Become a Patron!

DID I PURCHASE THE RIGHT BATTERIES?????

WHAT BATTERIES???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, im new to drip mods and had a question. I recently purchased a Smok G-Prov 2 but bought the batteries seperate. I purchased 2x Samsung 25R 2500mah, will that be enough? Or will i need 2x 3000mah? I really need some professional opinions asap if possible. Please and thank you in advance.

-MRMEESEEKS187

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
It all depends how hard you wanna push 'em. If you're vaping on the lower end of the spectrum, where your mod don't need the capabilities batteries like the Sony VTC5A can provide, then a higher capacity like the Samsung 30q's would be better to give you more life in your batteries. Though if you run your device at high watts low ohms, than you'll probably need a battery with a higher CDR than the 30Q's can provide safely. Look at mooch's blog over on ECF to find the batteries that are right for you. Obviously only use batteries from the big three, Sony, Samsung, LG. Of course get them from legit sources, like Liion Wholesale, and a couple others. Don't be that guy who gets them from eBay and wonder what went wrong. Anyway hope I helped a little, welcome to VU happy vaping :vino:

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually vape around 40-50 watts and the 3000's give me more battery life. I still have some 2500's but use them as backups.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It all depends how hard you wanna push 'em. If you're vaping on the lower end of the spectrum, where your mod don't need the capabilities batteries like the Sony VTC5A can provide, then a higher capacity like the Samsung 30q's would be better to give you more life in your batteries. Though if you run your device at high watts low ohms, than you'll probably need a battery with a higher CDR than the 30Q's can provide safely. Look at mooch's blog over on ECF to find the batteries that are right for you. Obviously only use batteries from the big three, Sony, Samsung, LG. Of course get them from legit sources, like Liion Wholesale, and a couple others. Don't be that guy who gets them from eBay and wonder what went wrong. Anyway hope I helped a little, welcome to VU happy vaping :vino:

He is using a regulated mod. The input controller handles the amps and send the result to the output controller which outputs the watts. Without going into a ton of math, all ohms law calculations are done by the mod, therefore amps have nothing to do with safety. Mechanical mods, yes, but not regulated. See..
http://blog.thevaporist.org/2015/12/29/regulated-mods/

Basically, the input controller pulls the required power (amps) required and passes it to the output controller. Remember, just because you have a 25A battery, doesn't mean it is actually going to use 25A. That is only for CDR which is a standard for how many amps can be used without causing the battery to overheat. Example... a 20A battery with a 0.21 ohm resistor (coil) can safely discharge from full to empty without overheating (venting) however, the same 20A battery can be used with a 0.10 ohm coil but will provide 37A (but will overheat if discharged constantly) Mech mods take advantage of this because they do not fire constantly. At 0.30 ohm resistance only 12.33A is drawn. In other words, CDR has more to do with battery chemistry than power.
The MaH of a battery is how much charge the battery holds. 3000mah vs 2500mah. More than anything, you want to look at battery quality, LG and Samsung are both quality batteries, hence either one is fine. (although the 3000mah will last longer on a single charge)

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
He is using a regulated mod. The input controller handles the amps and send the result to the output controller which outputs the watts. Without going into a ton of math, all ohms law calculations are done by the mod, therefore amps have nothing to do with safety. Mechanical mods, yes, but not regulated. See..
http://blog.thevaporist.org/2015/12/29/regulated-mods/

Basically, the input controller pulls the required power (amps) required and passes it to the output controller. Remember, just because you have a 25A battery, doesn't mean it is actually going to use 25A. That is only for CDR which is a standard for how many amps can be used without causing the battery to overheat. Example... a 20A battery with a 0.21 ohm resistor (coil) can safely discharge from full to empty without overheating (venting) however, the same 20A battery can be used with a 0.10 ohm coil but will provide 37A (but will overheat if discharged constantly) Mech mods take advantage of this because they do not fire constantly. At 0.30 ohm resistance only 12.33A is drawn. In other words, CDR has more to do with battery chemistry than power.
The MaH of a battery is how much charge the battery holds. 3000mah vs 2500mah. More than anything, you want to look at battery quality, LG and Samsung are both quality batteries, hence either one is fine. (although the 3000mah will last longer on a single charge)

My bad then, thanks for clarifying my mistake. I don't wanna put out any false info, so thanks man.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
in vw regulated mods the coil has nothing to do with the amp discharge. its the watt setting and the battery voltage
watt setting/current battery voltage/mod efficiency=amp draw

so at 120 watts and full charge and assuming 90% efficiency
any vw regulated mod is drawing approximately 16 amps
but at low battery cut of which is usually around 6v
that same mod regardless of the coil will draw about 22 amps

most 2 battery mods are fine with a 20 amp battery unless you plan on doing some serious chain vaping above 120 watts or you are worried about auto firing and mishaps

because at 200watts which is often the max wattage setting of a 2 battery mod
you will draw between 26 and 37 amps depending on low voltage cutoff, sag and other factors

which is why it is recommended to use 30 amp batteries on a 2 battery mod that you plan on using above 120ish watts

but batteries work this way
more amp capacity = less mah and vice versa

in vw regulated mods the coil has nothing to do with the amp discharge. its the watt setting and the battery voltage
watt setting/current battery voltage/mod efficiency=amp draw

so at 120 watts and full charge and assuming 90% efficiency
any vw regulated mod is drawing approximately 16 amps
but at low battery cut of which is usually around 6v
that same mod regardless of the coil will draw about 22 amps

most 2 battery mods are fine with a 20 amp battery unless you plan on doing some serious chain vaping above 120 watts or you are worried about auto firing and mishaps

because at 200watts which is often the max wattage setting of a 2 battery mod
you will draw between 26 and 37 amps depending on low voltage cutoff, sag and other factors

which is why it is recommended to use 30 amp batteries on a 2 battery mod that you plan on using above 120ish watts

but batteries work this way
more amp capacity = less mah and vice versa
This explains everything i needed lol i just bought a single slot charger and had no knowledge of how many batteries it takes. But in a week i'll buy a 2x 3000mah with a dual charger. I will be mostly using a low watt just to make sure and experiment with it untill i get the other batteries and charger. Back ups are always a good thing :)

VU Sponsors