Become a Patron!

Defending myself, I need help?!?!

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello everyone, I'm rather new in the vaping world. I've been a lurker here almost since the start & post occasionally. I've been vaping for about 14months & off analogs for a little over a year. I love vaping & have made it a part time hobby. I live in an area with few vapors, I have only seen 1 or 2 vapors "in the wild", unless I'm at a vape shop. I have converted my best friend, her fiancé, & my sister, who have all successfully quit smoking for well over 6 months now & gotten more than a dozen or so people to try vaping. There are 3 vape shops within a 30 mile radius, none that I shop at ( over priced, make there own not so good juice, & not to sound mean but I know more than all the employees I've met). I use regulated box style, a few mechs, & other 18650 tube mods with kayfun/taifun & the occasional RDA. If I use these in public I get a lot of stares, these don't bother me but I prefer they just ask because I don't think that their thinking good thoughts. The problem is when they do ask, it's not asking. The most common "do you know those are worse than cigarettes" or " do you really think that's better than smoking". I get told it looks worse than smoking, or the most common again "that looks like a crack pipe", I don't even know what a crack pipe looks like!!! Unfortunately that is what I say half the time with an added on " how do you know what a crack pipe looks like", I don't think this helps. I have started using ego type devices with kayfun minis, I carry 3 to work & 1 with a larger mod everywhere I go. This didn't change anything. I'm a nurse, I have a respectable career, yet get looked down on for quitting smoking. I'm healthier & yet these people act like I'm committing a crime. What am I suppose to say?? I try to explain, I really do, I try not to get impatient, but I'm sick of defending myself all the time. I'm afraid my impatience with the same ridiculous comments is not helping my cause. I'm looking for a shirt with a crazy mod that says vaping saved my life, I then plan to buy a dozen plus have some scrubs made but in the meantime I could really use some advice!! If you've read this far then please help me???

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try "you should educate yourself" in a sneering elitist voice but probably not the direction you want
. There are some great posts here that have full explanations of vaping and the benefits @m3rma1d had a thread about this and facebook awhile back and got some great answers. Make a little card to hand people or something.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't really help you, but I can sympathize. I work within six city blocks of two B&M's and yet I see no one vaping in public. The City I work in is currently passing a public vaping ban everywhere. I'm lucky enough to have an understanding boss and work in a small Computer store that has a back room that I can vape in and not be bothered. My boss ( the owner of the store) Sits outside at a picnic table and chain smokes Newports and no one says a thing. Public perception is generally born of ignorance and that seems to be the case here. I'm not sure what to do unless bigger voices are heard in a way that it's understood. I try and advocate, but only a few people I've talked with that are already pretty accepting of alternative views are even reasonable when it comes to even listening.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not bad advice, I've tried to direct people to the web. Crazy how they can spend hours a day on social media & believe everything they see in the media, but they can't even check out one website I suggested. I have even gotten email addresses & tried emailing info. The cards aren't a bad idea but I think more will get thrown away or laughed at than read. I know I'm sounding pessimistic, these crazy people are doing this to me. I can't go a day without some comment, it was a football game today. I only vaped in the parking lot (high school), maybe I shouldn't have been but why not people were smoking yet I'm the one who gets told I shouldn't be vaping!! I was in my car & there were no kids around, am I wrong???

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
W
CASAA has super cheap cards they'll send to you for handing out. They've also got plenty of talking points on their site too. Look for downloadable/printable material.

EDIT: here it is...
http://casaa.org/Printable_Material.html
I will defiantly be buying some t shirts from Casaa, I'm still not convinced business cards are the best defense. I'm willing to try, thanks for the info!! I didn't even realize CASAA had a store or I seen it but always thought it was more for vendors.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not bad advice, I've tried to direct people to the web. Crazy how they can spend hours a day on social media & believe everything they see in the media, but they can't even check out one website I suggested. I have even gotten email addresses & tried emailing info. The cards aren't a bad idea but I think more will get thrown away or laughed at than read. I know I'm sounding pessimistic, these crazy people are doing this to me. I can't go a day without some comment, it was a football game today. I only vaped in the parking lot (high school), maybe I shouldn't have been but why not people were smoking yet I'm the one who gets told I shouldn't be vaping!! I was in my car & there were no kids around, am I wrong???
Wow you must live in hell! Most people around here either already vape themselves or are merely curious! I hand out cards all the time. Every time i order anything i ask for cards to hand out because people are genuinely interested.

