Become a Patron!

Did i do something wrong?

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
there was a local buy and sell group on FB which im part of and as of late most of new members aren't smokers and i tried to warn and educate them about vaping i got bashed instead. i was like really? then they told me that vaping isn't created for smokers etc etc.

did i do something wrong? should i let everyone vape without telling them that it might harm them? been smoking for 13+ years and i know how highly addictive nic is.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
there was a local buy and sell group on FB which im part of and as of late most of new members aren't smokers and i tried to warn and educate them about vaping i got bashed instead. i was like really? then they told me that vaping isn't created for smokers etc etc.

did i do something wrong? should i let everyone vape without telling them that it might harm them? been smoking for 13+ years and i know how highly addictive nic is.
Want to be sure if I have this correct... you came to a vaping forum to ask if you shouldn't tell people that vaping might harm them? More so than smoking?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
no
this is typical
people are vaping to be cool not to quit smoking

could there be harmful side effects to vaping? WE DO NOT KNOW
You should tell people that

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's a buy and sell group. You are upsetting the banana stand. Maybe find a new place to preach and let commerce do its thing.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what i mean is if they're not smoking in the first place why vape? i know some people turned into smokers and they started out with vaping.

i know some people who vape for flavors and im good with it. i don't have any issues with people who wants to get into vaping. but the thing is i tried to warn them about the harm they might get from vaping.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what i mean is if they're not smoking in the first place why vape? i know some people turned into smokers and they started out with vaping.

i know some people who vape for flavors and im good with it. i don't have any issues with people who wants to get into vaping. but the thing is i tried to warn them about the harm they might get from vaping.

I tend to let adults I don't know make decisions on their own. If you don't like it and they don't like you, pack up the crusade and find a new group. Or don't. It's more or less a free country.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are a LOT of people that vape that never smoked. Lot of members here, for that matter. Some vape for stress related matters, some vape because it helps them to not snack. Everyone has their personal reasons for it, so sure, they might take issue with the preaching.

I've honestly not met anyone that never smoked, then started vaping, then moved on to smoking from vaping.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in a third world country like mine its an issue. they're vaping with nic in it then they quit vaping for some reasons, sold their mods then their body starts craving for nic and then they don't have the cash to get a new vape then ended up smoking cigs. happened to some people i knew. its sad really.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like @skt238 said...you gotta pick your audience a bit better. I’m pretty sure I’m understanding your viewpoint (Having no problems with vaping or people that vape, but wanting to warn people that are not using it as a tobacco-product replacement that there are still possible harmful effects of vaping in the long run...it’s not just a hobby like stamp collecting that carries no potential health risks), BUT setting up that soap box somewhere there are established vapers buying and selling stuff is setting yourself up as a flamer or troll trying to get your point across, as there’s no way to broach that topic without sounding at least a bit inflammatory with your comments, regardless of if they are coming from a good place and not meant in that way.
Hell, I just heard on the news that a group in California has found extremely low traces of a cancer-causing agent in coffee, of all things, but I doubt that group would want to set up shop at a Starbucks and start telling folks about it (not to mention if folks are like me, they don’t care if coffee contains the souls of cute little kittens...I’m still going to drink it).
There’s nothing wrong with giving people information or even playing devils advocate...but the forum and audience to best receive your message is probably not on a trading page for vaping supplies.
Just my 2 cents...I could be wrong, and I support anyone’s right to think or say so

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in a third world country like mine its an issue. they're vaping with nic in it then they quit vaping for some reasons, sold their mods then their body starts craving for nic and then they don't have the cash to get a new vape then ended up smoking cigs. happened to some people i knew. its sad really.
Now I'm starting to get why they don't want you in their group.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Now I'm starting to get why they don't want you in their group.

@skt239 i don't get it will you enlighten me?

Probably because it sounds like you are slipping more into telling a story rather than giving information based on documented facts.
It’s great to have examples to help people understand your viewpoint, but with no documentation or studies behind said example, it can sound to some like grasping at straws trying to prove your point by just saying whatever...even if that’s not the case (not calling anyone a liar or saying they’re misrepresenting something-just saying having some numbers put together or surveys and focus groups have a much more positive impact in delivering messages than just explaining a possibility with no documentation).

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably because it sounds like you are slipping more into telling a story rather than giving information based on documented facts.
It’s great to have examples to help people understand your viewpoint, but with no documentation or studies behind said example, it can sound to some like grasping at straws trying to prove your point by just saying whatever...even if that’s not the case (not calling anyone a liar or saying they’re misrepresenting something-just saying having some numbers put together or surveys and focus groups have a much more positive impact in delivering messages than just explaining a possibility with no documentation).

^^^^
This. If I'm being honest, you're a bit of a buzzkill. If I wanted to hear that stuff I could watch the news. I never watch the news. Vaping is a funny hobby for me. This forum is a place where I come to unwind, not hear stories about the horrors of nicotine addiction. Now I gotta ask, are you trolling?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

do you go to wine forums to warn of the evils of drinking?

