Become a Patron!

Designing a Mod Please Give Feedback

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, decided I am not satisfied with what is on the market at the moment. I find a mod I like... not DNA 200. Find DNA 200s, hideous, huge, or super pricey. Curious as to what you guys think of this design, aesthetically and size wise. Door and Buttons can be metal, case must be non-metallic.

Size is hard to read in the pic it is: 92x57x23

Dual 18650, Magnetic 2 Side Door. Below is required to complete.

3 Magnets
510 FDV or Varitube
DNA-200
3 screws
6 small pieces of wire
Batteries

Open Door Grey and Brass.jpg Dimensions.jpg Three Quarter Copper.jpg Top Rear red and steel.jpg

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gonna go out on a limb here. Sombody buy a new 3D printer?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Constructive criticism... maybe out thru up and down buttons equidistant from the screen as the firing button and use a 2a charging daughter board and mount thru charger on the side giving the face a clean slick look.
Just making a suggestion, since I'm assuming that's what you brought it here for?

Its nice though

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Badwolf,

Considering it. Thing is, since I want to print metal parts I'll be outsourcing some of it anyways.

Firebird,

Hmm going to have a look at the screen, see if I like it more with less offset. <-- Took your advice and centered it to add material between screen and adjustment buttons

Interesting charging idea... Going to have to look into that for the Lipo model I did. This I have no intention of charging inside the case.

Last edited:

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the prototype is on order :p We'll see how it goes when it gets here. If everything works properly and its not got any issues I'll throw the models up for people. Not sure if a 2x18650 DNA 200 can get much smaller, maybe squeeze into 88x55x22 if you some serious space optimization, but that would be really pressing it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That does look better imho. but just my opinion

VU Sponsors