Become a Patron!

Deeks' berry Custard

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think you'll be disappointed :) I've been sticking to the version with the Inawera Biscuit rather than the FA Cookie. They are both good versions, but the Biscuit version has a slight lead for my taste buds!
I have the INW Biscuit so I'll mix with that. Thanks I was trying to decide which to try first. So now I have my answer! :bunny:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used FA Lemon. Here's what I did, but I have no ideal what it will taste like till it steeps. I was actually thinking of using some INW Lemon cake(after thought).
Sugar Cookie(CAP) 5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Sicily 3%
Fresh Cream(FA) .5%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
Marshmallow(FA) .5%
I know of the FA lemon fade you speak of, so I'm hoping the FA custard will help support it.
Aaand... Damn you gopher_byrd and your brown chocolate blood!
Btw, how did this turn out? I love your Sugar Cookie. So Lemon Sugar Cookie, yum!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay! A recipe in which I can use my Vanilla Custard v2. I bought 60ml of it and didn't like. I'll give this a try tomorrow with both versions.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made 20ml of this a month ago. I used VCv1 though. Then I swapped Sweet Strawberry Cap for Strawberry Sweet Jungle Flavors because I had just gotten it. I also use Biscuit just because. I'm dripping it right now and it's smooth, slightly sweet with just a touch of vanilla. It's nicely done but I think the Cookie would be better as the Biscuit has a little bite to it. I wonder how Sugar Cookie would fare. I'll make it again with Shisha Strawberry when I get it. I"m still not impressed with my strawberry flavors. I'll try adding some Dragonfruit or Pear and see if it helps.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't made this in quite a while. Gonna mix up a 100ml batch right now.
I like it as is, but at some point in time I wanna try it with some CAPS NY Cheesecake added to it. Deeks Cheeseberry??? :D

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish Deek’s was here to comment but since the recipe was created in 2015, I wonder given the better tanks and mods if the VC percentage could come down to between 4-6%? I may try it at 5 and see what it’s like.

Any thoughts on this?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish Deek’s was here to comment but since the recipe was created in 2015, I wonder given the better tanks and mods if the VC percentage could come down to between 4-6%? I may try it at 5 and see what it’s like.

Any thoughts on this?
Personally, I've found that VCv1 is good at larger percentages with any device, but go ahead and try yours lower, YMMV.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh hey what's going on in this thread :) It is crazy how fast the time has gone.

I haven't changed this recipe a bit and I still use many Boreas tanks SS316L, 70 watts and it still holds up well in my opinion. In all honesty I haven't done any new anything for a very long time, toddler life keeps me super busy but I still mix my favorites just don't have time to expand my horizons lol.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just another quick and easy custard recipe, I've been on a sick custard run for the better part of the year and am constantly messing with different custard based recipes. This one is pretty simple, surprisingly tasty as a shake and vape and will only get better over time!

Capella - Vanilla Custard V1 - 9% (V2 could probably be used but might not be as good shake n vape)
Capella - Sweet Strawberry - 4%
FlavourArt - Strawberry - 2%
FlavourArt - Cookie - 0.5% (or 1% INW Biscuit, TRY IT)
FlavourArt - Vanilla Classic - 0.5%

I mixed this at 80vg/20pg and like I mentioned above is very solid as a shake and vape. I'm digging the sweetness the high VG adds and haven't actually adjusted below that while experimenting. The FA Strawberry really plays well with the Caps strawberry and cuts down the kind of artificial taste of the Caps. The small amount of cookie gives it a bit of crispness on the exhale which I'm really digging as well. Going to be extremely hard to steep lol :)

Enjoy!

I made this up yesterday exactly as written using the Inw biscuit and it's really good. I just don't like Caps Sweet Strawberry except a small amount for support. I'm about to mix up another version without it leaving the FA Strawberry the same @ 2% and adding 1% TFA Strawberry ripe and see how that works for my particular taste. I'll let you know if it works or not.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh hey what's going on in this thread :) It is crazy how fast the time has gone.

I haven't changed this recipe a bit and I still use many Boreas tanks SS316L, 70 watts and it still holds up well in my opinion. In all honesty I haven't done any new anything for a very long time, toddler life keeps me super busy but I still mix my favorites just don't have time to expand my horizons lol.
Nice to see you back here even if only for a brief time! Everyone loves the Deek’s custard!

VU Sponsors