Become a Patron!

Dessert juices not sweet enuff!!

Dunno if it’s me but every “dessert” juice I’ve bought tases like the sugar free version. Desserts are supposed to be sweet and the juices have all been crap I’ll list the ones I’ve tried maybe it’s the juices I’ve gotten but I doubt it. I researched alot of these and they all got great reviews (some admittedly were on sale and sounded like I would like em) and I’ve been disappointed with all. I have a sweet tooth and love desserts, cereal type stuff so this is frustrating especially when I’ve tried candy juices and see that they are sweet so why isn’t my dessert juices? Also why do they all taste the same no matter rhe brand/flavor profile?? See my list and you’ll see what I’m talking about I know there all close in similarities but they all have this same crappy taste. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance!

Liquid State- Apple butter
Vape pink- cookie butter
Joeys- sin o bun
Bad drip- ugly butter
Suicide bunny - king, derailed
Vapor beast- big bite caramel apple
Couple that Vapes- His

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never had much luck with store bought juices. Then again I am unwilling to fork out a lot on juice as its supposed to be cheaper than the cigarettes I smoked. I would say you might wanna try making your own juices, there's definitely something satisfying about vaping your own piece of loveliness. Can tweak the flavour profile's to how you like them that way as well

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first problem with ejuice and the way it's sold is they usually present a picture of the food or drink it emulates. I've learned that doesn't work very well for me. I see a picture of a yummy cinnamon bun and that's what I expect. Sadly, it doesn't work that way. The flavors are approximations, nothing more.

The next problem is that what we like to eat isn't always what we like to vape, and vice-versa. This means you need to try lots of flavors and you'll probably be surprised at what you like in an ejuice.

The third problem is the reviews. I have an old friend named George. If he tells me a movie is good, then I'll be sure not to watch it. I know his tastes and they're not the same as mine. I remember buying Lenola Cream because it has quite a few raving reviews. It was one of the more disgusting ejuices I've ever tried. Even here on this site I've seen many recipes highly touted and that's because many like them, but I didn't. GOC is a good example...no offense to anyone.

Most commercial juices tend to use a lot of sweetener, so it's odd that you have this experience. It could just be the juices and you need to keep looking.

One quick solution is to buy a 30ml bottle of Capella Super Sweet. That stuff is strong and has a nice sweetness, not overly artificial like most of the other sweeteners. Once you get it, put about 10ml of a juice into a bottle. Then put 2 drops into it and shake the living hell out of it. Then try it. I bet that would work. Add as needed. It'll cost about $4 for the SS. Problem solved...maybe.

Thank u both for the tips

First Karmic
I’ve been looking into it I’ve only been vaping for like 3 months so I’m fairly new to it so there’s a lot I’m researching at any given time. The good thing is I love it so I like learning about it all even when I feel like it’s impossible getting answers on my questions especially from vape shops hence why I joined here. I understand the concept and basics what I’m still trying to find is the flavor agent. Can I use anything or does it need to be able to vape? Can I marinate my pg/vg mixture with the ingredients I want to use and remove them later? If I need to buy flavoring agents which ones are the ones I should buy? If I need to buy the flavor additives aren’t I just really back at square one buying “flavors and trying them until I find what I like”? Etc etc but it is something I’m looking into and want to get into maybe in the spring.

Now Bobnat
You hit the nail on the head I learned that recently I vaped in a store coco puffs and I F’ing love coco puffs this juice was spot on and tasted terrible to me as a vape. These other juices those the ones I listed were labeled as things like cin a bun, apple pie stuff like that which all have great aromas I figured if some candle store made a candle out of it then it would probably b good to vape which I still stand by I just think these don’t taste like what they should.

I am gonna take your advice on the vaping things I wouldn’t normally like tip. I’m not into candy but I have noticed my fav juices so far have “candy profiles” frozen and reg hulk tears and a few others so I’m gonna be more open to that. As far as some ppl love this doesn’t mean u will I agree but these juices aren’t like “there ok I’ve had better” or “that’s not the best ____ this is” these are all so off it has to be something else. Now they all smelled pretty good but when I vape them the taste isn’t the same could it be my vape? I wanna get into dropping cuz I heard the flavor is better than RTA but that’s a whole dif issue for me and a dif thread for that (no reg squonk mods only Mech mods).

Anyway thanks for the info/tips

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A good place to look at recipes is E liquid recipes, can't remember if it's .com or .org,just type it into Google. It can help you find a good starting point strength wise with different recipes and their flavours. Helped me a fair bit when deciding how strong to have individual flavours by different manufacturers.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Good question! @Vape914 when you just quit smoking, your taste buds are still off. It takes a while, in order for your taste buds to be able to get the proper flavor back, which, besides anything you digest, includes eJuice.
Yea noticed that it sounds like it’s me more than the juices so I’ll just try dif juices besides these apple/cinnamon

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good question! @Vape914 when you just quit smoking, your taste buds are still off. It takes a while, in order for your taste buds to be able to get the proper flavor back, which, besides anything you digest, includes eJuice.
^^^ What he said... ;)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dunno if it’s me but every “dessert” juice I’ve bought tases like the sugar free version. Desserts are supposed to be sweet and the juices have all been crap I’ll list the ones I’ve tried maybe it’s the juices I’ve gotten but I doubt it. I researched alot of these and they all got great reviews (some admittedly were on sale and sounded like I would like em) and I’ve been disappointed with all. I have a sweet tooth and love desserts, cereal type stuff so this is frustrating especially when I’ve tried candy juices and see that they are sweet so why isn’t my dessert juices? Also why do they all taste the same no matter rhe brand/flavor profile?? See my list and you’ll see what I’m talking about I know there all close in similarities but they all have this same crappy taste. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance!

Liquid State- Apple butter
Vape pink- cookie butter
Joeys- sin o bun
Bad drip- ugly butter
Suicide bunny - king, derailed
Vapor beast- big bite caramel apple
Couple that Vapes- His

Instead of Buttah flavors, try Custahd...Vanilla Custard, Caramel Custard, Anything Custard. SWEETNESS!
I have a terrible (wonderful) sweet tooth, too.

CUSTARDS!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Vape914 If you are going to make your own juice you need to use flavorings made specifically for vaping. Most food flavoring contains oils which you definitely don’t want to be inhaling into your lungs. I’ve been making my own for about 4 years now and by buying my supplies in larger quantities it only costs me around 72 cents to make a 30ml bottle. There are lots of good pre made flavorings out there. Cappella and TFA are just a couple that are pretty good on keeping the flavor true. It’s all going to come down to your personal preference. You have to experiment to learn what you like and don’t like. I usually make a 15ml test bottle of a new flavor that way if it turns out to be crap I really haven’t lost anything by dumping it and starting over. Once you start it’s an addicting hobby though. Just be sure to measure and document everything carefully so you will be able to keep making that favorite. Best of luck and congrats on giving up the smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors