Become a Patron!

Desktop Thread - Post what your Desktop looks like

VaperInDisguise

Member For 5 Years
Haven't seen one around so I figured I'd start it.

Post your Desktop.

So to start it off I will post mine :).

K4efarg.jpg

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol, thought you meant the actual top of my desk. I would be embarrassed to show that.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
ZYtx8y6.jpg

I can't stand desktop icons. I've never been in such a big ass hurry that a couple more clicks to get what I need really slowed me down. I have 5 icons in my taskbar, that's it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
But where's recycle bin doe.
In my taskbar, I have:
  • Windows Explorer
  • Adobe PS
  • Adobe LR
  • OneNote
  • Chrome
99% of what I use can be accessed from there. Click the folder icon (Explorer), I have a shortcut right in there to the Recycle Bin. 2 clicks, done.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't seen one around so I figured I'd start it.

Post your Desktop.

So to start it off I will post mine :).

K4efarg.jpg
I want to know how you did the "spoiler" link. I've seen those from time to time, but have no idea how people do that. That's very cool.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So you posted in image in the brackets. That's too cool. Well, thank you very much! :)

VaperInDisguise

Member For 5 Years
Close, it's VirtualBox and Warheads SE, an old online game. ;)

Miranda IM and KMplayer were skinned to match teh blackness as well.
VMware/ Virtual Box same company same purpose. Yea I see it looks a bit old and that it has a IRC Chat which I enjoy ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea there's some changes in both of them. Personally I have used VM Workstation for messing around on different OS's and Linux Distros so :p.

Ya, I haven't touched it since that game got capable of running in 64-bits. Don't need it anymore really.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's mine...might blow up the topic so will edit if necessary.

Windows 7. 3x 21.5" Asus monitors @ 1920x1080. Used to have an Oculus Rift dev1 hooked up also, but rarely used it (my eyesight is crap) so disconnected it. I plan to hook my 32" LCD to my PC later this week as monitor #4

desktop25.jpg

ahh, cool. the forum auto downsized it.
Makes it easier to use a smaller picture to save on bandwidth.

Last edited:

VaperInDisguise

Member For 5 Years
That looks fucking awesome.
Is it just a desktop background with the icons manually put there or an actual program that sets that up?
Well I found multiple of those Wallpapers online here: http://hdw.eweb4.com/search/shelf/
But I think it's all placement and the illusion to it.

Here's mine...might blow up the topic so will edit if necessary.

Windows 7. 3x 21.5" Asus monitors @ 1920x1080. Used to have an Oculus Rift dev1 hooked up also, but rarely used it (my eyesight is crap) so disconnected it. I plan to hook my 32" LCD to my PC later this week as monitor #4

desktop25.jpg

ahh, cool. the forum auto downsized it.
Makes it easier to use a smaller picture to save on bandwidth.
I am liking the 3 Monitors :). I need to get myself a couple 1080p monitors and if I move up to a GTX 980/970 then get 1 4k for the the middle.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The only icon I have on my desktop is my boot drive...and that is not removeable. Between the dock and Finder...everything is at-hand.

VU Sponsors