Become a Patron!

deleting photos and cloud storage

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally can figure this out but before I do it I don't want to loose all my stuff. I have about 20gb backed up on Verizon cloud videos and pics of my kids. my phone storage is maxed out and so is the SD card. if I delete all the stuff off my phone does it also wipe the cloud? what about Google cloud? will it reinstall it all back on the phone? I don't mean wipe the phone, just go through and wipe all the photos and videos section. it's an android phone so pretty easy to do things.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I normally can figure this out but before I do it I don't want to loose all my stuff. I have about 20gb backed up on Verizon cloud videos and pics of my kids. my phone storage is maxed out and so is the SD card. if I delete all the stuff off my phone does it also wipe the cloud? what about Google cloud? will it reinstall it all back on the phone? I don't mean wipe the phone, just go through and wipe all the photos and videos section. it's an android phone so pretty easy to do things.

I doubt it would delete the cloud storage backup, that's what it's for.....try one your not in love with and see what happens.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, abandon Verizon storage entirely.... seriously.

Get a 1 or 2 TB drive.
Or buy additional cloud space...

You get 15GB free with your Gmail acct; you can bump that up to 100 gigs for 2 bucks a month. Very secure, shareable, offsite storage.
And yes, if you delete something from your Google Drive using your phone, (or any device) it goes into the trash.
I have plenty of space on Verizon cloud. pay extra for it. what I'd like to do is get a network server with a few terabytes. drop everything there and wipe the phone. probably setup for wireless use outside the network.

VU Sponsors