Deeks' berry Custard

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, so I'm gonna go ahead and put the GOC version in my Recipe Calculator file, make a batch, and let it steep 'til this one runs out and then try the new batch.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post up your results. I only made 10mls so like 2 full tanks in my billow v2 so I probably didnt give it enought time for fair shake!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just mixed this up n now letting it sit a few days. It does smell Devine. If I were going to use GOC in it, I would prob go 9 or 10% straight concentrate. I use that with my adv of cantaloupe and fresh cream and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this up n now letting it sit a few days. It does smell Devine. If I were going to use GOC in it, I would prob go 9 or 10% straight concentrate. I use that with my adv of cantaloupe and fresh cream and love it.

I know how much this guy likes his custards from seeing your other posts! Hope it doesnt disappoint!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I know how much this guy likes his custards from seeing your other posts! Hope it doesnt disappoint!
Indeed I am a custard fiend lolol. I've made something similar with caps v2 but it didn't tickle my buds. I have since found v1 to be my number two right behind GOC so I'm sure I will love your creation and thanks so much for sharing your hard work my friend

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Here's a clue on my custard love.... Just put some V1 into a yummy peanut butter Vape and omfg yum yum lolol. The custard just crushed this into euphoria lolol

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a clue on my custard love.... Just put some V1 into a yummy peanut butter Vape and omfg yum yum lolol. The custard just crushed this into euphoria lolol

I like your style, totally sounds like something I would do haha. I added GOC to so many weird mixes and the results did well for the most part!

Edit: Well, it made bad mixes vape-able I should say lol... I wouldn't even think to post any of those atrocities hahaha.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I like your style, totally sounds like something I would do haha. I added GOC to so many weird mixes and the results did well for the most part!

Edit: Well, it made bad mixes vape-able I should say lol... I wouldn't even think to post any of those atrocities hahaha.
I hear ya brother. GOC is like a huge bandaid for mixed gone bad lolol. And it makes good mixes incredible

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this today, changed the name to honor the creator, and noticed the sign in the background on the computer after I took the pic....was gonna crop it, but decided it was fitting here....HA!....;):D

gbKIZYk.jpg
Ready to steep....
be163b503a3492134b8eda695c97033d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
After vaping this all day, it really really reminds me of bombies agent p. Which when I was buying juice from Vape shops was my adv. Maybe it's just me but it strongly resembles agent p. Some suttle differences but wow. Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After vaping this all day, it really really reminds me of bombies agent p. Which when I was buying juice from Vape shops was my adv. Maybe it's just me but it strongly resembles agent p. Some suttle differences but wow. Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I had to look this up since I had never heard of it, the description on their site sounds pretty damn close!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Smelled mine again tonight and it smells so great. I am trying to wait it out and not break into it until a full two day steep

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can also mix TFA Blueberry Wild with FW Blueberry 1/1 ratio.
I have to agree. Tried recently to add .2% or so Bilberry (FA) and it's just not as good. Can't go wrong with FW Blue...

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Deeks Have you ever tried this recipe with FA Raspberry? I have this recipe steeping and have resisted trying it but it's smelling delicious with the v2 already. I was just wondering if you had any recommendations as to what % I should try with the FA Raspberry. It's a strong one so I'm thinking probably no more than 3 or 3.5%. Or if anyone else has tried it, all opinions welcome :)

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Raspberry Flan (custard) recipe that uses FA raspberry. I only use 1.5% because it's a fairly strong flavoring. I also wanted it to be more of a background flavor so that it wouldn't overpower the custard and caramel flavors. But 2% should be fine for your use, unless you want a strong raspberry flavor with a lighter custard background flavoring. Then go with 2.5-3%.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Raspberry Flan (custard) recipe that uses FA raspberry. I only use 1.5% because it's a fairly strong flavoring. I also wanted it to be more of a background flavor so that it wouldn't overpower the custard and caramel flavors. But 2% should be fine for your use, unless you want a strong raspberry flavor with a lighter custard background flavoring. Then go with 2.5-3%.

Thanks Chef! I'll go low. Kind of what I thought, just wanted confirmation.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I completely agree with Chef on that. 2% for the raspberry would be my max. It is a strong flavor for sure!

Im working on a version of this with peach now. The one I made last night I used FA Peach 2%, and FA White Peach at 1% but it smells super peachy strong. Probably need some serious steep time on that. Usually I test everything as a shake and vape but I was too lazy to clean out an atty so we'll see how it does tonight!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm....how do I come up with a name for that? Lol!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm....how do I come up with a name for that? Lol!

Hahaha! It may not be worthy of a name but I'll report back :)

I really like peach stuff food and drink wise but Im finding it hard to make a peach vape that I can even handle for a day. I think Ive got like 6 different kinds of peach from 4 companies and I just cant land on a combo or single flavor I can stick with :( :( Dammit I will prevail! Using both of the FA peaches have been close tho!

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You kept the same % for V1 right? Thanks for the tip

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In the original recipe, yes. In the GOC version, I used 10%.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Deeks, I have the same custard base fetish. Have used both Cap V1 an V2. Since I know I love custard as a base I'll mix up a liter of custard and let it steep while I am taking little bits off for different recipes, I like custard usually between 10 and 15% if using it as a mixer. I can do either version of Cap's at 17% single flavor as an all day vape. Definitely going to try your recipe.
@ Bucky205 I am curious what your PG/VG ratios are for the single flavor Caps Custard at 17%..........Do you mix all of your single flavors at around 17%?.......I am currently experimenting with a bunch of FA standalone mixes and they are weak at 8%.....thinking of going higher .....Can you share with me your experiences?......I got Caps Custard V2 coming in along with Caps DragonFruit and Caps Harvest Berry.....Got suggestions on standalone %s?.....I would be grateful for your input.........

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I let the GOC version steep for 6 days, and I gotta tell ya I like the CAP version better. The GOC isn't bad, but the flavors seem to harmonize better with the CAP V1.

Thats pretty much how I felt too. I really really like GOC but it didn't seem to really balance very well with the rest of the ingredients for this. Its still a good vape but I agree that the CAP version is little better :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in on this one. Next mixing session. Thanks Deekstermandude.;)

My pleasure! I still haven't been able to put it down. I like it fresh, I like it steeped so its definitely a bonus for me anyways! Fresh, the cookie and SS stand out a little bit more, after a week they both chill out quite a bit. Even though I really like the fresh cookie taste right after mixing it, it all seems to level out quite well. Also, being such an easy recipe makes me like it even more lol..

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ Bucky205 I am curious what your PG/VG ratios are for the single flavor Caps Custard at 17%..........Do you mix all of your single flavors at around 17%?.......I am currently experimenting with a bunch of FA standalone mixes and they are weak at 8%.....thinking of going higher .....Can you share with me your experiences?......I got Caps Custard V2 coming in along with Caps DragonFruit and Caps Harvest Berry.....Got suggestions on standalone %s?.....I would be grateful for your input.........

It depends on the flavor, and manufacturer. Caps V1 or V2, I like at 17% single flavor. Some flavors will knock you down at 2%, others are good at 20%. Same flavor, two different manufacturers, may taste totally different. I know from using others recipe's that I like my flavor a little stronger than many. If they are running 2.5% Fuji Apple(FA), and 5% Cinnamon Roll(FW), 1%EM. I may end up at 4/8/1.5%, this is a great Apple Muffin recipe by the way.

I usually will play with a new flavor, or recipe in a 10ml bottle. Try it before you add nicotine. If you end up pouring a 10ml bottle of VG out with a little flavor, it may be worth 10 cents, who cares. Sometimes you can correct by adding a liitle VG Nicd at your percent. If total flavor percentages get over 25% and it still taste bad, trash it, you can't save it. Good gets great afters steeping, shit will taste like steeped shit 10 days later.

Custard goes good to great steeped. You can get a rough idea on a shake-N-vape, but it will get better. Sometimes after steeping your gonna need another adjustment. If you are going to use drops to measure, count into a measuring device, how many drops of that liquid = 1 ml. 20 drops of water = 1 ml, but I have seen anywhere from 10 to 30 drops = 1 ml on flavoring, it depends on the viscosity of the flavoring. Your better off using something you can actually see .1 ml differences. You want to be able to recreate what you like. You can get a baby dosing measure for less than $3, that is graduated at .1 ml. You can also use disposable syringes, the graduations wear off really quickly on some, but they are cheap. When adjusting on a 10 ml bottle; 1 ml of flavoring = 10%, .5 ml = 5%, .25ml = 2.5%, .1ml = 1%.....So if you add .3 ml of a flavor to a 10 ml bottle, you have raised that flavor 3%.

