Become a Patron!

DIABLO RTA

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg so I picked up the Diablo RTA clone from angel cigs (here sitting on my COV Mini Volt for the moment) and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. Machining is a bit rough but there was little to no machine oil. The deck is rather small, I had issues fitting the first 3 sets of coils I tried (3mm and 2.5mm). I have it built with dual 5 wrap 2mm 26g claptons ohming at about .25. Wicking it wasn't hard; pancake style is working fine for me. The flavor KICKED ME IN THE FACE. it's great! And has good dense clouds with the build I made. I'd recommend it if you can deal with the aforementioned cons, but so far so good!

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. All it says on it is "Philippines EL DIABLO" on the top-fill cap. still has all the branding items on the barrel... the diablo graphic and the words DIABLO on the other side. Vapes great, no leaks!

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been curious about that tank, maybe once I replenish my vape budget i'll pick one up.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg Here's my build. Not the prettiest, but it's something. Works fine, vapes great.image.jpeg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It needs vertical coils. It will make a huge difference. I just use the pre made UD .5 claptons and they are great in the tank. I ujse the same build in my aromazizer - which is very similar to this - the deck anyway in terms of build.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Verticals are my next build for this, but as it is right now, I'd have to say it's out-flavoring all of my RTAs to include the Griffin. Loving this lil guy so far.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to hear. I bought one from AngelCigs too. Should be at my door tomorrow (although Ill be out of town still). Ive been using the original RTA deck on my TFV4 (first run), so Im sure the deck will feel huge for me. Ive also got an El Diablo Baal V3 en route. Look forward to trying them both!

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@WARCHOP37 can you give Me an idea about how many mm the air slot is when it's all the way open?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just about to order it but I need to know this before I make the plunge and I cant seem to get the answer anywhere -_-;

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just about to order it but I need to know this before I make the plunge and I cant seem to get the answer anywhere -_-;

Tried contacting the manufacturer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the clone OTW and if I like it I'll get the real thing

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Waiting on mine to arrive from 2vapedx!

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AnthonyLouis i dont have an answer for you. I will tell you though that wide open it has a pretty airy draw. I'm not certain what you need the mm for, but it has performed well for me so far, again, outshining my other tanks in the flavor department quite handily.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the clone from eBay is a fail. The damn glass dia is too big. Smfh.

42a54cabc612085a81a67e05e3f832e2.jpg
e0f1b37fb65db5512516020d74ecfb0d.jpg

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VaporCarp i got mine on angelcigs and its worked great so far. as i mentioned up top though, it doesnt come without its flaws. Still, I've come to love this thing so far and haven't looked back.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VaporCarp i got mine on angelcigs and its worked great so far. as i mentioned up top though, it doesnt come without its flaws. Still, I've come to love this thing so far and haven't looked back.
This isn't useable. Glad you're having good luck

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@WARCHOP37 I wanted to know the mm size because Ive been using rda for years now with minimum 6mm airflow (2 3mm). I inhale the vape straight to lungs and not mouth to lungs. The last rta I used was a kayfun (which had the most restricted airflow for me) and I hated it and never used it again after 10 min...

Last night I eventually found the info I was looking for (thank you @raymo2u )and made the plunge for an Aromamizer.... Played it safe since it has the 4 3mm air holes blowing directly from side of deck to coils. Figured I'd stick as close to an RDA as I can.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@WARCHOP37 I wanted to know the mm size because Ive been using rda for years now with minimum 6mm airflow (2 3mm). I inhale the vape straight to lungs and not mouth to lungs. The last rta I used was a kayfun (which had the most restricted airflow for me) and I hated it and never used it again after 10 min...

Last night I eventually found the info I was looking for (thank you @raymo2u )and made the plunge for an Aromamizer.... Played it safe since it has the 4 3mm air holes blowing directly from side of deck to coils. Figured I'd stick as close to an RDA as I can.

Most of the Dual Coil RTA's have wide open airflow designed for direct lung inhales, the Kayfun age airflow died a while back, only Goblin Mini's and a handful of other RTA's are MTL style airflow...Its not something thats often done anymore and most RTA's are airer then most RDA's now.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh see I didn't know, that's why I was being so pesky with all the questions about the air hole sizes... I mentioned it when I started my thread that I haven't bought any hardware in over a year so I was pretty much clueless.... Plus Ive been making my own e juice for a few years now so I literally have no reason to go to a vape shop. But this is definitely the most welcoming news, maybe I'll grab a few more RTAs now. Maybe the Griffin and the Diablo. I really am so tired of dripping... Carrying around a bottle of juice and having to drip EVERY TIME is such a pain in the ass, but I had no choice untill now, I couldn't stand the restrictivness of airflow on any tanks.

Thanks again everyone for the help, I really do appreciate it.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If anyone needs any help with DIY recipes/flavors or what not, that's where I can help.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bought all mine off Ebay, I always get it in 3 days of my purchase also...Ill get you the link for the one I buy..
Here is the one I buy

Most online stores may be cheaper but most are out of stock or still in pre order...I dont like waiting so I dont mind spending the couple bucks more.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VapeNW is a great place to get one too.
Last thing I bought from them went from Seattle to Key West by the 4th morning at only a $5 shipping charge. You cant ask for much more.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Diablo clone is leaking like crazy when I screw on the topcap after topfilling, didnt you experience that?
Also mine has no raised airholes and no airflow control :/ it really sucks (3FVape Clone) + the grub screws are shit too :D

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had none of the issues you outlined, though i hzve the angelcigs version. dont know how much of a difference that makes.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I finally got home and was able to dig into my angelcigs Diablo.

Extremely disappointed.

I don't know if it was the Allen key, or the screws, but it's unusable. Completely stripped before I could get the first build in. I can't even tighten the screws enough to screw the dome on.

I emailed AC, and I hope they make it right. I asked for some replacement screws and Allen key. I bought 3 of these (other 2 are for coworkers), but I'm afraid to try them in the event it's the Allen key that is stripping it. Maybe it's just a hair too small. Either that or my screws are garbage.

Either way, hope I here back soon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everything was peachy up to that point though...
Although the deck was smaller than I expected. Had to drop to a 2mm inner diameter to clear the deck.

bce644d3d0d800de8535eb8f33760ec0.jpg

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like it was just a junk Allen key. I had to go buy a new set from home depot because neither one I have went small enough, but a good key made all the difference.

Interestingly enough, out of the 3 Diablos, the black and blue came with hex screws, while the silver is flat head.

Last edited:

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been seeing a lot of traffic on the Diablo front, figured I should resurrect this thread. Consolidate as necessary. Seems everyone is coming around to this one. Glad to see it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like it was just a junk Allen key. I had to go buy a new set from home depot because neither one I have went small enough, but a good key made all the difference.

Interestingly enough, out of the 3 Diablos, the black and blue came with hex screws, while the silver is flat head.

Good keys make all the difference. I had stripping problems all the time till I bought a set of quality Allen keys.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors