try and only order stuff to mix once a month, It's as easy to mix a liter as it is a 10ml bottle, if you've made the recipe a few times. You guys are gonna give me a complex about how much juice is in the closet.

Last edited:

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man, and if you use only FA strawebery? Im asking because I find CAP SS too artificial

Here's my feeling on just FA Strawberry. I like it a lot and dont get me wrong but its almost too "real" tasting to me if that makes sense lol, I almost crave a hint of the artificial sweetness in the strawberry as a vape, but I also completely agree that SS is a little too artificial so I found a happy medium and mix generally 2 parts to 1 CAP SS/FA strawberry. That being said I find 2% as a max when combining them.

Edit: to actually answer your question though I wouldnt go over 3% on the FA Strawberry if your going to cut out the Caps SS completely. :)

Last edited:

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Skeene, LOL I think custard improves greatly after a long steep. I average between 15- 30 in ml a day. I've got another 500 ml of buttered pop corn/caramel/peanut butter steeping as well. Friend owns a vape shop, and I'll trade a little for a couple of things that are a pain to make. Betty is a great girl, but she is difficult. I try and only order stuff to mix once a month, It's as easy to mix a liter as it is a 10ml bottle, if you've made the recipe a few times. You guys are gonna give me a complex about how much juice is in the closet.
if anything, I'm a little envious. I never seem to have more than a few hundred ml's total steeping

Last edited:

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have so many different custards steeping that Im too ashamed to count how many mls it actually is lol. I know for sure 300+ mls of Game Over, plus many many of my own creations. If I had to guess its gotta be over 1000mls total. Couple different caramel custards, bunch of vanilla custards and now Im adding to it with the fruit custard yikes o_O

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deeks Thanks for sharing. If I want to make Blueberry custard which flavor(s) will be best to do the job? I have following blueberry flavors

Bilberry - FA
Blueberry - FW
Blueberry - TPA
Blueberry Extra - TPA
Blueberry Wild - TPA
Blueberry Concentrate - Inawera

Could anyone help me please. Thanks a lot in advance :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@Deeks Thanks for sharing. If I want to make Blueberry custard which flavor(s) will be best to do the job? I have following blueberry flavors

Bilberry - FA
Blueberry - FW
Blueberry - TPA
Blueberry Extra - TPA
Blueberry Wild - TPA

I have had incredibly great success with FW blueberry at 5% in mixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Bilberry - FA
Blueberry - FW
Blueberry - TPA
Blueberry Extra - TPA
Blueberry Wild - TPA

You can also mix TFA Blueberry Wild with FW Blueberry 1/1 ratio.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deeks Yesterday made 10ml test batch, this is awesome recipe. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I am new to DIY ocean so could you please tell us how do you experts know that this recipe is Vape and Shake or what flavors will be vape and shake? Thanks

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deeks Yesterday made 10ml test batch, this is awesome recipe. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I am new to DIY ocean so could you please tell us how do you experts know that this recipe is Vape and Shake or what flavors will be vape and shake? Thanks

My pleasure! Glad you are enjoying it. As far as shake and vapes it really comes down to what you prefer. Creams and custards tend to need some steeping time for everything to meld together but its really about what vapes the best for you. I always test my mixes as shake and vapes, if they taste perfumey or a bit "strong" then I know they need some steeping time.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just whipped up a couple 30 mls of this. I only have V2 Custard so it's going into the cabinet for a couple weeks. Can't wait to try it!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just whipped up a couple 30 mls of this. I only have V2 Custard so it's going into the cabinet for a couple weeks. Can't wait to try it!

Let me know how it does! I have some v2 to use up but have become stuck on the v1 for quite a torrid run here lately :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably worth mentioning and I should have said it in my original post. But I do mix by weight and when it comes to the flavorings I always assign it a 1:1 conversion from ML's to Grams. So if you plug those percentages into something like steam engine then just use that number as your grams if you mix by weight as well. I know its not an exact science but it works for me! I do however, still calculate out the VG/PG/Nic based on their actual weight.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay Mr Deeks - I made this and let it steep for 2 days. It is BY FAR the best strawberry custard I have EVER had!
Thanks!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay Mr Deeks - I made this and let it steep for 2 days. It is BY FAR the best strawberry custard I have EVER had!
Thanks!

