Become a Patron!

Defective Nitecore i8 from Element Vape

I received my i8 today and put my batteries to charge. 10 minutes later I smelled something burnt and found the source my i8 charger had smoke coming out of it. I’m just glad I was actually in my house and awake when this happened who knows what else could have happened. I contacted element vape immediately after this but their customer service hours had just ended so I will post an update once I receive a reply. Never had to deal with this lets hope the exchange process goes smoothly.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you check to see if it's authentic?

Nitecore chargers are widely counterfeited. It can happen without the vendor's knowledge as well. I bought one and the vendor immediately sent my money back. I don't blame him for it.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I received my i8 today and put my batteries to charge. 10 minutes later I smelled something burnt and found the source my i8 charger had smoke coming out of it. I’m just glad I was actually in my house and awake when this happened who knows what else could have happened. I contacted element vape immediately after this but their customer service hours had just ended so I will post an update once I receive a reply. Never had to deal with this lets hope the exchange process goes smoothly.
Element Vape has good customer service.
Last year one of the 18650 batteries I purchased wouldn't take a charge.
They sent a replacement immediately.

Nitecore chargers are widely counterfeited. It can happen without the vendor's knowledge as well. I bought one and the vendor immediately sent my money back. I don't blame him for it.
Thanks for the info I’ll have to look into it. I didn’t know they had authentication codes.

Element Vape has good customer service.
Last year one of the 18650 batteries I purchased wouldn't take a charge.
They sent a replacement immediately.
This gives me some reassurance that my situation will go smoothly then. I’ve had some vendors take the easy way out and say it was “customer error” before.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This gives me some reassurance that my situation will go smoothly then. I’ve had some vendors take the easy way out and say it was “customer error” before.
They are a good company....never had to return anything, but shipping was always fast.

I typed in the authentication code and it confirmed it’s real. I just happened to receive a defective product I guess.

Update*
I contacted element vape and they asked some basic questions on why the charger was defective they sent me a return shipping label and I sent the charger back to them. Today I received a tracking number for my replacement i8. Overall I would say they have great customer service and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Can’t wait until my replacement comes in!

VU Sponsors