Become a Patron!

Deeks Golden Custard*

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah. I read an explanation once for why they call it that, but can't remember. Maybe @HeadInClouds can chime in if he has time.

It's just the type of vanilla bean and location where it's grown.
I'm gonna cheat with a cut-paste. What he calls "Mexican" = FA's "Vanilla Classic"
(Shamelessly plagiarized from http://www.davidlebovitz.com/vanilla/)

Bourbon: This doesn’t mean the vanilla contains whiskey – it refers to the Île de Bourbon, now known as Réunion. Most Bourbon vanilla is now grown on the island of Madagascar, the largest vanilla-producing region on the world. Bourbon vanilla is the strongest and most full-flavored of all the vanillas and give you the most ‘bang-for-your-buck’. I use Bourbon or Madagascar vanilla for baking, since its assertive flavor doesn’t get lost when cooked.

Tahiti: Tahitian vanilla gained popularity a decade ago; its higher cost perhaps fanned its fame. Tahitian vanilla has a more subtle delicate flavor than other vanillas. It’s very floral with tropical notes. I use it in fruit salads or scenting tropical fruit desserts since baking with it seems a waste of its subtle flavor. Tahitian vanilla used to be far more expensive than Bourbon, but recent socio-political and economic events equalized the prices somewhat. Tahitian vanilla beans are plumper than others, although that doesn’t necessarily mean they have more flavor or are a better value. They’re just naturally moister.

Mexico: If you think that quart bottle you bought in Mexico for $1 was a great bargain, think again. (Then dump it down the drain.) Real Mexican vanilla is perhaps the best in the world, and the price of pure Mexican vanilla is similar to other pure vanilla extracts. Labeling laws in Mexico differ than those in other countries, so that jumbo bottle of “Pure Mexican Vanilla” that you bought at the tourist shop is likely a synthetic and contains coumarin, a substance banned in the United States by the FDA since there are concerns about toxicity, like tonka beans. I love pure, true Mexican extract. It’s sweet/spicy scent reminds me of just-churned vanilla ice cream and is versatile for every baking and cooking application.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, the French Vanilla came in today so now I can make this recipe proper. Also got some INW Shisha Vanilla while I was at it. I've read good things about it.

So, I was absent from the forums for a while due to some rl stuff but whatevs we back. I see I missed out on some solid recipes but I've also been working on a few of my own! A little backstory: I've always loved vanilla custards for vapes since i started vaping over 2 years ago. I came up with this one and I'm really enjoying it, like really really enjoying it. This does contain diactyl/diketones so this is your warning!

Its fine as a shake and vape but if you can hold out for 4 or 5 days it really rounds out well, so here we go:

Caps: Vanilla Custard v1 6% (no i haven't tried v2 and don't intend to)
Caps: Simply Vanilla 3%
Caps: French Vanilla v1 2% (again, no i don't intend on trying v2)
Caps: Golden Butter 1%
Caps: Sweet Cream 1%
Caps: NY Cheesecake 1%
FA: Vienna Cream 0.5%
FA: Vanilla Classic 0.5%

This is a heavy buttery vanilla custard and I absolutely love it. Its so good with coffee in the morning lol... But anyways enjoy! I know I am :) :)
I do my recipes in ml could you help me convert this to your percentage I do 30 ml bottles. thanks

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My custard has now steeped for 6 weeks. When I first delved into DYI I didn't understand the steep times. Sure it'll blend the ingredients together blah blah blah, but it wasn't until I found a bottle of HIC British Cremes a couple months old ----- the light bulb. Hard to let a recipe steep, but it morphs into something different.
I'm getting ready to try...................Wow. Should've made more. 30ml not enough. Great vanilla flavor. Very creamy, excellent vape! Thank you for a great recipe.
It's nothing like Charlie Noble. Much better

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My custard has now steeped for 6 weeks. When I first delved into DYI I didn't understand the steep times. Sure it'll blend the ingredients together blah blah blah, but it wasn't until I found a bottle of HIC British Cremes a couple months old ----- the light bulb. Hard to let a recipe steep, but it morphs into something different.
I'm getting ready to try...................Wow. Should've made more. 30ml not enough. Great vanilla flavor. Very creamy, excellent vape! Thank you for a great recipe.
It's nothing like Charlie Noble. Much better

Appreciate that :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must admit that I'm extremely horrible at keeping any steeped for any significant amount of time lol .. What I really like to do though lately is drip this with the Deeksberry Custard (Strawberry) and rotate between the two when I refill my rda, pretty damn tasty! I just started doing this recently as I hadn't made the Deeksberry in forever.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must admit that I'm extremely horrible at keeping any steeped for any significant amount of time lol .. What I really like to do though lately is drip this with the Deeksberry Custard (Strawberry) and rotate between the two when I refill my rda, pretty damn tasty! I just started doing this recently as I hadn't made the Deeksberry in forever.
I need the recipe for that! I love a good strawberry custard. Abbott Road from Yeti was one I always had on hand before switching to DIY.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Deeks I am out of Vanilla Classic, Any sub? INW Shisha vanilla or ...? let me know please Thanks