Appreciate that! I was pretty pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out to be honest. I havent been able to put this down since I posted the recipe :) I usually change it up at least a couple times a week but I cannot stop vaping this and its getting even better as time passes!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may just wanna try it with Game Over next time (Yes, there WILL be a next time :D) I make this. I've got 30ml now, which should last me a 3 or 4 days.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
deeks! just made this strawberry custard, after getting my caps sweet strawberry in the mail, i like this custard, ive made so many different combinations of custards using v1 vc, but the way you have used the fa strawberry and the caps sweet strawberry go very well together! thanks for sharing!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this today, changed the name to honor the creator, and noticed the sign in the background on the computer after I took the pic....was gonna crop it, but decided it was fitting here....HA!....;):D

gbKIZYk.jpg

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Teresa P @Deeks How long you guys recommend steep time for this recipe?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I generally have zero patience and this is actually pretty good after a mix and shake but now, after just over a week, everything really smoothed out and its very good. I noticed fresh the FA Cookie is a little more "crisp" which I really like but has now blended in as a nice little extra note. I just mixed 500mls of this on Saturday so Im going to do some extended steep time and see what happens! Definitely will report back.

Im really glad so many people are enjoying this! It really is a simple recipe and doesnt require many ingredients which is a nice added bonus.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not a big fan of Caps vc, but will try it this way before I copy CrazyChefs idea to try it with GOC. Or, better yet, mix one of each when I get to it. :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My original post I up like an hour after mixing it and even at that point I was surprised at how much I liked it. In my limited experience the CAP Custard would usually need some actual steep time but this simple mix really did surprise me as a shake and vape which I mentioned in my original post. The secret seems to be FA Cookie which kind of ties it all together.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a big fan of Caps vc, but will try it this way before I copy CrazyChefs idea to try it with GOC. Or, better yet, mix one of each when I get to it. :)

Im right there with you. I did try some GOC in a small batch but that was one of my first tries and it was good but for some reason Im digging this over the game over combo. I tried 7% GOC as a base and like I said it was good but almost too much game over goodness if thats possible lol. On a side note Im a huge GOC straight up kind of dude! I felt like I was taking away from the GOC awesomeness mixing it with the rest of the ingredients I listed.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know this may be disturbing to some, but I haven't fallen in love with GOC. Admitted though, I have only tried it mixed @ 14%. I need to go lower % I think. I have some I've been steeping for over a month now, it's O.K., but not thrilling to me. I see it as an additive in most cases for me.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this may be disturbing to some, but I haven't fallen in love with GOC. Admitted though, I have only tried it mixed @ 14%. I need to go lower % I think. I have some I've been steeping for over a month now, it's O.K., but not thrilling to me. I see it as an additive in most cases for me.

Totally understandable. To me it sure tastes and smells like theres a decent amount of Caps Custard v1 in GOC so it could very well be that its a flavor that just doesnt jive with you. I could also be completely wrong in that assessment but I dont have enough patience to try and decode that lol. When I used to pay for ejuice my absolute favorite was Nicotickets Custards Last Stand. However, I recently tried some again and all I could really taste was extremely dominant vanilla extract. But my methods and devices have change drastically since those good old days so its kind of unfair to say one way or another my overall feelings on that one.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is why I'm excited to try your recipe. I'm determined to find a custard vape I love. I see a lot of people state how this or that custard vape is so delish, I just haven't found my delish yet. It's kinda like broccoli. On it's own, Meh, but in a casserole, or with a sauce, yum lol.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I'm excited to try your recipe. I'm determined to find a custard vape I love. I see a lot of people state how this or that custard vape is so delish, I just haven't found my delish yet. It's kinda like broccoli. On it's own, Meh, but in a casserole, or with a sauce, yum lol.

Hahaha i know exactly what you mean. This is the first non vanilla or caramel custard that hit the yum factor for me so I hope you enjoy!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd actually given up on strawberry custards - there's just so many variations of My Mom's Milk, Jimmy's Aunt's Special Pink Nipple Milk, Your Grandma's Cousins' Twice Removed Pet Unicorn's Milk, etc., etc. But I figured I'd give this a try. Again, I'm glad I did!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd actually given up on strawberry custards - there's just so many variations of My Mom's Milk, Jimmy's Aunt's Special Pink Nipple Milk, Your Grandma's Cousins' Twice Removed Pet Unicorn's Milk, etc., etc. But I figured I'd give this a try. Again, I'm glad I did!

Hahaha thats hilarious! I fell for the Unicorn Milk leak clone or whatever that whole story on that was and I made some, steeped it for a couple weeks but I just wasnt all that impressed. I never did try the actual Cuttwood Unicorn Milk but that clone or whatever just straight up gave me vapers tongue in like a day. I blame it on the high % of Caps SS and Id be lying if I said it didnt inspire me to try my own strawberry custard mix and Im dang glad I did. I believe this is day 8 of straight Deeks'berry Custard (thx @Teresa P) and no sign of Vapers tongue!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol, same here... @CrazyChef My plans were to use the GOC at the 14% mix as the 9% flavor. Is that what your doing? I can't imagine 9% flavor straight from the bottle.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
10% concentrate.

VU Sponsors