Now today one of the security guards at work asked me "aren't you afraid to be smoking that thing?" and i put on my happy-to-help gladface and said "no, not at all! There's no tar, no carcinogens... it's basically just food flavoring and nicotine, and nicotine is actually only toxic in large quantities, it's just addictive is all. I've been off of cigarettes for four years. So if you know any smokers, let 'em know: these things work - they're actually pretty fantastic!"

I'm not sure she believed me but i don't care. She was off my back, and that's all that counts. But that was really the most negative thing anybody's said to me about it so far.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I
Wow you must live in hell! Most people around here either already vape themselves or are merely curious! I hand out cards all the time. Every time i order anything i ask for cards to hand out because people are genuinely interested.

Now today one of the security guards at work asked me "aren't you afraid to be smoking that thing?" and i put on my happy-to-help gladface and said "no, not at all! There's no tar, no carcinogens... it's basically just food flavoring and nicotine, and nicotine is actually only toxic in large quantities, it's just addictive is all. I've been off of cigarettes for four years. So if you know any smokers, let 'em know: these things work - they're actually pretty fantastic!"

I'm not sure she believed me but i don't care. She was off my back, and that's all that counts. But that was really the most negative thing anybody's said to me about it so far.

I live in/around central MI, I would describe it a "hick town" no offense meant. First from traveling I would say in general my state is more judgmental than most. That said I've had several 100 or more comments/questions with only maybe 2 dozen people truly interested. My immediate family approves but the rest are judgmental, my friends are supportive. I'm not joking when I say most days several times a day I feel like a criminal. Makes me want to become a closet vaper, but I would never.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the support everyone. I will keep my head up & try to stay positive. I would like to say I don't care what anyone thinks, but I have started using smaller devices in public & especially at work. I am going to order some business cards from CASAA & give it a try. I feel like most of the time when I state facts about my own health I get looks like they don't believe me. Our local news have done a few articles stating we don't know what's in them, could be worse, nothing positive & people here believe everything they see in their local news. I here that they always watch channel nine & they said this. I am starting to get into the advocacy part of vaping, have talked to my state rep & will continue my efforts. I love how this forum is so positive, I've lurked on others & been disappointed. I only lurk here now & will try to be more active, you guys rock!!! I'm just feeling like I'm not saying the right things or helping the vaping community with my responses. So thanks for the examples they have helped.

Vapeladies

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with all of this. I'm hoping people will come to their senses and at least do a little research to find out the truth. Ignorance is what bothers me the most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When all attempts at solid reasoning fail, I've found a good hearty "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooou!" has never permanently hurt anyone.

And yeah, a few of my friends are still being super stupid about my vaping. "Well how long are you gonna do it for?" "You can't do that forever, you have to stop some time soon!" or "You vape more than you smoked!"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!"
:)

Edited to add: In all honestly I am not usually confident enough to say that. In those instances my silence with a glare is used in its place.

Last edited:

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol nvm that might get u fired
I have to vape outside with the smokers at work & my boss is one of them. Complaints from them are the worst, my boss isn't so bad except to tell me that they are not regulated & until the FDA approves she won't try one. I always respond with yes because the FDA is very concerned about your health, I'm sure that's why they approved your cigarettes to be sold, has nothing to do with money right but your health. The rest complain about my amt of "smoke", seriously I'm using a 1.4ohm on a kayfun mini that's nothing! Drives me nuts, then I blow smoke in there face in our tiny butt hut & hear how good it smells, make up your mind all ready.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When all attempts at solid reasoning fail, I've found a good hearty "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooou!" has never permanently hurt anyone.

And yeah, a few of my friends are still being super stupid about my vaping. "Well how long are you gonna do it for?" "You can't do that forever, you have to stop some time soon!" or "You vape more than you smoked!"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!"
:)
I hear all the time that I vape way more than I smoked, yes & I don't feel guilty or care that you don't like it. I try not to care but obviously it's getting to me.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to vape outside with the smokers at work & my boss is one of them. Complaints from them are the worst, my boss isn't so bad except to tell me that they are not regulated & until the FDA approves she won't try one. I always respond with yes because the FDA is very concerned about your health, I'm sure that's why they approved your cigarettes to be sold, has nothing to do with money right but your health. The rest complain about my amt of "smoke", seriously I'm using a 1.4ohm on a kayfun mini that's nothing! Drives me nuts, then I blow smoke in there face in our tiny butt hut & hear how good it smells, make up your mind all ready.

