Become a Patron!

Dental checkup.. better since vaping ?

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My old routine was 2 or 3 scalings a year, maybe 6 small fillings.. gums were tired of the cig smoke.
My dentist warned me many times of what smoking was doing to my teeth.. but hey, try and kick that habit eh !

Fast forward nearly a year to a coupla days ago. Somehow, my sched fell off the radar and I missed my reg cleaning and checkup in that period so I was dreading what they were going to find for buildup and cavities.
I had swapped to vaping 8 months ago, and was happy to tell my dentist.

Well, my scaling was over quick.. there wasnt much to do.. hardly any buildup. Apparently my teeth are whiter than before, and no new cavities (there's just one that the doc already mentioned a year ago and was trying to protect that has finally gone bad) .

I think that dental ins co's should give a discount to smokers turned vapers.. I made no other changes and yet found a great improvement in my dental health.

Anyone else found a noticeable diff in dental by switching to vaping ?

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Yep, so far I'm pretty sure vaping isn't bad for my teeth. Been vaping moderately since 2009. I used to get allergies and I'd end up breathing through my mouth while I was sleeping, waking up with a nasty case of cotton mouth and eventually several trips to the dentist. However since I've quit drinking soda and taken care of the sinus congestion my teeth have been pretty healthy. Chain vaping dries me out though so I always drink plenty of water and I use ACT dry mouth non-alcohol mouth rinse before bed.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My dentist has commented on how much better my teeth and gums have been since giving up the cigs and taking up vaping

VU Sponsors