Become a Patron!

Density!

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting ok vapor production, but the density isn't there. I'm looking for a beginners build I can try. Maybe I'm looking for the best of all worlds...But I'm looking for more than decent vapor production that's plenty dense and not scorching hot. Flavor is always nice too! Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Prolly woulda helped if I mentioned that in my post. My fault......
El cabron box mod (unregulated dual parallel 18650) El cabron RDA

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you show a pic of your current build with the wicks inside? It is easier to help you from there.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is that 24 gauge? around .4 - .5 ohms? Might want to get a delrin drip tip to avoid the heat and run around .2.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are your build specs? Gauge wire, diameter, wraps and ohms. Looks like a whole lotta wraps of thin'ish wire making probably kinda high ohms. Have any 24g wire?

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then I would suggest lower ohm's.

With that box mod, do you get double the battery life or double power (8.4v)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe double battery life

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is that 24 gauge? around .4 - .5 ohms? Might want to get a delrin drip tip to avoid the heat and run around .2.
26 gauge. 10 wrap 2mm dia. It's high 3's almost 4 from what I remember. Was trying to cool the vape.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It also splits the amp load between the two cells.

A bit of electronics theory:
Voltage is additive in series and common in parallel.
Current is common in series and additive in parallel.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are your build specs? Gauge wire, diameter, wraps and ohms. Looks like a whole lotta wraps of thin'ish wire making probably kinda high ohms. Have any 24g wire?
Yes, I have 24 gauge. The specs are in another reply I just sent in this thread.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It also splits the amp load between the two cells.

A bit of electronics theory:
Voltage is additive in series and common in parallel.
Current is common in series and additive in parallel.
I could be wrong then. Just starting out.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would use 24g, less wraps and a larger diameter.

And double the capacity is correct when batteries are in parallel. Current (amps) being additive in parallel means capacity (amp hours or milliamp hours) is additive in parallel.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another easy fix to try is elevating your coils a bit. I can't tell where the airflow hits but the better flow all the way around your build, the better the vapor

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so, thicker wire, less wraps, larger diameter coil, and airflow. I'm understanding Lower ohms is important for dense vapor. Is that gonna be a hot vape? How are people getting these huge dense clouds without going extremely low on ohms then?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't necessarily need to go lower resistance to get a denser vape; try keep the coils as they are and give a shot at reducing the amount of cotton first,

254y0wm.jpg

See if that makes any difference.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Move some of the cotton from under the coil, top and bottom need to let air freely pass by the coil.
Strange, but the 24g will be a little cooler than the 26g at the same build resistance.
Try a 24g wire 2.5mm ID coil at 0.4 ~ 0.3. That should be a nice dense cool vape if your rda has good air flow.
Get that coil lined up with the air holes, maybe a hair off center to the high side, maybe it is, can't tell... just sayin.

Nice box mod BTW ;)

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Move some of the cotton from under the coil, top and bottom need to let air freely pass by the coil.
Strange, but the 24g will be a little cooler than the 26g at the same build resistance.
Try a 24g wire 2.5mm ID coil at 0.4 ~ 0.3. That should be a nice dense cool vape if your rda has good air flow.
Get that coil lined up with the air holes, maybe a hair off center to the high side, maybe it is, can't tell... just sayin.

Nice box mod BTW ;)

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think my wicking might be the issue. Trying to cover all basis

VU Sponsors