Children of ALL ages do many things that are harmful. It's a condition of life.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Before you become a "smoker", smoking is way harder than vaping so I would suggest these people you supposedly know have deeper issues

While many people look down on nonsmokers turning to vaping, I am not one of them and give ZERO credence to vaping being a "gateway" to smoking

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe we should conduct a social experiment. Everyone walk up to someone that is smoking today and say “Trying to kick that vaping habit, eh? Yeah...it’s a bitch” and let’s see what kind of responses we get

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Maybe we should conduct a social experiment. Everyone walk up to someone that is smoking today and say “Trying to kick that vaping habit, eh? Yeah...it’s a bitch” and let’s see what kind of responses we get

:devil:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sang that song at one time too, but a fellow forum member set me straight awhile back on how vaping, as well as the hobbyist aspect of it, was a big stress reliever in his life after a family tragedy. I now understand and prefer to let others live their own lives as they choose and live mine the same way. ;)

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

lol

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sang that song at one time too, but a fellow forum member set me straight awhile back on how vaping, as well as the hobbyist aspect of it, was a big stress reliever in his life after a family tragedy. I now understand and prefer to let others live their own lives as they choose and live mine the same way. ;)

good point.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just gonna point out that your full of fucking shit. Go somewhere else and preach your bullshit. Don't come to this forum and spit your absolute idiocy on us.
I get why the people on the group got pissed off.
Why would you come to a vaping forum and warn people about vaping with no evidence whatsoever.
God some people on here grind my gears.
You are not gonna fit in here whatsoever.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
8mS65Uk.jpg

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I tell anyone that vaping is far less hazardous than smoking and that if you don’t smoke I suggest they not start vaping, the only thing our lungs are totally safe with is fresh clean air. Period.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell anyone that vaping is far less hazardous than smoking and that if you don’t smoke I suggest they not start vaping, the only thing our lungs are totally safe with is fresh clean air. Period.
My brother works in a lab testing out e cigs and even he know it's safer

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Stop trying to save the world by telling others what to do. Save it by helping others by teaching them to help themselves. The world is full of do-gooders who know what is better for everyone else and aren't hesitant to tell them. Yet, those same people are far from living the perfect life. When I find someone who lives the life I want then I'll listen to them. Until then, they're just a bunch of I & As.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... some vape because it helps them to not snack. Everyone has their personal reasons for it, so sure, they might take issue with the preaching..

My wife, who doesn't smoke nor vape, thought it would be an interesting experiment to get people vaping as a weight loss program/method. "Good luck with that" I told her. But it might have merits especially for those who can't lose weight any other way.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in a third world country like mine its an issue. t
Damn, it's a good thing all those people in the 1st and 2nd world countries don't have that experience with nicotine. Lucky bastards.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am most definitely doing that tomorrow at work.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll agree on the air Fresh or clean... not really rewuired.. as the air we have today is the same air as we had before.... the air and water on the planet today is the same air and water we had in the past...... the quantities of both are constant... there is no FRESH air....

CLEAN is also subjective..... as 1 volcanic eruption spews more pollution than all the cars on the road and factories combined.

No we need air... including the toxic and corrosive part's like oxygen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll agree on the air Fresh or clean... not really rewuired.. as the air we have today is the same air as we had before.... the air and water on the planet today is the same air and water we had in the past...... the quantities of both are constant... there is no FRESH air....

CLEAN is also subjective..... as 1 volcanic eruption spews more pollution than all the cars on the road and factories combined.

No we need air... including the toxic and corrosive part's like oxygen.

Haha well I’m not gonna argue about air, you guys would argue about anything :D

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it at a mountain cabin in N.C. far away from silly stuff I find in civilization :D
Nope, still has dust, Pollen and believe it or not lots of pollution from all around the world. In WA up on Mt Raineer there's layers of snow that are black with Pollution from China.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wish I could afford to live my life as I choose :D

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, still has dust, Pollen and believe it or not lots of pollution from all around the world. In WA up on Mt Raineer there's layers of snow that are black with Pollution from China.
Not to mention billions of years old and think of all the people who had it I themselves before you.

Fresh and clean where air and water ate concerned is subjective. As they are constants.

Every molecule of air we breathe or drop of water we drink.... has been drunk or breathed before......

In fact unless shot into space on a rocket..... everything that has ever been on this planet..... Still is.. in one form or another.

You mountains on the eastern US are cover with California fart tainted snow.... just saying.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to mention billions of years old and think of all the people who had it I themselves before you.

Fresh and clean where air and water ate concerned is subjective. As they are constants.

Every molecule of air we breathe or drop of water we drink.... has been drunk or breathed before......

In fact unless shot into space on a rocket..... everything that has ever been on this planet..... Still is.. in one form or another.

You mountains on the eastern US are cover with California fart tainted snow.... just saying.

True but many of todays pollutants did not exist in a natural form and have been created by humans in the last 100 years.
Or were buried deep under ground, etc.
ancient man did not have to worry about PCB's, prescription meds, insecticides, etc in his water.

VU Sponsors