INW shish vanilla is great. I've read very very positive reviews for DIYFS Holy Vanilla; I have it on order so I should be able to give some feedback soon.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have everything to make this but,
I have Caps Butter, not Golden Butter and
TFA Sweet Cream not Caps
Do you think the recipe would still work? Thanks

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Sweet Cream not Caps

If I'm not mistaken I believe the Golden Butter is the same as the Caps Butter, just renamed. I haven't tried the TFA Sweet Cream but I'm sure it would probably work at the same percentage :)

In hindsight, if I were to change anything it would be to drop the FA Vienna Cream and the FA Vanilla Classic and use 1% Inawera Shisha Vanilla in their place. I tried it my last go around and the change wasn't huge, but it was very good that way as well and 1 less ingredient to use!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I'm not mistaken I believe the Golden Butter is the same as the Caps Butter, just renamed. I haven't tried the TFA Sweet Cream but I'm sure it would probably work at the same percentage :)

In hindsight, if I were to change anything it would be to drop the FA Vienna Cream and the FA Vanilla Classic and use 1% Inawera Shisha Vanilla in their place. I tried it my last go around and the change wasn't huge, but it was very good that way as well and 1 less ingredient to use!
Thanks so much! I also have your Kreed's Custard seeping it came highly recommended by everyone (@Teresa P ) can't wait!

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Sweet Cream not Caps
I tried with sub you mentioned and still almost same result and great recipe CAP Butter and Golden Butter are same CAP renamed it. Thanks again @Deek for your great work

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried with INW custard or even FA custard? I know Cap V1 gets a lot of praise but even after 4 weeks of steeping, I still get a chemical taste from it.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried with INW custard or even FA custard? I know Cap V1 gets a lot of praise but even after 4 weeks of steeping, I still get a chemical taste from it.

I have tried the INW custard and I do like that one as well. I hadn't tried it until long after I made this recipe and I haven't really tweeked it much. But if you sub that in I would go like maybe 3% tops on it, its a pretty potent flavor compared to Caps but a very good flavor none the less.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still on my holy grail 'O' Custard, Closest I've came so far was a purchased juice at Vapefest 2016, made by Vape Royale http://www.vaperoyale.co.uk/e-liquids/dripping-custard.html 'Dripping Custard' - amazing !!
Will give this recipe a go .... but dont have the Cap Simply Vanilla
can anyone suggest a suitable replacement,
I have a good selection of Caps & TFA

Hmm, you could probably bump up the Caps French Vanilla to like 4% and that should do it I would say. The simply vanilla is exactly that, just a plain vanilla, not very sweet so anything along those lines should work out just fine

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad you're enjoying it! Definitely a heavy in your face vanilla custard, I kind of got carried away on all the creams and such with this one and it does take a while to calm down a bit.

I kind built off this recipe and worked in some inawera shisha vanilla, biscuit, and cream cheese icing, so far its damn good even after minimal steep time. I dont know if it warrants its own thread but this is what I recently did up. Its 2 weeks "fresh" so Im still taking notes on it so I dont know if I would call it complete just yet.

Caps Vanilla Custard v1: 9%
INW Shisha Vanilla: 2%
INW Biscuit: 1%
Caps Golden Butter: 1%
Caps NY Cheesecake: 1%
Caps Sweet Cream: 1%
Loranns Cream Cheese Icing: 1%

Not bad, I like a sweet vanilla custard so its doin me quite well thus far!

This is an old thread but I'm gonna try this version. If I sub in FA Butter for the CAP Golden Butter, I've got everything to make it with. This looks like my kind of custard.

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good stuff. I just made 100mls from a recipe that I thought I copied from ELR, but it is slightly different, so now I'm not sure where I got it. It's a private recipe that I have titled "Deek's Golden Custard" but is slightly different than this one. Instead of the Vienna Cream and Vanilla Classic it calls for Vanilla Shisha (INW) at 1%. That's the version I made, but now curious where it came from - I know I didn't modify it, I'm not that creative.

Regardless, it's good. Also love another Deek's recipe, but again not sure where I got it: Deek's Raspberry Custard.

Either of these ring a bell?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good stuff. I just made 100mls from a recipe that I thought I copied from ELR, but it is slightly different, so now I'm not sure where I got it. It's a private recipe that I have titled "Deek's Golden Custard" but is slightly different than this one. Instead of the Vienna Cream and Vanilla Classic it calls for Vanilla Shisha (INW) at 1%. That's the version I made, but now curious where it came from - I know I didn't modify it, I'm not that creative.

Regardless, it's good. Also love another Deek's recipe, but again not sure where I got it: Deek's Raspberry Custard.

Either of these ring a bell?
@Deeks Raspberry Custard is one of my favs and can be found here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/deeks-raspberry-custard.280611

VU Sponsors