Yes I always tell them it's not SMOKE too!!!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always get hit up for dab or oil... stupid pot junkies and their icky pot needles they leave all over... they are gunna give themselves the munchies.

No honestly I get hassled more from the stupids when I am downtown than anything else, they think I as trying to be some pioneer for MJ rights in public.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im a confrontational sort…. So when someone has the balls to tell me what I am doing is negative in any way I basically tell them to either educate themselves or fuck off like the sheep they are..

Works for me… But I understand its not an approach for everyone.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Im a confrontational sort…. So when someone has the balls to tell me what I am doing is negative in any way I basically tell them to either educate themselves or fuck off like the sheep they are..

Works for me… But I understand its not an approach for everyone.
No it helps when you look angry and imposing already...
It helps if you have zero filter also... for example if there is a unwashed ass smelling troll I point out that it is soap and water not piss and perfume.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear all the time that I vape way more than I smoked, yes & I don't feel guilty or care that you don't like it. I try not to care but obviously it's getting to me.

Vape juice costs less* than cigs and tastes better** than cigs, so why the hell wouldn't we chainvape? :D

*on average
**on average

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape 12 mg nic, anything higher makes me nauseous. So I have to chain vape to get rid of cravings

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape 12 mg nic, anything higher makes me nauseous. So I have to chain vape to get rid of cravings
LOL I am like that when I mix mom's juice.. she refuses to leave the protank behind because she likes the draw... I make her 12mg and when I drip it to test it, it feels like my skull is getting peeled back.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@NurseErin
You've used words like 'wrong' and 'crime'. That might be part of the problem- You feel self-conscious so people perceive you as doing something wrong.
I live in an armpit, backwater town and I vape everywhere, openly, as if it's the most natural thing in the world and no one gets bent about it.
And by 'everywhere', I really do mean EVERYWHERE- at work, grocery shopping, at the bank, in the doctor's office, at my grandson's preschool... everywhere.
If someone does approach me, it's out of curiosity and I respond in an open and honest way but am careful to avoid the word cigarette- it's a personal vaporizer.
I usually add that my doctor suggested it as a way to quit smoking 3 packs a day because it was killing me.
You're in a great position to raise awareness one person at a time. Tell anyone that confronts you that you are a nurse and carefully weighed all of the health and safety benefits of vaping vs smoking and made the wisest choice.
Still, the most important thing is vaping without feeling guilty. Be respectful of others, but don't hide it. Know that you're not doing anything wrong but if you act like you are, people will see it that way.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ghost while I understand vaping to hide the funky aura of failure of hygiene in backwater hell holes..
Nah I refuse to cloud a grocery store, the patcholli stanking wood hippies would assault me with granola.
Hahaha! ROFLMAO!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

This so much, the "Kill them with Kindness" approach. I'm very fortunate to be in Atlanta where most people don't care or don't bother me. I actually get jeered by people still smoking cigarettes the most because they think I'm thinking I'm better than them. I don't, I'm doing this for me only and will explain to anyone how much better I feel, how much better my teeth look, how much better my clothes and breath smells, etc. Being passive aggressive about something this important is not the way to go. Either let people talk shit and let it roll off of you, or if they are actually curious then try to just talk about how much you love your new lifestyle!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ghost while I understand vaping to hide the funky aura of failure of hygiene in backwater hell holes..
Nah I refuse to cloud a grocery store, the patcholli stanking wood hippies would assault me with granola.
We aren't enlightened enough to have hippies here. All we have white trash, drug dealers, failures and faux-cialites...
And then me. ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We aren't enlightened enough to have hippies here. All we have white trash, drug dealers, failures and faux-cialites...
And then me. ;)
We don't have the faux thingies but it is like equal parts lib tards, hippies, trashy folks of all sorts.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
something i have found to really make people think twice is when i tell them that i could feel my body cleaning out the excess crap they put in cigarettes almost to where it was like a semi withdraw experience for a few days after i switched to vaping, and once your body cleans everything out you can really feel the difference. senses kick into hyper drive for a few days then normalize to where they should have been without cigarette crap interfering. nasal passages clean out and stay that way, no more mucus stuck in your throat, no more smelling like shit, no more brown teeth, no more wondering if you are gonna eventually get cancer, muscle and breathing stamina come back to life, and this is all happening while you are still getting the nicotine you are addicted to.

