Become a Patron!

Delayed Reaction

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I have been using my Ijoy Limitless RDTA mech mod and am having issues with delayed reaction time when firing.

I am running a .25 ohm build, Limitless Gold RDTA, and KFALO IMR 18650 3000mah 35A battery firing at 4.01v. I have taken apart and cleaned all contact points, including 510 pin on tank and +/- on . The mech is a hybrid and just started being hesitant in firing. I have checked and double checked resistance and discharge voltage.

Does anyone have any suggestions? When I checked the voltage, it was instantaneous when firing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no 18650 3000 mah 35 amp battery.

it is at best maybe a 20 amp cell.

Get a VTC5A for best performance.

also output voltage from a mech means nothing unless measured under load.
Especially with your iffy battery.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What coils are you using and what is the material of the coil? Sounds like you might be trying to heat a big mass and it takes a while.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I'm at work right now, but will check the coil type when I get home. Wire mass is sounding like the problem. If I'm remembering right they were pretty heavy coils. Didn't even think think about that being the problem. The more I think about it, the delayed firing started after I changed build, so that is most likely the issue.

Thanks guys!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been using my Ijoy Limitless RDTA mech mod and am having issues with delayed reaction time when firing.

I am running a .25 ohm build, Limitless Gold RDTA, and KFALO IMR 18650 3000mah 35A battery firing at 4.01v. I have taken apart and cleaned all contact points, including 510 pin on tank and +/- on . The mech is a hybrid and just started being hesitant in firing. I have checked and double checked resistance and discharge voltage.

Does anyone have any suggestions? When I checked the voltage, it was instantaneous when firing.
Hello Edwin. We met on ECF. I was recently gifted my first mech. Using my first build on it. Very satisfying. 24 AGW round wire 7 wraps. Ohms out at .35 on my Dead Rabbit. Again very satisfying med warm vape. And safe on my Samsung 25r. Vape safe my ftiend. May the force be with you.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Don’t underestimate plain round wire for flavor/clouds, used to used FC’s exclusively on mechs until recently I have switched back to simple round wire.
Anything you can do to lower the mass of the coil for the same resistance you are shooting for will help. If you are using kanthal try SS or nichrome round wire build; you can get by with a higher gauge/ smaller wire for the same resistance and near instant firing.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This wire is fast becoming a favorite of mine.

If wrapped carefully you can avoid twisting it and when working out hot spots you can get more surface area in contact with the wick. I have also had good luck enhancing flavor by heating the wire with a butane torch while twisting a single strand of this square wire in a drill. It will also hammer almost completely flat without much effort making it very versatile.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Shitty batteries and not well thought out builds can at minimum leave you with a cruddy vape and with the batteries your saying your using on a mech is the reason it's lagging. Shitty batteries don't have room in the vaping game. Stick to the three main companies lg Samsung Sony.

Ditch the kanthal build, after you get better batteries I suggest even Samsung 25rs. They last a long time there tanks. Not as good as the Sony but Cheap and good. Also, if it's seriously suffering from ramp up try ditching a wrap or two and build @2.5 ID not 3. Building for mechs I almost always do 2.5 id and 5or6 wraps

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.25 ohms is on the high side for a mech. I recently got a THC Tauren 21700 mech using Phobia RDA with SS316L 3x28ga/36ga clapton wire 3mm id 5 wraps comes out to .14 ohms for dual coils. I don't think I'd want to build 2.5mm coils because I'd have to add a extra wrap so not to go too low plus wicks would be smaller. IMO you should try to build to the CDR of your battery with mechs

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

That brand sells batteries claiming 60a rating, I would get batteries with Tested specs before using in a mechanical at all

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm at work right now, but will check the coil type when I get home. Wire mass is sounding like the problem. If I'm remembering right they were pretty heavy coils. Didn't even think think about that being the problem. The more I think about it, the delayed firing started after I changed build, so that is most likely the issue.

Thanks guys!
#1 is to shit can those batteries and either get Sony VTC5a's or Samsung 20S batteries. No way in hell would I trust those batteries especially when they lie about the Amp and mAh ratings.

After that look at the wire mass.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors