Become a Patron!

Did I overpay for my panzer?

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
edit: I forgot to mention it's a clone in the title, sorry.

So after searching for a good panzer mod clone I finally found one at a local shop. The price was $90. Upon looking online I got quite nervous because it feels as if I overpaid. The reason I come here to ask is because it looks a lot different from the ones I've been finding online regarding the pins. Sorry about the firing button part of the mod; the damn piece of the tube wont screw off and I dont want to damage any thread trying to fight with it.

p1.jpg p2.jpg p3.jpg

It hits really well, my profile picture is a hit from it and that was low battery. If I did overpay for it I guess it's not bad as I was able to see it in my hands and not gamble ordering one online.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes you did, even from the higher quality/slightly more expensive vendor i use is 29.99 https://www.vapingwalrus.com/panzer-black-hawk ...most local shops over charge most people, dont feel bad. if you need trustworthy sites to use you can always ask. vapingwalrus and 101vape are two awesome ones

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes you did, even from the higher quality/slightly more expensive vendor i use is 29.99 https://www.vapingwalrus.com/panzer-black-hawk ...most local shops over charge most people, dont feel bad. if you need trustworthy sites to use you can always ask. vapingwalrus and 101vape are two awesome ones

-sigh- I had a feeling. The only thing that justifies it is that I didn't gamble with a blind order online; I like looking at things in hand such as a mod. That blows though - could've saved that cash and put it towards the stingray I want. Ah well. So much for buying locally now lol.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

So after searching for a good panzer mod clone I finally found one at a local shop. The price was $90. Upon looking online I got quite nervous because it feels as if I overpaid. The reason I come here to ask is because it looks a lot different from the ones I've been finding online regarding the pins. Sorry about the firing button part of the mod; the damn piece of the tube wont screw off and I dont want to damage any thread trying to fight with it.

View attachment 5343 View attachment 5344 View attachment 5345

It hits really well, my profile picture is a hit from it and that was low battery. If I did overpay for it I guess it's not bad as I was able to see it in my hands and not gamble ordering one online.
Yes you got reamed in the pooper!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its ok i paid $40 for an ego kit and $10 for 10ml of juice for my first vape purchase, just have to realize the game they are playing at local shops and youll learn to find trustworthy online shops lol

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its ok i paid $40 for an ego kit and $10 for 10ml of juice for my first vape purchase, just have to realize the game they are playing at local shops and youll learn to find trustworthy online shops lol
Pretty much!

I'm really happy; my first ever vape purchase was 2 evods (2x battery and 2x tank) and a charger in the retail box for only $30 and 6 10ml bottles of juice for $20 because it was a pack!

To be honest I'm thinking about learning how to make ejuice because these sub-ohm builds I have eat up juice like no other. 100VG cant be THAT hard to make, no?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not hard at all just be careful handling the nicotine, download ejuicemeup and play around with it

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
See I think of using 0 mg of nicotine as like drinking a glass filled with ice without the coke but I am addicted to nicotine :) jest jesting with ya
Haha! See I have no idea what vaping with nicotine is like aside from the three hits trying people mods (which made me cough immensely)

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life; I just really like the entire concept of vaping and how much there is to it between the community, mods and making juice and such.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, if you never smoked, there is no reason to get yourself addicted to nicotine now.

As far as the Panzer goes, yeah, there are better...and worse...deals online. For example: I got my Copper Panzer on a vendor's group buy for $20.
But, there are many manufacturers and brands that are making the same thing, so quality varies a LOT.

If you stick to Infinite, Hcigar, Ehpro and to some extent Tobeco you should be fine.
Once you'd been at it awhile and read up on stuff, you might want to experiment with others but those are proven to be some of the better brands of clones.

Even more important I think, is getting quality batteries. THAT is a whole 'nother topic which has been discussed to death on here though. Basic rule of batteries: if it has "fire" in the name, don't buy it.

I use Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and some AW and Efest batteries. Just depends on your intended use. Buy better ones than you think you need, IMHO.

Best of luck!

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, if you never smoked, there is no reason to get yourself addicted to nicotine now.

As far as the Panzer goes, yeah, there are better...and worse...deals online. For example: I got my Copper Panzer on a vendor's group buy for $20.
But, there are many manufacturers and brands that are making the same thing, so quality varies a LOT.