that really makes people think about what is going into their body with all the extra crap they put in cigarettes. i also tell them how vaping clean nicotine gives you a similar feeling to caffeine but you wont get that feeling when its blended with thousands of other chemicals and combusted. ive talked to other vapers about this too so i know its not only my personal experience

sure there is a minute risk in that we dont know how this will effect long term users 40-50 years into vaping but we do know how cigarettes effect long term users, disease and death. we do know its not smoke though, its vapor. people living in the mountains breath vapor all day everyday. plus i honestly dont plan to vape that long (50 years) and i can tell anyone with confidence that quitting vaping cold turkey is a HELL of a lot easier than quitting smoking cold turkey. and vapers have the option to not quit cold turkey and just lower nic levels periodically until you are at 0 then you are done. did i mention vaping can be fun too?

maybe you can condense these arguments down to a nice bite size piece of "get the fuck out of here with that bullshit" information, in a kind way with a smile of course

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was the first vaper at my job. I got the looks and some rather pointed questions. The public perception in Canada is that nicotine e-liquids are illegal. So I was constantly approached by people and told that what I was doing was against the law. But the situation has changed because I have been doing this for almost a year which has made believers of some of my co-workers. I noticed one has started to use an MVP so there are converts among them!

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape 3 & 6mg, I never feel guilty & love that I can chain vape with no guilt. That was always in my mind when smoking, I just had one or too soon for another I don't need to become a chain smoker.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@NurseErin
You've used words like 'wrong' and 'crime'. That might be part of the problem- You feel self-conscious so people perceive you as doing something wrong.
I live in an armpit, backwater town and I vape everywhere, openly, as if it's the most natural thing in the world and no one gets bent about it.
And by 'everywhere', I really do mean EVERYWHERE- at work, grocery shopping, at the bank, in the doctor's office, at my grandson's preschool... everywhere.
If someone does approach me, it's out of curiosity and I respond in an open and honest way but am careful to avoid the word cigarette- it's a personal vaporizer.
I usually add that my doctor suggested it as a way to quit smoking 3 packs a day because it was killing me.
You're in a great position to raise awareness one person at a time. Tell anyone that confronts you that you are a nurse and carefully weighed all of the health and safety benefits of vaping vs smoking and made the wisest choice.
Still, the most important thing is vaping without feeling guilty. Be respectful of others, but don't hide it. Know that you're not doing anything wrong but if you act like you are, people will see it that way.
Excellent insightful advice. I'm not a trendsetter, & yes I'm a woman who is self conscious. Vaping in my neck of the woods is not the norm & for most people I'm the 1st person they have met that vapes. If the person is curious than great I'm all for educating, I'm passionate about vaping & love to talk about it. It's the ones that start the conversation off negative & I feel like I'm defending myself from the get go that end up getting an F you with a cloud in your face (ok only a few). How do I educate those that all ready have there minds set? How do I even start to change there way of thinking about it? I feel when I show how passionate I am they just look at me like I'm crazy. Unfortunately I meet more of these than just the curious bystander.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
something i have found to really make people think twice is when i tell them that i could feel my body cleaning out the excess crap they put in cigarettes almost to where it was like a semi withdraw experience for a few days after i switched to vaping, and once your body cleans everything out you can really feel the difference. senses kick into hyper drive for a few days then normalize to where they should have been without cigarette crap interfering. nasal passages clean out and stay that way, no more mucus stuck in your throat, no more smelling like shit, no more brown teeth, no more wondering if you are gonna eventually get cancer, muscle and breathing stamina come back to life, and this is all happening while you are still getting the nicotine you are addicted to.