I know this is a round-a-bout way of answering your question, Just a data dump on how I do it. Hope this helps.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update: after 2 and a half weeks steeping the original batch the biggest change for me is in the caps SS. The strawberry has totally melded into this and Im getting a decent amount of cookie which serves as almost a crust or finish for the fruity goodness inside! The custard has absorbed any artificial strawberry taste that may have been left from the SS and this stuff is great! Its so smooth and creamy with a strawberry backdrop its hard to lump it into the conventional custard but I don't know what else it could be called.

I'm glad y'all are enjoying it I know I sure am!

hound01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made something simular

Cap custard v2 15%
Fa strawberry 15%

Lovely all day vape

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The GOC version is almost gone, so I made another CAP version. This times I subbed out the Vanilla Classic @0.5% for Vanilla Bourbon @1.0%

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Made up the original recipe the other day. It's really good. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be making up more. Good recipe for sure.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The GOC version is almost gone, so I made another CAP version. This times I subbed out the Vanilla Classic @0.5% for Vanilla Bourbon @1.0%
Sounds pretty tasty! Will have to try that out next order I make :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, after 2 weeks steeping, the original recipe with V2 custard is AWESOME. Not just my opinion. It was smelling so good that I made 5 more 30 ml bottles and by the time my relatives left on Turkey day...I had NONE left! LOL Soooooo...I made a much bigger batch. Now it's just the waiting...LOL

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, after 2 weeks steeping, the original recipe with V2 custard is AWESOME. Not just my opinion. It was smelling so good that I made 5 more 30 ml bottles and by the time my relatives left on Turkey day...I had NONE left! LOL Soooooo...I made a much bigger batch. Now it's just the waiting...LOL
Right on! I think I will mix this up with the rest of my v2 that has been sitting for a couple months now :) :) Thanks for the feedback on that! Did you keep it at 9% by chance or did you change that up at all?

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right on! I think I will mix this up with the rest of my v2 that has been sitting for a couple months now :) :) Thanks for the feedback on that! Did you keep it at 9% by chance or did you change that up at all?

Just kept it at 9% as you originally posted it. Who knows, maybe you might come up with a way to tweak it, but it's good enough as is for me :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds good to me. I've used so very little of the V2 I didn't know if it was something a person would need to change percentages on or not. I'm definitely going to try this out and make a batch with the V1 at the same time. Give them like a month then do a side by side just so I know for myself! Thanks again for the feedback on it though, much appreciated :) :)

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this recipe!! Great job Deeks! I made a 30ml bottle and don't think it's going to see any steeping time! I'll be making another (bigger) batch of this next mixing session. I made it exactly as written and it's a winner in my book...exactly the kind of strawberry custard I wanted! Thanks again!!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first time I mixed this I made a 30 ml and steeped it for 2 weeks resisting temptation. OMG this is excellent! That 30 only lasted 3 days. The next batch I made a 50 ml. It should be ready for Christmas. Thanks for this recipe Deeks!

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Deeks Did your recipe and let it steep. Very tasty. I am fixing to reorder flavor and was wondering how your Caps V1/V2 test turned out? I think that V2 is good, but V1 is better.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deeks Did your recipe and let it steep. Very tasty. I am fixing to reorder flavor and was wondering how your Caps V1/V2 test turned out? I think that V2 is good, but V1 is better.

Good question, I'm just a couple days short of letting them both steep for a month! I'm thinking this weekend I will have some time after the Xmas chaos is over so I will do a side by side and report back!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Deeks.... have you tried mixing this at anything other than 80/20? I have a friend that loves it, but only uses an Atlantis tank and 80/20 is probably a little too thick for that though I haven't tried it in my Atlantis. I vape it out of my mutation and kanger sub-tank with RBA with no problem. I was just wondering if you have tried it with lower VG and if so, does it change it much?

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Deeks.... have you tried mixing this at anything other than 80/20? I have a friend that loves it, but only uses a Atlantis tank and 80/20 is probably a little too thick for that though I haven't tried it in my Atlantis. I vape it out of my mutation and kanger sub-tank with RBA with no problem. I was just wondering if you have tried it with lower VG and if so, does it change it much?
My first mix of this was 50/50 and it was outstanding. I vaped it in Bellus RTA.

VU Sponsors