If you stick to Infinite, Hcigar, Ehpro and to some extent Tobeco you should be fine.
Once you'd been at it awhile and read up on stuff, you might want to experiment with others but those are proven to be some of the better brands of clones.

Even more important I think, is getting quality batteries. THAT is a whole 'nother topic which has been discussed to death on here though. Basic rule of batteries: if it has "fire" in the name, don't buy it.

I use Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and some AW and Efest batteries. Just depends on your intended use. Buy better ones than you think you need, IMHO.

Best of luck!

Efest batteries are my go-to brand; I feel like they're the most trustworthy. I have a sony battery that I know is real because I got that one locally. As for buying batteries online that is wayyyy more of a gamble than a mod online. batteries are one thing I'd never ever buy online.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 5343 View attachment 5344 View attachment 5345

paying that much for it I would damn sure take it back and have them get the piece that's stuck loose for you.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Efest batteries are my go-to brand; I feel like they're the most trustworthy. I have a sony battery that I know is real because I got that one locally. As for buying batteries online that is wayyyy more of a gamble than a mod online. batteries are one thing I'd never ever buy online.
You do realize that all Efest batteries are just relabeled from real makers of batteries, LG,Sony,Samsung,Panasonic etc you are taking a bigger gamble with an Efest battery you never know what it is unless you have others and know what they are relabeling example the Efest 35A is an LG.. Buying batteries online is fine once you find a trusted resource

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i buy all my batteries online, its just as much of a gamble as buying locally. ive heard countless stories of shops getting "great deals" on huge bags of batteries only to find out from customers they are not real. i can only imagine how many shops out there are carrying fakes and dont know it

as long as you know how to inspect a battery through its pictures, and have trusted sources its not a gamble.

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get a feeling most of us have overpaid at least once. Don't beat yourself up over it.
This thread has helped me realize that and I'm pretty happy for it. It's been haunting me.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i buy all my batteries online, its just as much of a gamble as buying locally. ive heard countless stories of shops getting "great deals" on huge bags of batteries only to find out from customers they are not real. i can only imagine how many shops out there are carrying fakes and dont know it

as long as you know how to inspect a battery through its pictures, and have trusted sources its not a gamble.
Exactly haha I was just pointing out again maybe I should make a post in the Battery area.. EFEST DOES NOT MAKE BATTERIEEEEEEES! hehehe

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly haha I was just pointing out again maybe I should make a post in the Battery area.. EFEST DOES NOT MAKE BATTERIEEEEEEES! hehehe
Today I learned... hm.. Guess I lucked out with mine then

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today I learned... hm.. Guess I lucked out with mine then
No man its not that they are bad but anytime you have a company that just packages cells (Batteries) then resells them there is almost always more counterfeiters .... the AW batteries are also just relabeled and quite a while back there were a bunch that were fake much like the sonys they were easy pickings...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This thread has helped me realize that and I'm pretty happy for it. It's been haunting me.
Yeah man, I paid too much for my Copper King v2 because it had just came out and I WANTED ONE. :D
It had some issues too, but I've worked on it and now it's one of my fave mods. Still worth it in the long run IMO if ya like the device and it works.

My baby, all nice and patinated now after I stripped the shitty clearcoat off and messed with it:

P1020292.JPG

It's like buying cars...the second ya go off the lot, you just lost money. But, people still buy new cars. ;-)

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought a real Panzer for 95 bucks on eBay, so you overpaid, but b&ms have to make money, so get educated and buy online. If you want to buy authentic for a damn good price, go to thevapetrader.com . You have to shop and look around on the site, but you can find a lot of nice pieces for a great price. Same for eBay, but you need a lot more experience before you do this, you need to be able to notice the nuances that separate authentic from clone. If you do want to go with clones, make sure you purchase Infinite, HCigar, or EhPro., they all make VERY NICE products. By the looks of your clone, it looks like a high quality clone! I learned a lot about batteries by accident. My little boy, 5 at the time, peeled the label off a Sony VTC4, while examining the battery, I noticed, in very faint black lettering, it read SONY VTC4, well I had about 6 old batteries that wouldn't hold a charge long, two were Efest Purple 18650's, I peeled the label off, and sure enough it read LG, the others were Sony VTC3's. When I pulled the label off these they all read the same as my first Sony, but VTC3. I only buy Sonys or MNKEs.

VU Sponsors