that really makes people think about what is going into their body with all the extra crap they put in cigarettes. i also tell them how vaping clean nicotine gives you a similar feeling to caffeine but you wont get that feeling when its blended with thousands of other chemicals and combusted. ive talked to other vapers about this too so i know its not only my personal experience

sure there is a minute risk in that we dont know how this will effect long term users 40-50 years into vaping but we do know how cigarettes effect long term users, disease and death. we do know its not smoke though, its vapor. people living in the mountains breath vapor all day everyday. plus i honestly dont plan to vape that long (50 years) and i can tell anyone with confidence that quitting vaping cold turkey is a HELL of a lot easier than quitting smoking cold turkey. and vapers have the option to not quit cold turkey and just lower nic levels periodically until you are at 0 then you are done. did i mention vaping can be fun too?

maybe you can condense these arguments down to a nice bite size piece of "get the fuck out of here with that bullshit" information, in a kind way with a smile of course
I try & will keep trying. All of these comments will definitely help. I always go into taste, smell, & breathing. I get what you are saying, taste & smell shocked me the most. I expected the breathing/lung changes. Thanks so much for the advice.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent insightful advice. I'm not a trendsetter, & yes I'm a woman who is self conscious. Vaping in my neck of the woods is not the norm & for most people I'm the 1st person they have met that vapes. If the person is curious than great I'm all for educating, I'm passionate about vaping & love to talk about it. It's the ones that start the conversation off negative & I feel like I'm defending myself from the get go that end up getting an F you with a cloud in your face (ok only a few). How do I educate those that all ready have there minds set? How do I even start to change there way of thinking about it? I feel when I show how passionate I am they just look at me like I'm crazy. Unfortunately I meet more of these than just the curious bystander.
You're NOT going to change anyone's mind that is already set. That's a losing proposition that will just end up turning more people off.
Vape openly and CONFIDENTLY and the number of negative confrontations will drop radically.
As I said before, if you 'look' like you're doing something wrong, people will think you are.
On a side note, you wouldn't believe the things I have gotten away with in the past just by looking like I was supposed to be there. I've walked right past security at concerts and gotten to meet some pretty big acts backstage. I've been on Pit Row at Indy and there is no such thing as a VIP section as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Point is, act like it's perfectly normal and people will think it is...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I try & will keep trying. All of these comments will definitely help. I always go into taste, smell, & breathing. I get what you are saying, taste & smell shocked me the most. I expected the breathing/lung changes. Thanks so much for the advice.
yep health facts and statistics are great but dont capture emotions or feeling which is what we have to do. didnt mean to write a novel just feel strongly about misinformed people :)

You're NOT going to change anyone's mind that is already set. That's a losing proposition that will just end up turning more people off.
Vape openly and CONFIDENTLY and the number of negative confrontations will drop radically.
As I said before, if you 'look' like you're doing something wrong, people will think you are.
On a side note, you wouldn't believe the things I have gotten away with in the past just by looking like I was supposed to be there. I've walked right past security at concerts and gotten to meet some pretty big acts backstage. I've been on Pit Row at Indy and there is no such thing as a VIP section as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Point is, act like it's perfectly normal and people will think it is...
most would be surprised how far this goes in every part of life, in fact our government operates this way

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get so mother fucking tired of hearing the "chemical" comments as they drag off a cancer stick... then get the hey that's illegal bullshit following up afterwards.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was the first vaper at my job. I got the looks and some rather pointed questions. The public perception in Canada is that nicotine e-liquids are illegal. So I was constantly approached by people and told that what I was doing was against the law. But the situation has changed because I have been doing this for almost a year which has made believers of some of my co-workers. I noticed one has started to use an MVP so there are converts among them!
It has been over a year for me, this I think has shocked my coworkers. They made bets the first few months on how long I would last without a cigarette. I have gotten 3 or 4 to try ego batteries & a couple more have bought disposables, none have quit smoking. The few who tried vaping didn't last long, they were unwilling to shop online & we don't have a good vape shop yet. Most have accepted it, with reservations. I did have a co-worker today say she was charging her ecig & wanted to try again. 2 have said they made them sick, I think gas station disposables would make me sick too. Just me vaping everyday regardless of what they say or think has helped. The most common response is "do you really need 3 of those at work" my response "yup I'm a flavor junky"

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It has been over a year for me, this I think has shocked my coworkers. They made bets the first few months on how long I would last without a cigarette. I have gotten 3 or 4 to try ego batteries & a couple more have bought disposables, none have quit smoking. The few who tried vaping didn't last long, they were unwilling to shop online & we don't have a good vape shop yet. Most have accepted it, with reservations. I did have a co-worker today say she was charging her ecig & wanted to try again. 2 have said they made them sick, I think gas station disposables would make me sick too. Just me vaping everyday regardless of what they say or think has helped. The most common response is "do you really need 3 of those at work" my response "yup I'm a flavor junky"

