Become a Patron!

Did I buy this for nothing? (ego pass through cable)

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,

I have several housemates/family members who smoke but also enjoy vaping. And, you guessed it, they enjoy vaping with ole John's gear. That's fine. So I bought another ego twist battery to have as a backup of other devices.

"GET TO THE QUESTION, JOHN" -- I have an ego charging cable on order but it wont get here for a while I figure. So I found a cheapo looking one at the vape shop today when I was picking up some kinda-acceptable ejuice. Well, it's a VV pass through cable. On the way home I was checking the package and it looks like its JUST a passthrough cable.

Do pass-through cables charge the ego battery? Or just allow usage while plugged in so you dont zap from the battery?

Package does not say its a charger...just a passthrough. Was like $5 at vape shop, so its prob 2.99 somewhere online Im thinking.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes... the passthrough cable IS the charger... the passthrough feature is part of the battery. As long as it meets the specs your Ego calls for, it's all good.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
guys, im going to use the passthrough to charge the ego ...the ego battery is a VV unit. The passthrough is VV as well. But I just want it to charge the ego battery. Which voltage should I set the passthrough at to simply charge the ego battery?

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
5 volts / 500 milliamps charging rate

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for your help guys but these is basically just a little "battery" itself...i mean you can stick a tank/atomizer on it and vape with it plugged in. No charger. Oh well, i'll use it in the car probably...so not a loss!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, those are basically ego batteries that plug in to the usb, not chargers. The connections are completely different. Last ego charger I bought at a vape shop for like $5, those pass throughs run about that online. I use my istick 20w or mvp2 in passthrough mode sometimes, but they only have that option because the charger is a USB connection and not the ego charger. I dont know of any device cable or otherwise that will let a device that charges through the ego connector vape while charging. I may be wrong tho. Hope that's clear as mud at least.

VU Sponsors