Become a Patron!

Dented 26650

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dropped my 26650 mech mod on the wood floor atty first. When I picked it up I noticed a battery rattle. Took out the battery and found the top dented in. Battery still works fine, it's just that I have to adjust the battery pin on the mod every time I change batteries now...

Anyone know how to safely un-dent this thing?

Thanks

battery dent.jpg

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't. The pin being dented in should be fine safety wise. Applying pressure outwards sounds sketchy. Then again, I don't know much about batteries technically.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I'm not battery pro, but I would leave it alone. Trying to take out the dent is likely to ruin the battery. Or worse, make it blow.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys are probably right, leave it alone, use it as a spare. Not worth the hassle for 8 bucks for a new one.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do NOT read this post!!!!!
I agree with the OP in that $8 is way too much to spend when it comes to safety.
I told you to NOT read this post!!!!!!!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do NOT read this post!!!!!
I agree with the OP in that $8 is way too much to spend when it comes to safety.
I told you to NOT read this post!!!!!!!

Lol... should have said, and meant to say "not worth the hassle of trying to fix it, since a new one is only 8 bucks"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol... should have said, and meant to say "not worth the hassle of trying to fix it, since a new one is only 8 bucks"
I figured! lol. My policy when it comes to batteries for mods is "When in doubt, throw it out"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I TOLD YOU TO NOT RE.......................n/m ;)

VU Sponsors