Definition of Electronic Cigarettes

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by vapingmandycat, Jun 4, 2014.

1. vapingmandycat

vapingmandycat VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Show Host

Blog Posts:
    What is an Electronic Cigarette

An electronic cigarette, or e-cigarette, is an electrical device that simulates the act of tobacco smoking by producing an inhaled mist bearing the physical sensation, appearance, and often the flavor and nicotine content of inhaled tobacco smoke; though lacking its odor, and intended to omit its health risks. The device uses heat, or in some cases ultrasonic , to vaporize a propylene glycol- or glycerin-based liquid solution into an aerosol mist, similar to the way a nebulizer or humidifier vaporizes solutions for inhalation.Most electronic cigarettes are portable, self-contained cylindrical devices the size of a ballpoint pen or magic marker; though sizes vary, mainly due to differing battery capacities. Many electronic cigarettes are designed to resemble actual cigarettes or cigars, or even pipes. Most are also reusable, with replaceable and refillable parts, but some models are disposable.

The primary stated use of the electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco smoking, or a smoking cessation device, as it attempts to deliver the experience of smoking without, or with greatly reduced, adverse health effects usually associated with tobacco smoke. Nevertheless, concerns have been raised that use of the device still carries health risks, and that it could appeal to non-smokers, especially children, due to its novelty, flavorings, and possibly overstated claims of safety.The possible benefits or adverse effects of electronic cigarette use are a subject of disagreement among different health organizations and researchers. Controlled studies of electronic cigarettes are scarce due to their relatively recent invention and subsequent rapid growth in popularity. Laws governing the use and sale of electronic cigarettes, as well as the accompanying liquid solutions, currently vary widely, with pending legislation and ongoing debate in many regions.

CONSTRUCTION
    Most electronic cigarettes take an overall cylindrical shape although a wide array of shapes can be found: box, pipe styles etc. First generation electronic cigarettes were usually designed to simulate smoking implements, such as cigarettes or cigars, in their use and appearance.New generation electronic cigarettes often called mods, PV's (personal vaporizer) or APV's (advanced personal vaporizer) have an increased nicotine-dispersal performance, housing higher capacity batteries, and come in various form factors, including metal tubes and boxes. Many electronic cigarettes are composed of streamlined replaceable parts, while disposable devices combine all components into a single part that is discarded when its liquid is depleted. Common components include a liquid delivery and container system, an atomizer, and a power source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

Oracle, RJ-Kloudburg, SaraS and 3 others like this.
  2. Nancy_Bout

Nancy_Bout Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I think buying them w cartridges adds to more money but BLU has VG ejuice and I like their magnificent menthol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CharlesKeene

CharlesKeene New Member

Blog Posts:
    Nice post about what is an e-cigarette, all the information are nicely gathered in the summarized manner, thanks for sharing this.

4. alexhenderson

alexhenderson

Blog Posts:
    I have been using e-cigs for a while now and am very pleased that I have been able to quit smoking with them. I really appreciate your information and you explain each and every point very well. You're truly well informed.

5. kinixecig

kinixecig

Blog Posts:
    Really An informative post. Thanks for Sharing your such an explanation. Your way to describe ecig is really understandable. :)

6. Carol Boyd

Carol Boyd

Blog Posts:
    thank you for the info.

7. Elberto34

Elberto34 New Member

Blog Posts:
    E-cigarettes are more effective than nicotine patches and gum in helping people to quit smoking. Electronic cigarette does not contain tar or tobacco.

8. vape lover

vape lover New Member New Member

Blog Posts:
    thanks for sharing this !

9. SaraS

SaraS New Member

Blog Posts:

Thank you! Very informative

10. Cloudboss

Cloudboss Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    High current run through a thin wire causes it to get hot, when saturated cotton is in contact with that wire it causes the liquid in the cotton to turn into vapor.
    :)
    Vapor makes us happy!

11. Vape Ape

Vape Ape New Member

Blog Posts:
    Very clear definition, thanks! When I think of an 'electronic cigarette' or 'ecig' I think of a small white tube with a glowing led at the tip, looks just like a ciggi, and any other device that doesn't resemble a cigarette I would call a personal vaporizer

12. stevegmu

stevegmu Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I like the term e-nic...

13. johnjuanb1

johnjuanb1 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Very informative! I am new to vaping. Thank you for the info.

14. Jsely

Jsely New Member

Blog Posts:
    do you enjoy vaping?

15. conanthewarrior

conanthewarrior Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    So because I use zero nicotine and a PVD/MOD (SIg30) is it still an e Cig? Or is it a vaporizor?

16. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Oh. I have to get all ruffed up and say, Electronic Device, Asshole. Sukuse Me, Morons Piss me off.

17. colabeauty

colabeauty New Member

Blog Posts:
    Very clear definition, thanks!

18. RJ-Kloudburg

RJ-Kloudburg VU Donator New Member

Blog Posts:
    Great INFO, and the saving iz fantastic Plus the health benefitz , This Place iz Great ..Thank you Mandycat:rolleyes:

19. Oracle

Oracle New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing this post!

20. vaparasta

vaparasta New Member

Blog Posts:
    A very good intro to ecigs, thanks!

21. hollynorth

hollynorth New Member

Blog Posts:
    Electronic cigarettes are totally different from traditional cigarettes. Vaping is related with electronic cigarettes and traditional cigarettes but smoking is related with tobacco cigarettes. In vaping there is fruit essence or liquid which is turned into smoke by the electronic atomizer. There's no such type of burning in electronic cigarettes.

22. Trueman ecig Yilia

Trueman ecig Yilia New Member

Blog Posts:
    very good intro, thank you ;)

23. AlbyKortoona

AlbyKortoona VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  24. savegeeliquid

savegeeliquid New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for long description. I have read it out twice to understand the real facts of e-cigarette. Here, have learned e-cigarette a device which contains liquid or e-liquid. Can you tell me what type of liquid it is? Is it possible to enjoy e-cigarette without any e-liquid?

25. VapeThink

VapeThink New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
  26. kshoemaker3

kshoemaker3 New Member

Blog Posts:

Great info, thanks for the summary!

27. Werflefougs1993

Werflefougs1993 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Agree with your point. Keep it up.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  28. WadesRedHead

WadesRedHead New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been using an Aspire K3, which was recommended to me by my local vape shop. I just went along with very little knowledge about it, and the different types of e-cigs/vapors. I really appreciate this information, and am very happy I've stumbled across this site.

29. johnjacobs

johnjacobs New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

30. johnjacobs

johnjacobs New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Very very fantastic story .......!!!!!!

31. lydialopez

lydialopez New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is nice