When I started one local Brick & Mortar had just opened. There were a couple local websites which I could order from and have delivered. Now there are probably about 10 stores. They have opened so fast that I have lost count. So I could buy decent equipment locally but I bought juice online from supplies outside my province as until recently no one local was carrying 100% VG and I am PG sensitive. Now I have two local sources for that and the prices are fairly close to what I would pay online considering shipping costs can get high. There has been a lot of trial and error with the whole process! I too usually carry back-ups and back-ups to my back-ups with at least two flavours at any given time.

I hated my first cigalike set up and it took me a year before I would even consider trying vaping again but I must admit the second time around I have met a lot of great people who have shared their experience and it has really helped. I found a way to make it work for me. So maybe with a little bit of tweaking her set-up your co-worker may find vaping works for her. And yeah, gas station cigalikes do not sound appealing. Anything sold at local convenience stores here is nicotine free as well so would not really reduce my cravings.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No it helps when you look angry and imposing already...
It helps if you have zero filter also... for example if there is a unwashed ass smelling troll I point out that it is soap and water not piss and perfume.
Yeup… I look angry and imposing already.. I use it to my advantage to avoid getting into fights.. I find intimidation works really well for that. I hate fighting because eventually I will feel bad. Either cause I got my ass kicked or I kicked their ass. LOL!!

Although…. Ass smelling troll I have not run into recently. But I have had to fix a few of their cars… OMG the stink!!!

As a side note I personally do not vape anywhere I would not smoke. I find this eases tensions and I am used to it anyway. Makes me no difference really. I'll go out with the smokers and vape away. Just cause I quit smoking don't mean I am better then they are.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeup… I look angry and imposing already.. I use it to my advantage to avoid getting into fights.. I find intimidation works really well for that. I hate fighting because eventually I will feel bad. Either cause I got my ass kicked or I kicked their ass. LOL!!

Although…. Ass smelling troll I have not run into recently. But I have had to fix a few of their cars… OMG the stink!!!

As a side note I personally do not vape anywhere I would not smoke. I find this eases tensions and I am used to it anyway. Makes me no difference really. I'll go out with the smokers and vape away. Just cause I quit smoking don't mean I am better then they are.

OMG the clueless assholes that bath in perfume where it leaves a 50" toxic cloud of stank behind get an earful.

For those of you that wear scents.. if you can smell it on yourself go take a bath. If you cant smell it and have an cloud of hell around you like pig pen do not get butt hurt when someone tells you fucking stink... I get more vocal when out eating and the person's funk is so bad I can taste it from tables away.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When someone says "I've heard"

I REAAAALY want to give em a good loud "Bonjour" and blow another cloud (I vape at 6.5watts so it won't be a big cloud)

Some people will NEVER find out the truth for themselves...

More or less just tell them you did your homework and know they aren't dangerous...then tell them how much you are saving NOT smoking

I wish their was an easy way to win over the "neysayers" but "they" always seem to know what's best...

As others have said, print up some of those cards from CASAA and hand em out

Last edited:

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@NurseErin

Exactly! If you act like you are doing something wrong, people will treat you like you are doing something wrong.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you all, excellent advice. I only vape where I would have smoked & added inside the house. I don't plan to change my habits, I can't picture myself vaping inside a store. I was vaping outside at an amusement park & got asked to stop or leave the park, of course I explained what it was but told it was policy. I feel like I'm confident but the weird stares do probably knock my confidence down, I will work on that. I've ordered business cards, a dozen $1 disposables for any smokers that seam interested in trying ( thanks Vapor Joe for the amazing deal on those), & will try many of the suggested responses to the way to many negative comments I receive. Regardless you guys are truly amazing, a breath of fresh air!!!!!!!

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
. I was vaping outside at an amusement park & got asked to stop or leave the park, of course I explained what it was but told it was policy.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I would have demanded my money back and left.
Are people also not allowed to smoke in the park?
I can understand having designated smoking/vaping areas but to not let anyone smoke/vape ANYWHERE on the premises is stupid.

VU Sponsors